Skip to main content

Topic: How many members must be in a clan to take an unclaimed hamlet?  (Read 263 times) previous topic - next topic

How many members must be in a clan to take an unclaimed hamlet?
My wife and I have a crafting clan of 4,  and attempted to take an open uncontested hamlet and were given an error message saying there are not enough members in your clan to take a city. I am not able to find any reference to members needed for taking an uncontested city or hamlet. Not only do none of the tool tips not say it anywhere (the error message should at LEAST say how many are actually needed), even the wiki's and forum post regarding taking cities seem to not refer to it anywhere. Since so few people are playing, you'd think they would want anything to keep players interested. Kinda bummed that we couldn't take it....it's just SITTING there lol. Mocking us. Silently. Oh and we spent 20k on the shard.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Re: How many members must be in a clan to take an unclaimed hamlet?
Reply #1
hamlet 10, city 20

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Thought it was changed to 5/10

Reply #3
There is a trick to this too. If you have a character that you don't mind deleting, you can create and alt, recruit to clan, delete and create another.

Racial alliance chat should find someone willing to help though. You don't lose it if you go under. It's just to take it

I thought it was raised back to10/20. But was 5/10 during indev.. confused on what it's at unless i did through patch notes
85% /s

Reply #4
I can confirm it's 10 for hamlet, 20 for city. That is just to take it.
Once you have it, you can even stay solo in the clan and you'll keep the holding (for as long as you pay meditation upkeep).

@Pallist Horror there's a limit how many times a char can be deleted per day/week

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #5
just buy 6 more alts! you'll be a happy family

Reply #6
I've got two alts I can clan up with you temporarily if you want, Long (both blue elves). Just send me a PM if you do.

Reply #7
I've got two alts I can clan up with you temporarily if you want, Long (both blue elves). Just send me a PM if you do.

Thanks, but it seems to be a bit of a nuisance. I'll ask in racial when I know I'll be on for a few hours, I'll offer substantial gear bags as payment and maybe we'll be able to pull it off. Dunno if it is still open though. One of those things we had the time, so we went to take it and we like WTF? and of course no information in game, or online other than asking you guys. Just one of those things.

We are blue elves, I guess I should say that in advance in case I get any more offers.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Reply #8
Well, good luck to you. I hope more small clans can manage in this game :)

By the way, don't forget clans need to pay upkeep for holdings:
~2k clan meditation per day per hamlet
~5k clan medi per day per city

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #9
I think he just called you nuisance :D

Reply #10
I think he just called you nuisance :D

Lol no, the option in the game is, not the offer, or those offering. They are much appreciated. Seems to me if you can take the hamlet and have the med points, the clan size requirements are kinda discriminatory to those who don't want large clans, or to be in them. Pushing only larger clans on people is kinda unfair. Anyway, thanks again.