Skip to main content

Topic: Last Ditch Effort on Saving New Dawn (Read 1898 times) previous topic - next topic

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Last Ditch Effort on Saving New Dawn
Reply #60
I dont think global markets is a good idea. On the other hand i see no damn reason why there are 8 different markets in every racial area... they should just link them in their respective racial area. Maybe even link hintenfau, ottenhal and espenhal markets into one. They are close enough to each other anyway.
Linking markets is something I'm willing to accept as well if global markets are out.

You'd be able to link markets per 11 regions;
Tribelands
Dvergheim
Morak
Mercia
Nagast
Mirendil
Niflheim
Rubaiyat
Cairn
Yssam
"The Pall" (Name for the middle of the map was unknown for DF1, "The Pall" was the name UW gave it)

Linking these markets at least is more of a QoL thing for new and old players and should detract even less from the local vision than global markets.

Unfortunately I do not think @Ub3rgames is willing to consider linking in ANY form, limited or global, even if it makes perfect sense to most of us.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #61
Unfortunately I do not think @Ub3rgames is willing to consider linking in ANY form, limited or global, even if it makes perfect sense to most of us.

You never know. Maybe Marc's kid is old enough to show him that kids do not play as their parents imagined.

Regardless, I see only dead pixels here.

Reply #62
So regional markets. To be frank though, I still think regional banking for NPC banks + localized for player owned banks would have worked better... And would have generated organic warfronts and trade routes. Hoh well.

Reply #63
I dont think global markets is a good idea. On the other hand i see no damn reason why there are 8 different markets in every racial area... they should just link them in their respective racial area. Maybe even link hintenfau, ottenhal and espenhal markets into one. They are close enough to each other anyway.
Linking markets is something I'm willing to accept as well if global markets are out.

You'd be able to link markets per 11 regions;
Tribelands
Dvergheim
Morak
Mercia
Nagast
Mirendil
Niflheim
Rubaiyat
Cairn
Yssam
"The Pall" (Name for the middle of the map was unknown for DF1, "The Pall" was the name UW gave it)

Linking these markets at least is more of a QoL thing for new and old players and should detract even less from the local vision than global markets.

You already have that in RoA.....and global banks with fast travel. Just cut the cord already, I heard the population is booming over there because those ideas are amazing

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #64
Another idiot thinking that just because people want global markets that they suddenly want global banking.

It's the same two fucktards who don't realize that global markets with global gold while keeping local banking bring casual friendly elements at a price for convenience which in turn promote them to contribute all their unused stuff to the market for more gold.

That's literally the way the game was intended except because you can't have tiny economies within the map, you have to settle for one big working economy. The fact that the only things you'd find on markets during inDev were a carrot for 10k should've been a head scratcher
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #65
Another idiot thinking that just because people want global markets that they suddenly want global banking.
There is no such thing as combination of local banks and global markets. These concepts can't coexist. Introduction of global market immediately removes localization (local banks included). It does not matter if the bank is local when you can teleport goods with usage of global markets. You can straight up suggest to turn local banks into global banks with a fee that you have to pay the longer the distance between the banks is (with additional delay) and you will end up with the same setup as local banks with global markets.

This suggestion is nothing else but introduction of tedious version of global banking.
  • Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:38:26 am by wildNothing

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #66
There is no such thing as combination of local banks and global markets. These both concepts can't coexist. Introduction of global market immediately removes localization (local banks included). It does not matter if the bank is local when you can teleport goods with usage of global markets. You can straight up suggest to turn local banks into global banks with a fee that you have to pay the longer the distance between the banks is (with additional delay) and you will end up with the same setup as local banks with global markets.

This suggestion is nothing else but introduction of tedious version of global banking.
Kind of odd when the echo chamber consists on one person. Another no-lifer enjoying an empty server like a pig in shit
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #67
There is no such thing as combination of local banks and global markets. These both concepts can't coexist. Introduction of global market immediately removes localization (local banks included). It does not matter if the bank is local when you can teleport goods with usage of global markets. You can straight up suggest to turn local banks into global banks with a fee that you have to pay the longer the distance between the banks is (with additional delay) and you will end up with the same setup as local banks with global markets.

Kind of odd when the echo chamber consists on one person. Another no-lifer enjoying an empty server like a pig in shit

I'm pretty sure Ivar and wild only speak when they get eachothers dicks out of their mouths, just rolling around in a constant 69 position embrace while the rest of the community cringes.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #68
I think deep down WildNothing and Ivar are the biggest undercover DF anti-fans. They want to sabotage the community by yes-manning DND into oblivion, and when there's absolutely 0 people left besides themselves, they will have achieved their goal.

Reply #69
you guys are fcking pathetic..

i dont get it how you can still have decent conversations about this game. when they are not productive @ all

how can you still believe in this product?

raap: how many times you told.. "final effort" this past year?

common man get a grip and play something else
New dawn quote :

Everything is solved with markets and local banking

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #70
raap: how many times you told.. "final effort" this past year?
Twice, which admittedly makes little sense since something final should indeed be final, but then again most games do not get 4 reboots either.
Proud member of TD.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #71

I'm pretty sure Ivar and wild only speak when they get eachothers dicks out of their mouths, just rolling around in a constant 69 position embrace while the rest of the community cringes.
I laughed pretty hard and then cringed