Skip to main content

Topic: Your top QUICK FIX suggestions (Read 253 times) previous topic - next topic

Your top QUICK FIX suggestions
Obviously there's a mountain of things to change, so list your top 2-5 QUICK fixes you'd like to see implemented.

Here are mine:

1) Make trivial crafting able to be performed by anyone (arrows, L1-49 food, woodcutting, smelting, battlespikes, medium pots) and cut crafting time on these items by 30% if you have the Title.

2) Make it more front-loaded (1-74 skill does more, 75-99 stays the same, and 100 is reduced) and reduce the duration of WoF to 75% of current_

3) Reduce the steepness of the penalty on secondary spell effects if encumbered.  e.g. a Begone with 20 encumbrance should still do SOMETHING.

4) Tweak the loot scaling so that solo remains viable, but grouping isn't so heavily penalized. (roughly halfway between how it is now, and how it was before the last change)

There are obviously much more game-breaking issues around, but these are some quick fixes

Re: Your top QUICK FIX suggestions
Reply #1
Words like hope and future come to mind, give em back to me. There is no "quick fix" to something that is so much lacking from what it was supposed to be. Its like adding small 1% to already low as hell baseline, the result is pretty much still a  minor derivation.

And this is not me being bitter or anything.

EDIT: How do you "quick fix" us some 1.5-5k of new faces? Its no a bad game per se, but it jsut doesent work well with low population.
  • Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 11:32:16 pm by hecate355

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Obviously there's a mountain of things to change, so list your top 2-5 QUICK fixes you'd like to see implemented.

Here are mine:

1) Make trivial crafting able to be performed by anyone (arrows, L1-49 food, woodcutting, smelting, battlespikes, medium pots) and cut crafting time on these items by 30% if you have the Title.

2) Make it more front-loaded (1-74 skill does more, 75-99 stays the same, and 100 is reduced) and reduce the duration of WoF to 75% of current_

3) Reduce the steepness of the penalty on secondary spell effects if encumbered.  e.g. a Begone with 20 encumbrance should still do SOMETHING.

4) Tweak the loot scaling so that solo remains viable, but grouping isn't so heavily penalized. (roughly halfway between how it is now, and how it was before the last change)

There are obviously much more game-breaking issues around, but these are some quick fixes
I'll take all except don't care for number 2
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #3
Add a service to move banks and race changes.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Fix altfall first

Reply #5
In no particular order:

* Add scaling HP regen on all mobs & remove/reduce HP increase on scaled up mobs.
Follow that up with old spawn-scaling rewards formula.

* Change the formula for city nodes to much more aggressively reduce gained mats per number of players gathering (ie start at 150, but reduce by 5 per added player; instead of starting at 125 and reducing by only 1)

* Make markets functional (buy orders, bundle sale, etc)

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Pay the 78k in debt.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #7
I know a lot of people hate the idea of item shops, but really, having a shop for specialized banners for city walls, placeables in cities like statues, fountains and perhaps building decals, perhaps even mount blankets to show clan colors? Things that have no pay to win feature, but allow clans to fully customize their cities, and show matching colors on their mounts wouldn't be the worst thing. You could even make it so if hit in combat, the mount blanket would break away, in case people think having matching colors would make it easier to organize who to shoot... Revenue is the key, and not in just buying additional accounts.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Reply #8
I suppose I should have underlined and bolded QUICK FIX a few more times.   😛

Reply #9
go fund me
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
To @Ub3rgames

This is my list of suggestions to help make 'New Dawn' great again :)

Hotspots:
Area of x = x2 loot
Weekly World Boss- Needing 20 players doing mass damage to kill it in 30+ mins! (high hp, hp regen, high reward)
Strategically placed portals- Only 4 needed linking Racial areas to Centre! (new hotspots, risk vs reward)
World quest- Weekly & daily Kill x mob x times receive x of Mats/Med points or +2 stat

Spells:
WOF- placed in cooldown with aoe. Nerf range, making using it a strategic decision. 
Begone- Add fall damage buff, the same as Come-hither. (Only on targeted players, not on caster)
Come-hither- Parryable (come on, why isn't this in????)

Weapons:
Slow staff- nerf damage a little.
2 handed club, maces and polearms- Maybe add some form of leech for these weapons, instead of flat out buffing damage!
PA- powerattack leeches 30hp. Club- powerattack leeches 30 stam and Maces- powerattack leeches 15hp & 15stam. Half the bonuses for 1 handers. Really don't want to see flat out damage buffs, and powerattacks have cooldowns, making them easy to balance!

Armours:
Robes- buff protection & mana regen, lower magnitude.
Bone- buff mana regen, lower magnitude.
Metal- nerf movement displacing effect, slight nerf to protections. Make Sele above more expensive to make!
Leather-  nerf melee & archery magnitude.

Best wishes

Mega

(Disclaimer: I'm not interested in quick fixes, I'm interested in making the game a success)
  • Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:07:25 am by Giant