Skip to main content

Topic: Ub3rgames - Status (Read 9988 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ub3rgames - Status
Reply #390
No one even mentions quality of the new quests added, fetch 10 rat tails here i come eh? Quality quests take lots of resources, what we are gonna get  are probably the very same fetch the 10 rat tails and their equivalents.

Expect more of the same and hope it isnt broken, is our best bet in current situation, because seriously they dont have manpower for anything more complex.

Stop this yammering about quest this and quest that, it be rat tails, not some magical save the game event. Right now the house is in fire so to speak.

Reply #391
No one even mentions quality of the new quests added, fetch 10 rat tails here i come eh? Quality quests take lots of resources, what we are gonna get  are probably the very same fetch the 10 rat tails and their equivalents.

Expect more of the same and hope it isnt broken, is our best bet in current situation, because seriously they dont have manpower for anything more complex.

Stop this yammering about quest this and quest that, it be rat tails, not some magical save the game event. Right now the house is in fire so to speak.

ill be 100% happy with kill 10 kill 30 kill 100 mobs repeatable quests for med points IT IS REALLY WHAT WE VETERANS ONLY WANT AND NEED for this dumbass meditation system.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #392
I agree that bindstone quests will be good for some players.

But more meditation tied to pvp incentives are very much needed to keep those who don't like PvE.  Traveling 30 minutes to a VCP with a high likelihood of uneven numbers just isn't enough.  It's a start, but the pvpers need more.

Reply #393
@Ivar_theBoneless
Yeah those estimates I mentioned are quite accurate according to me. I know the post is a wall of text, but I've written more accurately there how I've estimated it. Quests are in deed one of the bigger projects to do, but considering any semi modern design of the engine, they are already components/classes for it. I haven't done much 3d-game programming, but writing a similar quest on the RunUO emulator (2d game, server programming aspect is very similar though), would take around 8 hours including tests. Now, there is caveat here. The emulator I'm talking about is fully open source and well structured, meaning the work can be done very fast. If the API is bad, it could take ages.

@Rimamok
Yeah, that def applies to me, but sadly I'm compulsive this way. Just look at what I wrote to Ivar, I made that as short as I possibly could. Might try, might not, but I'm mainly writing for the people that actually wants to read and hopefully to highlight some things to uber if they feel there is any worth there.

@xsevenbeta
It depends on complexity in deed, my estimates are however specified to the "skeleton type" quest, meaning the simplest one. I understand that it might not be the most rewarding, but it seemed here in the forum that even that would have been appreciated. In my opinion, if you want to make it more advanced, you start with skeleton and scale it up with time as that would give some benefit fast and even more while you are working at it.

/m

Reply #394
As a quick update after today's appointment:
It is less bad than expected.

The person in charge of the liquidation seems willing to help resolve the situation.
In the short term, all former debts are frozen, and all new expenses regarding running the business can be paid.
It just has to go through supervision and a plan has to be formulated to work on the frozen debt while not creating new ones.
Appeal may not even be necessary, as this new plan seems far more desirable. Further meetings will occur on Thursday and the coming weeks.

However, for the players, there should be almost no changes.
The server will continue to run, we'll continue our work on the game, however we'll have to start being "greedy" at some point.
After Thursday's meeting we'll know how soon that will be. At the very least the paid race change is planned for next patch.

Thank you all for your patience and calm during these few days of uncertainty.

@makaveli
We'll address your comment in a few days, once time permits. We're trying to catch up lost time this issue caused us.
However, we wanted to already thank you for your effort, especially if you hate communicating.
" a few days "

then a week passes

still nothing

lol

pathelogical liars

actions always speak louder then words and there actions are atrocious as in the lack of them matching there words

what a JOKE!
dodgy bastard

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #395
As a quick update after today's appointment:
It is less bad than expected.

The person in charge of the liquidation seems willing to help resolve the situation.
In the short term, all former debts are frozen, and all new expenses regarding running the business can be paid.
It just has to go through supervision and a plan has to be formulated to work on the frozen debt while not creating new ones.
Appeal may not even be necessary, as this new plan seems far more desirable. Further meetings will occur on Thursday and the coming weeks.

However, for the players, there should be almost no changes.
The server will continue to run, we'll continue our work on the game, however we'll have to start being "greedy" at some point.
After Thursday's meeting we'll know how soon that will be. At the very least the paid race change is planned for next patch.

Thank you all for your patience and calm during these few days of uncertainty.

@makaveli
We'll address your comment in a few days, once time permits. We're trying to catch up lost time this issue caused us.
However, we wanted to already thank you for your effort, especially if you hate communicating.
" a few days "

then a week passes

still nothing

lol

pathelogical liars

actions always speak louder then words and there actions are atrocious as in the lack of them matching there words

what a JOKE!
Dont worry Pat, they where forced to communicate due to not knowing their own company was in Liquidation now everything is forgiven!
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

Reply #396

We'll power through and aim for the patch to be before the end of the month.

@Ub3rgames
5 days left to restore confidence
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #397
Brace yourself for the "dealing with creditors" card.  If it takes then a full man day to write a forum post, then this could tie them up until 2019!

3 months 11 days since last patch...
  • Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:09:35 pm by Rimamok

Reply #398
Game is perfect as is. Thats why they haven't patched in 1/4th of a year.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #399
Brace yourself for the "dealing with creditors" card.  If it takes then a full man day to write a forum post, then this could tie them up until 2019!

3 months 11 days since last patch...
Pump the brakes there man. You're getting into the Internet tough guy you sorely despise
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #400
Facts rather than name calling, my good man.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #401
Facts rather than name calling, my good man.
Ah yes, I keep forgetting how high the sensitivity meter has grown via the Internet. Apparently typing in semantics has far more meaning as they don't offend anyone other than the devs but who cares, right?
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #402
There's a sizeable difference between calling someone an asslicking cuck or whatever 12-year old taunt you favor, and expressing an opinion that has nothing to do with trying to "make them feel bad".    I genuinely believe they may actually milk this excuse until year-end.  I sure hope not, but I could see it happening.

But as much as I'd love to continue this charming conversation, I've got a date with your mom to get to.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #403
There's a sizeable difference between calling someone an asslicking cuck or whatever 12-year old taunt you favor, and expressing an opinion that has nothing to do with trying to "make them feel bad".    I genuinely believe they may actually milk this excuse until year-end.  I sure hope not, but I could see it happening.

But as much as I'd love to continue this charming conversation, I've got a date with your mom to get to.
Interesting take. When you get a chance, I'd like to get a quote of me using that context. When you're done with my mom of course...
...take your time. I'll even let you use the "creditors" excuse until the end of the year for you to find the quote. Until then, keep the hypocracy flowing

Reply #404
4 days left
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.