Skip to main content

Topic: Ub3rgames - Status (Read 10247 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ub3rgames - Status
Reply #360
Ok lets talk about sub? What they should charge us for this game? IF they will start charging too much, i bet alot of people not even going to bother to do it at this state of the game.
If 3.0 builds player confidence in ub3r, plenty will sub. Not everyone ofc.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #361
Ok lets talk about sub? What they should charge us for this game? IF they will start charging too much, i bet alot of people not even going to bother to do it at this state of the game.
If 3.0 builds player confidence in ub3r, plenty will sub. Not everyone ofc.
Pretty much, they have to release something substantial for how quiet they have been and choosing this drama to come out the woodwork aka not by choice, if its just some bind stone quests then i don't see myself bothering.
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

Reply #362
If Bindstone quests would have been some easy to code change then it would have made sense but putting so much energy into something that really adds nothing (its just giving bonus med to farming the same old mobs) makes no sense at this point.

Their priorities now need to be warfronts and watch towers those are the content people want and the game needs.

Reply #363
If Bindstone quests would have been some easy to code change then it would have made sense but putting so much energy into something that really adds nothing (its just giving bonus med to farming the same old mobs) makes no sense at this point.

Their priorities now need to be warfronts and watch towers those are the content people want and the game needs.
I disagree. Bindstone quest are a very important step. They realized that they localized game heavily and introduced no local content. They are trying to do something about it. I'm glad they realized that. I guess a lot depends on how will bindstone quests work. In other words - how much content (if any) and of what type will bindstone quests introduce.

Will they be dynamic story building quests or static repeatable? Will they differ dependent on your location and race or not? Will they build storylines including other holdings owned by you? What type of rewards? Personal? Or maybe clan/holding related? Etc.. They might be great. Or a fail. We will see. But at least they noticed that we desperately need local content.
  • Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:06:05 pm by wildNothing

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #364
I'll join the theorycraft session.

So I think bindstone quests will work similar to a questchain with no story line but more just "kill 100 kobolds" then once you complete that it will open up the "kill 100 night iklits" etc. nothing too special but it would be nice to see them add achievements to the game where if you unlocked and completed every possible bindstone quest in the game, you're a pve champ
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #365
From what Ub3r disclosed, my impression about bindstone quests was:
* at the time of taking quest, it randomly selects the target mob (from the list of mobs within 2-3-4 km of that bindstone)
* you only need to kill a few, based on their difficulty (ie 2-3 evil eye or 20 kobolds or 4-5 fire eles, etc)
* reward is gold & medi; nothing else
* as soon as you turn in, you can take a new one, and it once again randomly selects a target mob

Of course, I could be wildly off
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #366
Finally, wilderness chaos stones with no bank may actually serve a purpose!

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #367
* at the time of taking quest, it randomly selects the target mob (from the list of mobs within 2-3-4 km of that bindstone)
* you only need to kill a few, based on their difficulty (ie 2-3 evil eye or 20 kobolds or 4-5 fire eles, etc)
* as soon as you turn in, you can take a new one, and it once again randomly selects a target mob

Oh. I hope it's not that shallow
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #368

Its more likely to be exactly this except it will pick a mob anywhere on the map and be that specific spawn so you have to waste hours riding to and from.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #369
Wow this puts things in perspective made me smile for once reading this forum:D

Could someone correct me if I'm wrong in my (forum) interpretation of the bind stone quest:
1: A lot of people waiting for bindstone quests, could be a tipping point to make people play more or bring back some that quit.
2: The quest seems to be interpreted as a major improvement in world content.
3: Bindstone quests seem by quite a lot of people something mysterious, very little info.
4: Other people have some anecdotal evidence saying that they will be "Kill X amount of Y-Mobs close to the bind stone, repeat".
5: This is supposed to be a huge game changer and a big update.
6: An update like this takes a long time to plan, code and fully implement.

Is this the general idea of the bindstone quest? Well I'm not really smiling anymore. If above is true, something horribly horribly wrong has happened here. I don't even have words for this shit, and that is a rare one for me.

Reply #370

I definitely hope I'm under a wrong impression and it ends up (much) better than that.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #371
Wow this puts things in perspective made me smile for once reading this forum:D

Could someone correct me if I'm wrong in my (forum) interpretation of the bind stone quest:
1: A lot of people waiting for bindstone quests, could be a tipping point to make people play more or bring back some that quit.
2: The quest seems to be interpreted as a major improvement in world content.
3: Bindstone quests seem by quite a lot of people something mysterious, very little info.
4: Other people have some anecdotal evidence saying that they will be "Kill X amount of Y-Mobs close to the bind stone, repeat".
5: This is supposed to be a huge game changer and a big update.
6: An update like this takes a long time to plan, code and fully implement.

Is this the general idea of the bindstone quest? Well I'm not really smiling anymore. If above is true, something horribly horribly wrong has happened here. I don't even have words for this shit, and that is a rare one for me.

What idiot even thought this dumb shit should be priority for 4 months over actual needed stuff?

Reply #372
I guess it will, at least at first, be a kill quest thing with different difficulty options.

I don't know, it is probably not a game changer for most current players. But i know it would give me an inventive to "go out". Just yesterday i logged off relatively early because no villages up, my quest hub was too far, and i couldn't be arsed figuring out what to hit. Having a quick quest to do would have kept me logged on.

But mostly Über wants to fix the newer players not knowing what to do after finishing a quest line. I guess for that it would work somewhat? But it would mean better stuff than killquests, because these are not always the most attractive.

Reply #373
I know people living on islands (ie Jungle Kingdom) are looking forward to bindstone quests, so they can get meditation  from PvE.

Definitely not sure it was good to prioritize such "content", but maybe it proves to be nice...

Reply #374
The bindstone quests are aimed to new players retention through providing help to structurate their own game content.

I would not have too high expectation on the storytelling side of this feature as it would require a huge work to provide something more elaborated.