Skip to main content

Topic: Ub3rgames - Status (Read 7223 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ub3rgames - Status
Reply #270
Il buy the 50 Euros subscription pack as soon as I ll  get home.

Reply #271
Those are real numbers?
For a game that was consider dead?

Yes. Atleast for start. I cant proof it directly, but i have counted players in first week (clan rosters) on both servers. And same info AV posted on UW forums 1y before closing. Ofc, after axilmar showed with his Ultra GUI and Ideas it drop greatly... (And, ofc, this numbers WITH ALTS, not real uniq players)

lmao of course UW had a lot (if you can call 4k that) of subs at the start.. DFO had a huge following initially and people thought UW would be the improvement the game needed after being AV'd for 3 years.

the last year it was down to 6v3 server sieges.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #272
Sorry for not openly embracing this post, it feels dishonest coming after months of radar silence.

I speak not only for myself if I say that you damaged a lot of trust you had with the remaining player base.

Either way I wish Ub3rgames the best in solving this. I know I'm still playing this weekend as if the game shuts down after it.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #273
Sorry for not openly embracing this post, it feels dishonest coming after months of radar silence.

I speak not only for myself if I say that you damaged a lot of trust you had with the remaining player base.

Either way I wish Ub3rgames the best in solving this. I know I'm still playing this weekend as if the game shuts down after it.

Agreed anyone donation money at this point is basically throwing it away. Wait until the appeals finish first to see if it's even possible.

Reply #274
To clarify once again:
We were aware of the debt and in touch with collectors about it.
To our awareness, the situation was under control. We would have had additional late fees, and they could eventually come to this.
While not entirely innocent in the matter, we expected to at least have a heads-up.

As we said, we had an almost friendly call with the collectors earlier this week and even had good news for them.
They were happy to discuss an over time payment of the debt. This is why this is all so weird to us.

One point we forgot to address in the previous post is the payment platform.
We either have a badly timed technical issue on it, unlikely, or the issues on it are linked to this case.
We shut it down but left PayPal up, as it covers customers well in case things do turn sour sooner rather than later.

Before making any push, be it marketing wise or with the community, we want to know more about the situation.
The last thing we want is to worsen things by panicking. We'll operate as planned for now, and remain conservative.
Either way, paid race changes are planned for the next patch. We can even move it up by having Marc sleep less and do it manually. :p

Note though that one way to make a good appeal case is to get a decently sized influx of funds after/during the court order.
The option is considered, we just do not want to do it inconsiderately. Refrain from donating unless ready to accept eventual consequences.

For investors, we have been in touch with potential leads and brokers.
The plan was/is to raise what was needed to do a graphics overhaul, cover other debts/expenses and top it off with a marketing campaign.
With how launch went and with the last few months, we had a pretty good case.

This might complicate things, or some may see it an opportunity to get a better deal out of us due to our situation.
Too soon to tell.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #275
To clarify once again:
To our awareness, the situation was under control. We would have had additional late fees, and they could eventually come to this.
While not entirely innocent in the matter, we expected to at least have a heads-up.

As we said, we had an almost friendly call with the collectors earlier this week and even had good news for them.
They were happy to discuss an over time payment of the debt. This is why this is all so weird to us.

We either have a badly timed technical issue on it, unlikely, or the issues on it are linked to this case.
We shut it down but left PayPal up, as it covers customers well in case things do turn sour sooner rather than later.

Before making any push, be it marketing wise or with the community, we want to know more about the situation.
The last thing we want is to worsen things by panicking. We'll operate as planned for now, and remain conservative.
Either way, paid race changes are planned for the next patch. We can even move it up by having Marc sleep less and do it manually. :p

Note though that one way to make a good appeal case is to get a decently sized influx of funds after/during the court order.
The option is considered, we just do not want to do it inconsiderately. Refrain from donating unless ready to accept eventual consequences.

The plan was/is to raise what was needed to do a graphics overhaul, cover other debts/expenses and top it off with a marketing campaign.

This might complicate things, or some may see it an opportunity to get a better deal out of us due to our situation.
Too soon to tell.

Well that sounds like a good plan tbh.

Regarding payment system, there are ecommerce plugins you could use perhaps? I know of a few services I could recommend.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #276
Never stopped to play since launch, log-in everyday, so when i learn about this i was a bit confused, but now i feel better since seems everything can be managed. Gj Ub3r.

Looking for the next patch.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #277
Well you dug yourself a hole with this (business wise), to the point where even the community might not be able to bail you out. The damages coming from this will cost you a lot, but I guess you understand it yourselves. Good luck.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #278
@Ub3rgames
Right now, actions speak louder than words. Don't delay on the patch.

After that, words are nearly just as important. Stop letting the angry mob form. Keep the community sedated with communication.

Thank you for the transparency in the situation.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #279
To clarify once again:

Too soon to tell.

Why in the world did you not charge subscription fees when they came due?  The game has been free to play for months now and that revenue would have been more than enough to pay off this debt.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #280
To clarify once again:

Too soon to tell.

Why in the world did you not charge subscription fees when they came due?  The game has been free to play for months now and that revenue would have been more than enough to pay off this debt.
Other than skewing the numbers of active customers when looking for financing/investment, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #281
I am not even surprised that this could go down without you being properly informed. An URSSAF bill is a dangerous game though. I hope there will be a positive outcome. Best of luck.

Reply #282
We tend to always think long-term, and what has the better chances to make the game go big in the end.

We had a good launch, solid retention afterwards and multiple hundreds new users per months.
We also knew by experience during InDev that the game had a natural tendency to grow after its initial drop-off.
That period started in June for Live. We stabilized and have had more and more concurrent users since.

So the plan was to give the final blow pretty soon by capitalizing on the Bindstone Quests and promote the game again.
Those who spoke to Marc early this week know how good we were feeling lately.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #283
But how is your finances? Can you pay your debts without problems?
  • Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:11:16 pm by fitteslim
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #284
My 2 cents, make it like EVE, reveal numbers of players/online players .

Keep up the good work