Skip to main content

Topic: Ub3rgames - Status (Read 15285 times) previous topic - next topic

Ub3rgames - Status
https://www.societe.com/societe/ub3rgames-814368437.html#jugement

Further down there's a case dated 05.09.18, something related to "judicial liquidation"? - in other terms, the dissolution of the company?

The name of a Ms. Sophie TCHERNIAVSKY comes up in the description, what is her role in all of this?

"Société en cours de liquidation" - Company in liquidation.

:(

Re: Ub3rgames - Status
Reply #1
Hahahahaha. Ran it real quick through a page translator. 1 to 2 employees.

Presentation of the company UB3RGAMES

UB3RGAMES , a limited liability company has been active for 2 years.
Established at LE KREMLIN BICETRE (94270), it specializes in the business of publishing electronic games. Its workforce is between 1 and 2 employees.

Societe.com has 1 active establishment and the last most important event of this company is from 28-10-2015.

Marc THOMPSON , is manager of the company UB3RGAMES.

Company in liquidation.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Well that's interessting for sure. Looks like they are going under.
The name of a Ms. Sophie TCHERNIAVSKY comes up in the description, what is her role in all of this?
Her role is a Liquidator. So most likely a government employee handling the juridical liquidation case.

RIP I guess?
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:51:04 am by mrW

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Laters darkfall. Wish I had time to play for one last bang
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #4
Oh shit, that it would be nice if they addressed I guess. :)
I thought such information would be on government sites, not some commercial one? Well, as I said, would be nice if addressed. If not, whatever. I'm playing anyways.
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:41:45 am by wildNothing

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Well they are online now, so lets hope for an update today? There's a small chance this is part of something bigger, considering one of their last updates of wanting to go out of garage state.
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:17:57 am by mrW

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #6
Not gonna chicken little about this (yet)

-SG of Ub3rgames Team
85% /s

Reply #7
Their phone number is there.  Somebody call it  :(

Reply #8
Its not told about anything, actualy. Perhaps they will be redeemed by another company, or anything like that.

If you look at they last posts, you will see that they have too many specific details and plans. This contradicts the theory that they just want to leave the server on until the payment for hosting is over. If I had surrendered, I would not have invented so many details about future plans for the game. At the moment it looks like they decided to make a jerk, but they did not calculate their strength a little. I have re-read their last posts several times, it does not look like doing a good face in a bad game.

Dolly Monk, devil lawyer
Dolly Monk

Reply #9
I am french.

I have no idea how official the site is, or how well informed it can be. It doesn't look like a government site. But it does have the proper information that you can usually find about companies.

So IF THE WEBSITE IS ACCURATE:

What the website says is "Liquidation judiciaire", decided on 05.09.18 (fifth of Sept. for all you heathens).

And what this basically means is that the company was not - and hasn't been for some time - able to pay its dues, be it providers, salary, etc. One of the parties involved (the company itself, providers, trade court...) can start a procedure. The court then decides on how to process. Apparently the decision has been made to undergo the "liquidation judiciaire" process, which is selling whatever is possible to repay debt, and will result in the closing of a company. As far as I know (not a pro in this area), you cannot use this procedure to "dodge" your debts and restart somewhere else under a new name.

In short:
1. Expenses > Income
2. too long too much for a solution to be forseeable
3. court steps in
4. decides to sell assets to cover the debt as much as possible
5. company closes.

Quick edit - the "liquidateur" is the person in charge of the "liquidation". So someone who will check assets, get an estimation and try to get as much money as possible. Usually a government employee or an external contractor of the court. Fun fact: you can find a lot of assets obtain from this process being auctioned by authorities (not talking about this case, just in general).
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:56:23 am by Asdrael

Reply #10
In short:
1. Expenses > Income
3. court steps in
5. company closes.
As I understand it, the company (with source code of Darkfall ND) can be bought by someone?
Dolly Monk

Reply #11
If it were physical assests you could buy those (for example: the physical server). I have zero clue how it works with intellectual properties and licensed activities, which is what this DF version would be. I'm not in the field so I won't make assumptions or talk out of my ass, what I said is just general knowledge for french people on how the private sector runs in France.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
In short:
1. Expenses > Income
3. court steps in
5. company closes.
As I understand it, the company (with source code of Darkfall ND) can be bought by someone?
Well the company being bought out wouldn't require liquidation. One could say they could be liquidating because everything would be transfered under a new company that bought them out, but I would highly doubt that current DF license singed with AV allowed license transfers of any sort or kind. Still, that might be theoretically possible, but  even if that would be I would say that is very low chance.

Reply #13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wzic15m7YQ

Reply #14
What mrW refers to is "fusion/acquisition". Filling for bankruptcy before would be tax evasion. Purely shutting down a company is a third process which requires some other documents.