Skip to main content

Topic: Transmuted bows (Read 275 times) previous topic - next topic

Transmuted bows
Hello everybody,

I was thinking of using transmuted bows for pve, and I have a few questions:

1) When a bow get transmuted it regains all its original durability?
2) is it worth to use high rank bows and q4/5 mats for the transmutation?
3) can I mix q3 q4 (for example) mats like in normal enchants?
4) whats a good cost vs benefits setup? Is a transmuted r40 with q3 mats any good?

Tnx for your help

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Transmuted bows
Reply #1
1. Nope, just part of it.
2. For pve? Nope. You'll profit more just selling the mats and using cheap q2-ish.
3. Yeah
4. Again - for pve I wouldn't aim for top enchanting results but for the cheapest ones.

Reply #2
- R40 + Q2-3 Keen + Q2-3 Transmute works well, best are mobs that do not have high piercing resistance but are vulnerable to some element, this way your average dps will increase quite a lot.
- You can consider transmutations that are above 0.60 good ones and useable in pvp against robes, need higher against bone or leather, useless to use transmute bows against heavy.
- Keen first, transmute after, because you will not be able to keen after transmutation.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #3
General advice I'd give you is:
enchant a bow for normal usage, and once it's low-dura transmute it. In a way - recycle your already used enchants ;)

Transmute "regains" part of durability (it's more complicated than that, but if you do it on low dura item, you can expect ~50-60 dura on the transmute).
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
Also, using an elemental weakness debuff can be good against MOBs that aren't immune.  The elemental debuff durations were buffed to be longer that the duration of piercing debuffs.

• memes
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #5
Also, using an elemental weakness debuff can be good against MOBs that aren't immune.  The elemental debuff durations were buffed to be longer that the duration of piercing debuffs.

Fuck yeah mage buffs

Reply #6
Rend applies a (weak) piercing debuff, but it lasts quite a while (up to a minute for lvl 100 Rend). On top of that, the spell itself does some damage.
So if you're farming something that's not immune to bleeds, it can be worth shooting it from time to time.

Of course, now that Rend is Infliction's R50, not everyone has access to it.
If you're a melee/archer player, I wouldn't advise grinding Infliction just to get Rend.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Wait melee/archer players still have to grind magic?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
It's nice to have some spells (leeches for example) but it definitely isn't a must.

Reply #9
Agreed, I was a very advanced mage before I switched to melee-archer, and I barely use my spells.

• memes
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10
Wait melee/archer players still have to grind magic?

Nah, a dmgresist debuff might be good for melee pve though, in PvP its not worth it to try to land a 5-8 resist debuff instead of shooting an arrow for 30-50 dmg unless your party has multiple archers and u get a back hit with good magnitude or something but barely even then

About 75 int and 75 archmage passive does give u a little boost for transfers and other spells like Begone though but can live with less