Skip to main content

Topic: I believe the physical playstyle is at a disadvantage (Read 797 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: dead game
Reply #15
Melee/archery is still very strong. For mage to even use melee in semi efficient way he has to sacrifise magic dps. And then it's not a mage anymore, but a hybrid (worse at physical damage than pure physical builds and worse at magic than pure magic builds). Nothing stops you from having same mobility as a mage if you are melee/archery. You just need to sacrifise physical dps for it. Just like mage is sacrifising mage dps to gain melee abilities.

You guys are retarded. How long will you cry about magefall with the rest of people that are not able to figure out such basics? There is literally nothing stopping you from becoming a melee pusher with full mobility setup. Another hysteria.
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:24:58 pm by wildNothing

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
There is literally nothing stopping you from becoming a melee pusher with full mobility setup.

Loss of resistances, a mage his wet dream is a melee pusher in leather gear...
Now imagine a half metal half bone, its like a wet noodle...(not to mention you'd still need unburden, but...casting that has become normal for heavy players but before burden duration got nerfed mages complained that there was no counter to it.
Ah, the glories of not considering all aspects of a fight before you comment).

As for "the bone guy pushing melee lacks resistances too".
They arent trying to push into melee, they can just stand their ground once you arrive at them on <80% health.
At least long enough for your deep dive into their lines to royally fuck you with multiple wofs.
Which means you are floating around in the air and your only hope is a friendly pull before an enemy one as you hold your shield out praying that none of them think to disable you or use AoE dmg because they care about the friendly(s) also caught in the wof)

Watching the siege vid from quarendell, you can clearly see the heavies dont go in untill a full push is called. They know that if they move up a little its come hither > wof > come hither > death by zap tower as you got no way to get back to your own lines. They stand there shooting arrows at a group of people hoping it lands, at some point there's even the advice to not bother firing at all...it accomplishes nothing.

Now when that full push is orderd, and they get warded and healed, and they close the gap...sure they kill people quick.
But you see how one side of this has the initiative, has plenty of room to fail a wof...5 wofs...20 come hithers...
All it takes is the one, and you lose your gear bag.
But on the flip side, if you push in and dont get healed...you run out of health half way to their group and need to hope they dont pull you in deeper. If you dont get warded, their heavies will stop you dead in your tracks, and if you dont get to close the gap...all you did was roll the dice with 1 good outcome, 1 neutral and 4 negative ones...You really shouldnt be gambling with those odds.

Reply #17
There is literally nothing stopping you from becoming a melee pusher with full mobility setup.

Now imagine a half metal half bone, its like a wet noodle...(not to mention you'd still need unburden, but...casting that has become normal for heavy players but before burden duration got nerfed mages complained that there was no counter to it.

They arent trying to push into melee, they can just stand their ground once you arrive at them on <80% health.
At least long enough for your deep dive into their lines to royally fuck you with multiple wofs.
Which means you are floating around in the air and your only hope is a friendly pull before an enemy one as you hold your shield out praying that none of them think to disable you or use AoE dmg because they care about the friendly(s) also caught in the wof)

Watching the siege vid from quarendell, you can clearly see the heavies dont go in untill a full push is called. They know that if they move up a little its come hither > wof > come hither > death by zap tower as you got no way to get back to your own lines. They stand there shooting arrows at a group of people hoping it lands, at some point there's even the advice to not bother firing at all...it accomplishes nothing.

Now when that full push is orderd, and they get warded and healed, and they close the gap...sure they kill people quick.
But you see how one side of this has the initiative, has plenty of room to fail a wof...5 wofs...20 come hithers...
But on the flip side, if you push in and dont get healed...you run out of health half way to their group and need to hope they dont pull you in deeper. If you dont get warded, their heavies will stop you dead in your tracks, and if you dont get to close the gap...all you did was roll the dice with 1 good outcome, 1 neutral and 4 negative ones...You really shouldnt be gambling with those odds.
when you learn to present a point (if you have any) in few lines I will gladly discuss anything on these boards with you. I'm not gonna read a wall of text from some narcisist on game forum that thinks everyone craves to read another of  his short novels every time he posts.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Bone armor low resist.
Melee push need resist.
He cannot mix.

Bone guy not melee push, only survive a little while friends kill melee push.

Easy enough for you?

Reply #19
If you cant be asked to read a well written response maybe not post at all?

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Its fine Nalle, he's welcome to try and spin shit to make it look like im wrong.
But at the end of the day, no matter what is written on these forums by 1000 word essays, the video's from sieges speak for themselves and have always reflected the ingame situation better than anybody can write down.

I know im not right all the time, that much is clear. But i also know that what is shown comes close to what i try to explain.
Though obviously i do exaggerate to make a point stand out more.
Im sure there are players that do get into an enemy group in a sneaky fashion to disrupt a backline and get away with it.
Especially in villages, which tend to be more chaotic...

There is no one way to explain combat, but there are trends...

Reply #21
Bone armor low resist.
Melee push need resist.
He cannot mix.

Easy enough for you?
Yeah, easy enough to see how stupid your examples are. As you compared malee to a mage with friends. No point discussing such stupid arguments.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Its hard to make a good arguement in 15 words or less, but you dont read more so i guess that does end this discussion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:39:33 pm by Nuyur

• memes
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #23
Bone armor low resist.
Melee push need resist.
He cannot mix.

Easy enough for you?

bone has same resists as leather

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Bone armor low resist.
Melee push need resist.
He cannot mix.

Easy enough for you?

bone has same resists as leather
In physical or magic protections because that's a huge dictation of playstyles.

I just don't see why they can't return back protection to heavy armor and see what happens. I remember you could do a full retreat with your back towards the enemy and you'd just laugh the damage off with your shield out.

Sure you still won't have mobility but at least you can be an actual tank. A full heavy with back protection will also be pretty nasty when he's stickybacking someone as you couldn't peel them because of it.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Cam
  • [*]
Reply #25
oh forumfall, never change.

Reply #26

when you learn to present a point (if you have any) in few lines I will gladly discuss anything on these boards with you. I'm not gonna read a wall of text from some narcisist on game forum that thinks everyone craves to read another of  his short novels every time he posts.

You couldnt manage a sensible discussion if your life depended on it. Then again retards rarely realise theyre retarded...its just normal to them.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Re: I believe the physical playstyle is at a disadvantage
Reply #27
I only came back a couple days ago, but from what I can tell there is 2 main issues for heavy players, 1 they don't do enough range damage which makes closing the gap fairly difficult, this wouldn't be much of a problem if it wasn't for number 2 which is basically 2 extremes, heavies have basically no movement spells and mage has loads, it makes it very difficult for a heavy to chase down a mage that is fleeing, I mean you can just mount up and run from a heavy and its unlikely that he will be able to dps down your mount.

I see 2 ways of fixing this that would help a lot, I think picking either one of these would be fine, both might be a bit over kill.
1 make it so if you get hit with a begon that is not your own you get a featherfall buff on you, which makes it so you take no fall damage for 1 instance, this would prevent the crazy fall damage a begon can give you.
2 make it so the begone has the same effect no matter encum or mag.

Reply #28
Isn't it a known fact everyone at Ub3rgames is an Air/Arcane dorf mage?  /s
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
I only came back a couple days ago, but from what I can tell there is 2 main issues for heavy players, 1 they don't do enough range damage which makes closing the gap fairly difficult, this wouldn't be much of a problem if it wasn't for number 2 which is basically 2 extremes, heavies have basically no movement spells and mage has loads, it makes it very difficult for a heavy to chase down a mage that is fleeing, I mean you can just mount up and run from a heavy and its unlikely that he will be able to dps down your mount.

I see 2 ways of fixing this that would help a lot, I think picking either one of these would be fine, both might be a bit over kill.
1 make it so if you get hit with a begon that is not your own you get a featherfall buff on you, which makes it so you take no fall damage for 1 instance, this would prevent the crazy fall damage a begon can give you.
2 make it so the begone has the same effect no matter encum or mag.
If you have a good memory, think back at how the game was before they implemented the "encumbrance affecting secondary effects" patch. Heavies actually were more balanced vs now and that's with mages having access to every damn spell in the game. Shit I remember seeing hybrids being able to wear full leather with infernal helm/boots/gloves and still do good damage with their spells while doing good melee. Sure it was magefall back then but not as bad since heavies had more mobility than now
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)