Skip to main content

Topic: Fun seige  (Read 700 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Fun seige
Reply #15
Havent we got enough Wof cry threads without bringing it here too.

@wildNothing We lost to Horde, you dont see it in blazes vid, as he didnt record the whole siege as it was a couple of hours of fighting but Simiran + allies started hard pushing us with a solid force everytime we went for the horde.
Scroachers kind of making sieging a hamlet impossible, city drop next.

Reply #16
Hahaha, that is what you get for crying Horde in the Rats. We stayed away this time, (the main force at least, there were some who couldn't resist) so there was noone to kill the roames :P (We consider everyone clan outside of Horde and Ymir roamers)

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #17
Hahaha, that is what you get for crying Horde in the Rats. We stayed away this time, (the main force at least, there were some who couldn't resist) so there was noone to kill the roames :P (We consider everyone clan outside of Horde and Ymir roamers)

Hamlet stones are just a pain in the dick to defend with such low hit points, and this is basically EU one where people are pvp starved so a siege becomes a server event. Fun fights yesterday though.

Edit- You act like I care if rats scroach, I dont. But scroaching isnt what has been happening lately. Last video when you were truly scroaching trying to loot, no issues. WHen you push our scout off the stone trying to kill him, ya I have a slight problem with it. But it is what it is and Karma is a bitch boys.
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 01:22:17 pm by Kalliades

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
So a few personal notes on the siege.

• Fuck baseline Confusion, whoever thought that PERMA-BLINDS in sieges was a good idea does not understand the combat in a Darkfall game. If you think having the screen white out constantly in a video (AKA game promotion) is bad, then try imagining what it is like to fight under those conditions.
  • Fuck BLUES ATTACKING SIEGE FORCES ON SIEGE STONES, whoever thought that should be okay does not understand the combat in a Darkfall game, and certainly neither the fact that getting RED in New Dawn equals an automated clan kick during a siege.
  • Fuck paper-health small hamlet Siege Stones, and bring back double Siege Stones for hamlets to discourage lame-arse naked spiking. A SINGLE HEAVY SPIKE DEALS ~0.5% DAMAGE TO A SMALL SIEGE STONE. This also encourages other unwanted behavior I'll not speak of openly. To counterbalance, I'd more than happily see the standard 20k hamlet siege wager be raised to 100k (WAGER, not gold sink).
  • Fuck Kantor/Blaze's shitty SSD for only recording a portion of the fight and missing the most difficult later stage of the siege where the nutcupping intensified.  :(

• Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:22:00 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

Reply #19
Not much difference between baseline or level confusion, most people are high level already, and only mages or ppl with low encum drop it.

You can kill blues without loosing alignment if the siege is close to being live and they are in the area, the problem is you can't loot them. So, horde could just roll a blue naked alt, run in with spikes, die, reloot himself next try and spike again. Not to efficient, but considering their number of nakeds and current hamlet siege stone hp, could be a winning strategy.
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:44:31 pm by Eilistraee
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #20
Not much difference between baseline or level confusion, most people are high level already, and only mages or ppl with low encum drop it.

You can kill blues without loosing alignment if the siege is close to being live and they are in the area, the problem is you can't loot them. So, horde could just roll a blue naked alt, run in with spikes, die, reloot himself next try and spike again. Not to efficient, but considering their number of nakeds and current hamlet siege stone hp, could be a winning strategy.

Yea I wish it would show blues as rogue though, confuses people who have returned to the game etc.

Reply #21
Hey Blaze! Good to see you back :D Good siege, you guys fought amazingly well. Massive respect!

Thanks buddy

Reply #22
Yeah but you are blind every 10 secs and large fights are boring : its a fight of WoF, come hither, begone and confusion
And why everyone are arcane air spec if its only a tool

Thats is correct but sadly every thread as come to WOF complaint and frankly it wont achieve anything. Even if the community was to do a 180 and start having smart conversation about the game Uber is MIA for now.

So i say lets enjoy what we have and stay positive :)
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 03:30:50 pm by Bloodtest

Reply #23
@Ub3rgames perma grey ARAC ally - when?
Not gonna happen anytime soon. Strap in boy
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #24
Lookd like a fun siege, was a bit confusing when it looked like Simiran where in the middle of Ymirs fist fighting :P Also, nice fights with the hordes (He!) of naked Horde after the siege was over, damn they degeared quickly.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Lookd like a fun siege, was a bit confusing when it looked like Simiran where in the middle of Ymirs fist fighting :P Also, nice fights with the hordes (He!) of naked Horde after the siege was over, damn they degeared quickly.
No such thing as unbiased roamers anymore, you just have to assume everyone is going to target you or else you will be painfully surprised by the outcome.

It is this roaming mentality that causes the death of independent clans. You cannot have a siege anymore without putting countermeasures in place.
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:01:42 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

Reply #26
    • Fuck Kantor/Blaze's shitty SSD for only recording a portion of the fight and missing the most difficult later stage of the siege where the nutcupping intensified.  :(

I wasn't expect to fight none stop for over an hour, was a ton of fun sadly only got 30mins of it recorded before running out of room :(
    [/list]
    • Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:26:12 pm by Blaze Chrimsonblood

Reply #27
    Hey Blaze! Good to see you back :D Good siege, you guys fought amazingly well. Massive respect!

Thanks :) I try to play as much as I can, my character is no where near where I want it to be, only have fire to 100 :( not much time to play can really only log in for sieges.