Skip to main content

Topic: deep sea fishing (Read 514 times) previous topic - next topic

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: deep sea fishing
Reply #15
If you're in ocean tiles, far away enough, you should catch more valuable fish that make better food.  This could be done easily, as some currently fishable things are deep sea fish anyway, like swordfish.  Remove those from river and lake tiles and buff their cooked versions.

1. send all ur alts to travel into corner of map

2. get resources for no risk or effort

3. pray that altfall will never be fixed
Can you actually plan development that can't be exploited by alts?  Besides, according to the stats from ub3r, alts aren't a big deal.  Also, if someone wants to spend the money for additional accounts, more power to them.  It's a full loot game.  If you have such a big beef with alts, go kill them.

fuck off altfaller

"JUST SPEND 10 HOURS SEARCHING AROUND TEH MAP FOR ALTS IN CORNER OF MAP TO GET 1% OF THE LOOT THEY GET EVERY DAY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL"

kys faggot

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
If you're in ocean tiles, far away enough, you should catch more valuable fish that make better food.  This could be done easily, as some currently fishable things are deep sea fish anyway, like swordfish.  Remove those from river and lake tiles and buff their cooked versions.

Can you actually plan development that can't be exploited by alts?  Besides, according to the stats from ub3r, alts aren't a big deal.  Also, if someone wants to spend the money for additional accounts, more power to them.  It's a full loot game.  If you have such a big beef with alts, go kill them.
You can't really plan development against alts but stop kidding yourself saying they make up a small amount of the population.

First step in curbing alts would've been to have spawn scaling that dropped in level once an alt was no longer engaged.

Second. Not allow a character to log out of the game world overweight or extend log out timer by 10 mins of so.

Third. Have every market connected with distance based tariffs per item so losers playing every race market with alts and others wouldn't feel as compelled to make alt crafters

Fourth. Revert city nodes. It's safe to say the mechanic Uber thought would make things "fair" has only given the guys with 10+ accounts an unfair advantage especially when the server is low pop.

If all the above wasn't true and alts in fact had very little to no impact on the server as these "yes men" preach, then Ub3r would've never capped village rewards at 15. Use some common sense to let that one sink in
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #17

You can't really plan development against alts but stop kidding yourself saying they make up a small amount of the population.

First step in curbing alts would've been to have spawn scaling that dropped in level once an alt was no longer engaged.
Don't take my word for it.  Ub3r said it and they have access to the game's stats.
Second, spawn scaling should be based on how quickly you kill the mob.

Reply #18

fuck off altfaller

"JUST SPEND 10 HOURS SEARCHING AROUND TEH MAP FOR ALTS IN CORNER OF MAP TO GET 1% OF THE LOOT THEY GET EVERY DAY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL"

kys faggot
Wah, someone does better at a video game than I do.  If you're so butt hurt, buy an alt yourself, otherwise just shut the fuck up.

Reply #19
I don't use alts btw.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20

Don't take my word for it.  Ub3r said it and they have access to the game's stats.
Lmfao. Like Uber is gonna come out and admit the real number of alts. You do realize they could just come up with their own definition of what they consider to be an alt and then use that for their statistic right?

I bet you they think every dude that quit and gave his account to someone is still a live person playing the game. I agree with you on how they could've done spawn scaling and I gotta applaud your suggestion to memes to just buy alts like everyone else because the game was designed to be multiboxed for optimal gameplay and satisfaction. If it wasn't the case then you would take uber's "not many alts" excuse with a grain of salt; especially after they nerfed village rewards.
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #21

Lmfao. Like Uber is gonna come out and admit the real number of alts.
I guess that's where we differ.  Ub3r isn't the lying type.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
@Nuyur @inkarnation I can't be asked to disprove this statement but I must admit, it's sig worthy

Reply #23
@Nuyur @inkarnation I can't be asked to disprove this statement but I must admit, it's sig worthy
Can you give me one example?

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Can you give me one example?
I'm not on the camp saying they are lying, but one thing comes to mind during indev which can be considered as such: "we are ahead of the roadmap".

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
How about...

Reply #56 - May 18, 2016, 02:09:19 pm
And of course, balancing will be required, and this is why we need combat related changes to come in as early as possible.
But it is a Darkfall player trauma to assume that one thing has to be better when there are games out there manage to have more nuanced balancing with multiple viable solutions with situational advantages.

As early as possible meant...title system like a month before indev ended...with 0 balancing done during that time...
A multitude of schools not finished, still not finished spells and...does anybody even believe there was any work to getting balancing done.

Now ofcourse, there's more things where they wanted something to happen, and it turned out differently.
But hindsight is always 20/20, so ill drop all the things i predicted because i may have been wrong just as often.

And yes, this was just the first thing that popped into mind..

*edit
They also admitted they werent trying to balance the game towards end of indev anymore because different clans were giving opposing feedback, all with factual inaccuracies. Which means they let go of that entire point, which is what is currently hurting the meta so much...They buff wof, mass swap, they nerf wof, mass swap...
Shits retarded and should have been done during indev like they promised.
Instead...ye
  • Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:58:26 pm by Nuyur

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Bandages were just too much to ask. 

Reply #27
How about...

Reply #56 - May 18, 2016, 02:09:19 pm
And of course, balancing will be required, and this is why we need combat related changes to come in as early as possible.
But it is a Darkfall player trauma to assume that one thing has to be better when there are games out there manage to have more nuanced balancing with multiple viable solutions with situational advantages.

As early as possible meant...title system like a month before indev ended...with 0 balancing done during that time...
A multitude of schools not finished, still not finished spells and...does anybody even believe there was any work to getting balancing done.

Now ofcourse, there's more things where they wanted something to happen, and it turned out differently.
But hindsight is always 20/20, so ill drop all the things i predicted because i may have been wrong just as often.

And yes, this was just the first thing that popped into mind..

*edit
They also admitted they werent trying to balance the game towards end of indev anymore because different clans were giving opposing feedback, all with factual inaccuracies. Which means they let go of that entire point, which is what is currently hurting the meta so much...They buff wof, mass swap, they nerf wof, mass swap...
Shits retarded and should have been done during indev like they promised.
Instead...ye
I don't want to come across as a tryhard just trying to be right on the internet, but it just sounds like ub3r changing their developmental priorities on the fly.  It's much different than flat out lying to save face.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Them changing priority, which...if i say ill give you 100$, but then change priority and buy a new keyboard instead...is basicly lying.

You can say its something they "had" to do, or try and find excuses or reasons...
But they said one thing, and did another.
And none of the balancing mess is done yet, far from it.
So it will be many months, (or years at this rate) before i can fully start blaming my playerskill for getting me killed.
Instead of simply not having utility spells i needed (at the appropriate magnitude).
Not having tools to do things long range, which makes me move forward to then get fucked for it.
The list of mistakes that gets me killed in PvP, where i know its a bad idea before i do it but i do it anyway because else i might aswell sit down and rest is pretty long...and it makes me sad....because it showcases exactly what i warned about.

There are setups that cannot contribute in sitations, and they can be forced upon you. So you dont get to participate, untill the situation changes. There's already enough time in the game where i dont get to play, but do other shit instead. I dont need it to happen in the most thrilling aspect of the game aswell.

Ill post a video tomorrow (if i can find the time, you never know when priorities may switch) of what i was doing during the whole dagnamyr siege we had. It was...something

*edit,
I did make the video, dunnin is viewing it to be approved for public sharing.
Its 16min 39 long, the majority being shooting cannons.
Being compressed of nearly 2 hours worth of game material, which a lot was cut out of for obvious reasons.
(mostly cannon shooting without anything happening, there is still a lot in there to showcase that...thats all i was basicly good for) Blame playerskill for that, but i was on the frontlines at the start and couldnt do shit so i volunteerd to be on the cannon because i know myself well enough that id go too deep at some point.
Heck, i still do...but only when there's a push called.
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:47:45 pm by Nuyur

Reply #29
lmao seed in full fanboy mode
alts dont matter because ub3r said their game is perfect

heres a ruby village near launch

how many of the people on screen are actualy players?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
how much gold is generated from this village?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
alts dont matter, noone uses them

another fun fact, at launch, in SKD, we had 74 main accounts, 79 alt accounts
its only 5% of the pop tho
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state