Skip to main content

Topic: GeForce RTX 20X0 Graphics card unveiled Sep 20 release date (Read 385 times) previous topic - next topic

GeForce RTX 20X0 Graphics card unveiled Sep 20 release date
YoutubeTwitch

Re: GeForce RTX 20X0 Graphics card unveiled Sep 20 release date
Reply #1
First rule of graphic card fight club is don't believe a fucking word of any of it till the 3rd party reviews.

Stuff was fake news years before fake news.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Awesome. Another overpriced piece of equipment that will be used to play WoW by some carebears or to mine crypto currency by some guy with money to burn who wants to make some "easy" money
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #3
Crypto is on a decline, pretty much not worth mining on GPUs anymore.

As for the big Ray Tracing hype, this is the full potential unleashed:

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Good to hear crypto is declining. I was getting worried people were going to get sucked into mining the next currency someone was going to pull out of their ass. The nail in the coffin will be when the entire banking industry figures out how to change over to block chain technology.
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #5
Skip the 20 series. Wait for 7nm cards late 2019. That's the REAL upgrade

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
So much hype just to get 15 fps more

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #7
Crypto is on a decline, pretty much not worth mining on GPUs anymore.

As for the big Ray Tracing hype, this is the full potential unleashed:

Fucking +1

So much hype just to get 15 fps more

Supposedly its 50% but I highly doubt it

Reply #8
I'm still playing on a 5 year old laptop.  Just to add EXTRA challenge on top of my old-man-reflexes.  Good graphics cards are for sissies.

Reply #9
Good to hear crypto is declining. I was getting worried people were going to get sucked into mining the next currency someone was going to pull out of their ass. The nail in the coffin will be when the entire banking industry figures out how to change over to block chain technology.
There is no way the entire banking industry can be here in the blockchain age. Just because of how our current money works (red pill here:
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0&t=18m54s

It is so different that even if banks/governments built a blockchain currency no one would use it, unless you force people to.
Blockchains are just open source network protocols. As such everyone could see in the code how it would hurt them financally if they used the bank blockchain. Because blockchain currencies are competing with each other (and soon enough also with your local currency) only those who are forced / are in debt will remain using rigged currency.
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:33:56 am by pplease

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
There is no way the entire banking industry can be here in the blockchain age. Just because of how our current money works (red pill here:

It is so different that even if banks/governments built a blockchain currency no one would use it, unless you force people to.
Blockchains are just open source network protocols. As such everyone could see in the code how it would hurt them financally if they used the bank blockchain. Because blockchain currencies are competing with each other (and soon enough also with your local currency) only those who are forced / are in debt will remain using rigged currency.
I watched this really cool documentary on Netflix called "Banking on Bitcoin" that broke down crypto currencies and did a great explaination of blockchain for dummies. The conclusion they seemed to tell the viewers is that crypto gets its strength from being able to be transferred anywhere around the world without time or fees being applied to it like it does currently in the banking industry. I'd imagine at some point the banks will figure it out since most people in the world depend on current banks

Reply #11

I watched this really cool documentary on Netflix called "Banking on Bitcoin" that broke down crypto currencies and did a great explaination of blockchain for dummies. The conclusion they seemed to tell the viewers is that crypto gets its strength from being able to be transferred anywhere around the world without time or fees being applied to it like it does currently in the banking industry. I'd imagine at some point the banks will figure it out since most people in the world depend on current banks
Banks wouldnt need a blockchain to cut fees and make account transfers seem instant. But actually most people in the world do not have a bank account and are not able to get one.

Reply #12
On my hobby I can use every single extra CPU/GPU improvement I can get my hands on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf-BW2uU4e8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbEXN_W0KQ
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:06:05 am by Fore Core
YoutubeTwitch

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13

Banks wouldnt need a blockchain to cut fees and make account transfers seem instant. But actually most people in the world do not have a bank account and are not able to get one.
https://globalfindex.worldbank.org
I guess I needed to be more specific with who as far as the amount of people getting bank accounts. If you think banks don't need blockchain to cut overhead (fees) then I'm going to go ahead and exit the debate and differ to you on this.
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:15:42 am by SomeBK