Skip to main content

Topic: Objective view of a returning player. (Read 1455 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Objective view of a returning player.
Reply #15
Local banking is fine, the support mechanics are lacking.
With this I totally agree.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Local banking is fine, the support mechanics are lacking. There shouldnt be a vision about transporting shit from A to Z or local markets. You, or somebody else, allready took the risk of getting it and transporting it from A to B (mobspawn to bank/market). No need for additional risk as it just isnt worth it. Current game is a loss/loss situation, either you lose your stuff on the way or you lose your time doing the tedium. Global markets with market nodes in all holdings would actually alone skyrocket this game in terms of fun and another layer of player satisfaction. Global market is also an extreme opportunity for a gold sink which to be fair is much needed.
100% agree the game would have an immediate increase in population with these global markets and markets inside players holdings.

Why? Because it would let everybody see what the markets are lacking and let them figure out if those items are nearby. It creates an immediate goal and sense of accomplishment once the items are put on the market.

The next piece of the problem NEEDS to let you instantly purchase those items and claim them at whatever market you're at with a distance based tariff attached. People don't like this but this is actually better than the whole "claiming" your item and it awaiting pickup by you at a later time. This is the tedium part of the game that needs to go because all the trade runners have quit and the guy who lives in ruby doesn't care to buy the items on the ork market because he doesn't know when he'll have the time to go all the way out there to get his purchased goods because he isn't unemployed. It would be different if you could purchase a far away item and then put in a trade run order for someone to take your order (they can't see) from that market to another but that's too intricate for these devs.

Game is tedious AF and Nataz is the first person who's said local banking is fine but needs better tools implemented to support it and had given a solid way of implementation of a tool. All the other blowhards say it's fine but needs tools yet can't fucking give a good enough tool to facilitate local banking enough that it actually brings people back.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #17
If markets were available in all cities and hamlets, and everyone can buy globally from any market,what would be a fair distance tax?
10% per 1 km? more? less?
should there be an added tax for buying from racial enemies?
should there be a delay before item arrives (based on distance)? if yes, how long?

Global market would solve many of the current issues (that is, if markets were available in player holdings as well), but it'd make the game safer and less immersive.
Maybe that'd be a worthy tradeoff...

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #18
Alts already destroy any purpose of race only markets.
No need to tax enemy races either.

I'll not sold on global markets to buy out of. But if taxed right, who cares. Save money and travel or pay the tax
85% /s

Reply #19
Implement delivery fees? high to clan city markets, minimal in capital cities and in between for the rest?
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
If markets were available in all cities and hamlets, and everyone can buy globally from any market,what would be a fair distance tax?
10% per 1 km? more? less?
should there be an added tax for buying from racial enemies?
should there be a delay before item arrives (based on distance)? if yes, how long?

Global market would solve many of the current issues (that is, if markets were available in player holdings as well), but it'd make the game safer and less immersive.
Maybe that'd be a worthy tradeoff...

1k gold per km seems like a worthy baseline tradoff
No added tax buying from racial enemies because of Altfall
Initially I was thinking the item would only be available to the first market for 12 hours then every market within a 10km range after that and then every market in the game after 36 hours of initial item placement but then realized, who cares because the tariff is a flat rate per km per item. This means if you tried to put 10 stone on the market for 1g and snipe it from a far distance across the map, the system would only let you do it 1 stone at a time meaning it would cost you 1k gold per km to transport 1 stone out of the pile of 10. Same applies to enchant mats or any other stackable mats. This preserves the element of risk/reward for transport but also brings in crafters that find a market with many mats for sale for them to make finished product.

That way if you make a dragon armor chest, someone who can't be asked to play TravelFall might pay the tax for it. The tariffs would eventually drop altogether after a week so it can be purchased and instantly moved by all and give the crafter more work so he doesn't have to relocate it himself. This basically gives players a week to either move closer to the item to purchase it if it's very desirable and then creates a fire sale of low end items that have been sitting on the market (food, r40s, potions etc.) to keep the economy from stagnating.

This would be such a huge gold sink that most casuals who have no desire to bank hoard will gladly pay for the convenience while at the same time feeling compelled to sell what they killed or farmed up at the end of their play session because they know it will sell during their offline time and they'll have money to resupply for the next play session. I could also see this change turning the three mid map chaos cities into a high risk, high reward war zone where you gain more customers placing items there because your product becomes more affordable to most people but also makes those chaos cities the war zone they once were back in dfo for people wanting to not pay the tariffs and those hunting them down
  • Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:55:02 pm by SomeBK
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #21
Once again, take a look at RoA markets. They did a pretty damn good job
Mr. Wam Wam

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
They did but fast travel and global banking makes territory and holdings even more worthless than this game. New Dawn has the opportunity to find a happy medium whereas RoA is pretty far gone all because they're building off a poor foundation.

Reply #23
Maybe make all chaos cities markets global and free of charge? Or the only interconnected markets?
Thus you still have to travel to pick your order, but you just need to go to the nearest chaos city.

Reply #24
They did but fast travel and global banking makes territory and holdings even more worthless than this game. New Dawn has the opportunity to find a happy medium whereas RoA is pretty far gone all because they're building off a poor foundation.

I agree 100%, all I said was to take a look at the markets ;)
Mr. Wam Wam

Reply #25

I'm playing on RoA now while I wait for New Dawn's population to pick up, and this is absolutely true.  The ubiquity of teleportion completely kills any feeling of an open world - since you can get 80 in every stat and every magic school maxed out in a day, you can earn money far too easily.  And since you can buy bindstones from vendors, there's no reason why you shouldn't just teleport everywhere.  To make matters worse, it's not just teleporting to and fro clan holdings, but they have these books and runestones which you can use to teleport essentially anywhere.  You can only have 6 teleport locations per book, but you can have unlimited books.  Maybe I misunderstand the system, but you could potentially teleport anywhere.  It's horrendously bad game design and I wish it wasn't the more populated of the two games.

Reply #26
Would like to hear people's toughts on the subject.
Cheers!
-Red Moon

I came back to Darkfall New Dawn with a group of about 10 people.  Maybe half of them had never played Darkfall, my son and I played original Darkfall and had a little bit of an idea of what was ahead of us.  About a month later (Vitality maxed via Med.), I'm the only one left.  If investment = time spent, the ROI is just ponderous.  Even with Meditation you need to actually have Meditation points, so you're doing some type of daily quest to get +2400 Med points, then it's up to the player to decide if they're going to keep playing that day.

For me, crafting is just mind-blowingly slow or flat out broken.  When it's "grind crafting time" I log 4 accounts on to gather wood, iron, etc. and after over an hour of 4 accounts harvesting ore and wood, the crafter's skill may go up anywhere from 0.50-1.00 points.  Remember, that's with 4 accounts going!  No one in their right mind is going to pay for 4 accounts so they can grind a crafting skill and probably quit the game before they even reach the ability to make Rank 40 items. 

When I heard/read about "local banking" I thought it was a good idea.  The problem is I thought "local" meant racially local, not literally local to the outpost you're living in.  If you're a melee or archer build then maybe you can spread your inventory out across x-amount of banks and still be effective but if you're focusing on magic you really can't do that.  I just don't have the reagents to spread across x-amount of banks.  I usually have to farm reagents before I can go do what I wanted to do.

I really like the game itself but the ROI is just not acceptable.  Probably the main reason so many people quit the game.  I won't get into markets because there are a lot of good comments already made on that.  Well that's my 2 cents, still playing but not sure how much longer.

Reply #27

Except for the fact that the yes men dont want a happy medium, if ROA is the far right hand side of the spectrum and isnt working DND should be central, but instead they went far left and the loud retards want it even more that way....which is why the games dead now unless things change.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

• BlackSun
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #28
And I was enjoying my stay in DFND for the day, pondering about the time it would take me to get a pvp viable character ready.
When I got more and more annoyed by the local banking feature, why is it even in the game?
It make's all players locked to a location, and forces them threw hellish times to transfer their shit from a place to another.
It made the game feel so slow, and not to mention that it has killed of roaming almost completly. And why would you remove bindstone recall aswell? it makes it even more reduntant for players to roam Agon.

So for me personally, I feel I could enjoy the game alot. But the way local banking and no recall will make the game static. Will it be worth the 3months+ I would have to put into the game to be pvp viable.

+1 totally agree here

with 10k concurrent Players it makes sense, now it's just tedious

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
^^^^^+2^^^^

Be careful using the word tedious around here. It offends the current players because they've learned to adapt to it.