Skip to main content

Topic: Canceling book consumption (Read 272 times) previous topic - next topic

Canceling book consumption
A small one, but right now there is no way to cancel the consumption of a book if you accidentally double-clicked it (my mouse is slightly broken, so it happens). Since it has a "cast time", perhaps any movement action or weapon withdrawal could cancel the effect, just like with crafting?

Re: Canceling book consumption
Reply #1
A small one, but right now there is no way to cancel the consumption of a book if you accidentally double-clicked it (my mouse is slightly broken, so it happens). Since it has a "cast time", perhaps any movement action or weapon withdrawal could cancel the effect, just like with crafting?
WTF? How about instead of asking developers to work on it you simply buy a new mouse?

Reply #2
WTF? How about instead of asking developers to work on it you simply buy a new mouse?

minimal work (code re-usage...)

Reply #3

Lol, why wouldn't you be able to cancel book consumption if you accidentally double click on it. I do it too, my mouse has no problems. Yes man much? Maejohl left filling in the space? What's going on?
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #4

Lol, why wouldn't you be able to cancel book consumption if you accidentally double click on it. I do it too, my mouse has no problems. Yes man much? Maejohl left filling in the space? What's going on?
wow, that does not even make sense. Where do you see this "yes man" mentality in responding to someone that wants game changed because of his broken mouse? Try too much much?

Reply #5
It's not because my mouse is broken, I'm just stating how I encountered it (and keep encountering it). It's annoying, and could be easily fixed

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
fix it by maxing your skills casual (book fails casting if your skill is 100)

Reply #7
We should hold a fundraiser to get Xipos a new mouse ;)

Reply #8
This one time in dfuw, I sold my house for $50 to [LOW]epsilon to get a new mouse and pad.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9

This made me laugh because it has a bit of truth to it
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #10
We should hold a fundraiser to get Xipos a new mouse ;)

No need, bought a new one today! :D Fnatic Flick, funny little fella

But the suggestion still stands, no reason why people shouldn't be able to cancel the consumption of these things. Imagine the noobs consuming them by accident when they could trade them for more useful books suited for their specific development?

Reply #11
Next patch will be a fix to cancel the skill book use. Ub3r will say it was overly complicated to code and they had to put their whole team on it. Took them 2 months they could have been doing other work. It also will take them 72 man hours to write the patch notes and forum replies about it.

Everyone thank Xipos and his broken mouse for another 6 month wait on watch towers becasue of this post.
  • Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:51:37 pm by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Next patch will be a fix to cancel the skill book use. Ub3r will say it was overly complicated to code and they had to put their whole team on it. Took them 2 months they could have been doing other work. It also will take them 72 man hours to write the patch notes and forum replies about it.

Everyone thank Xipos and his broken mouse for another 6 month wait on watch towers becasue of this post.
In b4 a "yes man" says this is toxic bullshit as if it's not truth
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #13
Have you tried switching weapons?  It worked for me.