Skip to main content

Topic: Game worth joining? (Read 580 times) previous topic - next topic

Game worth joining?
Hey there...

I haven't played about Darkfall Online (1) in some time... I was there for EU Launch but haven't played in a very very long time.

I dabbled in UW for awhile, which was kinda meh to me -- probably why the game is dead now? I think?

Anyways,

Been trying to fill the gaps in games and start playing something again... I am pretty casual however these days as the family has grown and I have more adulting to do.

Curious on player base, Darkfall Online was pretty popular on EU launch and for many mothers after...I don't mind losing gear, so the more people that I can kill and can kill me the better, it is all in jolly good fun!

The roadmap looks pretty solid, I read up slightly on some things... seems there is a good team behind this new version :)

Thanks,
Beardtopia

• Leto
  • [*]
Re: Game worth joining?
Reply #1
Its worth it, even with a somewhat low population right now. Buy it, log in, play, is my recommendation.

Already much better than UW in my opinion.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
This version is definitely better than DFO but man I can't help it but reminisce of the chaos of so many people at every corner of the map at DFO launch. If I had the choice between playing the smooth version of DND and it's current population or original DFO with its huge population I'd take that clunky piece of shit in a heartbeat
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #3
Both versions launched too early and lost alot of population. Even RoA is really well made now and nothing compared to the horrendous state that it was in at launch. ND still needs more work. But sadly it will be hard to get back all those people who quit early on.

Reply #4
The thing that throws me off about RoA... is the item mall + subscription... that is why I am more prone here instead.

Not that there is a ton in the item mall to break the game .. just convience factors, like the bank expansion... but it is the start of something nasty more than likely... ?
  • Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:24:59 am by Beardtopia

Reply #5
Personally I doubt ROA will let the item mall go beyond convenience & cosmetics.  My own lack of motivation to play ROA is lack of long term character progression.  I think DND has found the right spot to make new players viable quickly, yet retain long-lasting progression,

Pop is low but you can easily find people if you know where to look.  Many of us are waiting on Racial Warfronts to make pop explode, but time will tell.

This still remains the only game worth playing on the market, for my tastes.

Reply #6
not worth joining atm, try again this winter, or who knows, next
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #7

it's worth it for the person I quote, I'm pretty sure he plays... so that's a weird stance.

You want to play? just get it, you don't enjoy? come back later.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8

it's worth it for the person I quote, I'm pretty sure he plays... so that's a weird stance.

He must be a masochist or sth.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9

Game is addicting. Best game ever yet so shit in so many aspects with its potential not even close to be uncapped.

Bittersweet whether you're playing or not
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #10
Darkfall, in general, has the best MMORPG PvP out there.  Runescape comes close because of the full loot aspect, but the combat mechanics are almost pure RNG instead of FPS-based.  I chose New Dawn over RoA (I'm a US citizen) because I like the devs and their roadmap. 

Reply #11
I'm in similar boat as OP. I first played Darkfall in high school when it released. I'm married with a job now and I need casual content. I'm looking forward to racial warfronts and community outreach. Until then, I like to check back in once a month or so.

Darkfall is a part of me, and I'm simply waiting for the opportunity to throw my money at it.
Duce Vonfossen in game.

Reply #12

He hung out with Raap too long and got damage like Nataz....

Reply #13

I think Raap got the damage. Not sure about Nataz :)
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #14

I think Raap got the damage. Not sure about Nataz :)

You posted a video of your gameplay 3 days after telling somebody else not to play I don't know how more brain-damaged you have to be to do that