Skip to main content

Topic: champion spawn questions (Read 436 times) previous topic - next topic

champion spawn questions
Been playing an hour a night the last few nights got some questions on this champion system.

Is it the 4th round of spawns that spawns champion mob?
I've worked out if I leave the spawn to go to an adjacent spawn it doesn't save the amount of mob cycles I've gone through and resets?
Has anyone tested leaving an alt in a spawn after killing a mob then going to an adjacent spawn then coming back and to main spawn and mob still turns champion on 4th spawn cycle?

Anyone got some testing done on this system? Seems flawed to me.

RoA version having the speed of mobs and amount of mobs spawning back depending on how fast you kill them seems way more simplified and rewarding.

Tried Erodachs... I've spent more time sitting between 4 kills of erodachs than I have done killing them.

If I simply cycled 2 erodachs I'd been making 5x as much as waiting for the champion to spawn as well as getting tonnes more stat gains.. please someone break this system down to me how its suppose to be good?
  • Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 01:42:09 am by rawrgasm

Re: champion spawn questions
Reply #1
Been playing an hour a night the last few nights got some questions on this champion system.

Is it the 4th round of spawns that spawns champion mob?
I've worked out if I leave the spawn to go to an adjacent spawn it doesn't save the amount of mob cycles I've gone through and resets?
Has anyone tested leaving an alt in a spawn after killing a mob then going to an adjacent spawn then coming back and to main spawn and mob still turns champion on 4th spawn cycle?

Anyone got some testing done on this system? Seems flawed to me.

RoA version having the speed of mobs and amount of mobs spawning back depending on how fast you kill them seems way more simplified and rewarding.

Tried Erodachs... I've spent more time sitting between 4 kills of erodachs than I have done killing them.

If I simply cycled 2 erodachs I'd been making 5x as much as waiting for the champion to spawn as well as getting tonnes more stat gains.. please someone break this system down to me how its suppose to be good?

Not all mobs are worth champing (especially at the highest end) and the system has varibles based on time to kill so its not always the 4th mob and yes if you leave the spawn will reset and if your alt was in the fight and stays it should keep you in cycle. (not sure it will work if alt wasnt engaged).

Spawns that are double (2 spawn points) can give 2 champs and there are spots where you can hold 3 spawns at once.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Basicly yes, in larger volume spawns its sometimes off by 1 or 2 monsters...but thats minor with those spawn rates.
Leaving the spawn, meaning the monster wouldnt pop when the respawn is up, does reset it.
Leaving an alt does work, even when not engaged (last time i tried).

The system is...weird

Reply #3
Basicly yes, in larger volume spawns its sometimes off by 1 or 2 monsters...but thats minor with those spawn rates.
Leaving the spawn, meaning the monster wouldnt pop when the respawn is up, does reset it.

The system is...weird

Took me a few 1 hour gameplays to realise its flawed and how to bypass the flaws to make it work, just sit alts at spawns in un-hittable locations, don't know why the devs don't save the progress of a spawn to avoid another alt fall mechanic, but will they listen and change that? Doubt it.

Marc or GM's not even responding in game to bug reports, reported Erodach not spawning a champion after 7 kills? Spent 2 hours sitting down for 15 mins between 4 minute kills to find it not spawn a champion, very dodgy system that I'm guessing casuals have just accepted and not tested it?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Maybe erodach counts as a boss mob? Those don't champ.

Wild guess.

Reply #5
Maybe erodach counts as a boss mob? Those don't champ.

Wild guess.

Pretty spot on Guess :P

Light Green to Orange mobs spawn champs. Reds do not.

Reply #6
Are you sure ? I remember patach n otes saying that metal golems and BOSS mobs wont spawn a champ. When you open your map there is hard and boss check in world tab. I assume boss is actually what ticks as boss on the map. Many redish mobs arent classified by map as champions. Nothing easier than asking Marc if you want to know.

On the other hand, who would kill a mob and then wait 20-30 mins for next respawn, making the champ spawntime most likely 2h+

Reply #7
That was my response.. golems & boss mobs, erodach isn't a boss its a red mob. Why would the patch notes not just say Red mobs? Can we get clarification @Ub3rgames

Why patch notes don't go in depth or nobody has tested this since it was released is beyond me does anyone play actively?

Reply #8
If you want more Champion loot, it's better to do a double-spawn at some easier MOB.  The tougher champions do have more loot than the weaker champions, but not by a great margin at all. I've gotten five books/potions from each of a Sarlid champion and a cave spider champion in the past, and gotten as little as zero special loot from an Orange champion (evil eye). It's very RNG.

Not nearly as great a system as ROA's, but still fun.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Can we get clarification @Ub3rgames

Hehe, good one. ;)

Reply #10
Forest golem gets champions. they are red, correct?
85% /s

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Not dark red tho

Reply #12

The system is...weird

Took me a few 1 hour gameplays to realise its flawed and how to bypass the flaws to make it work, just sit alts at spawns in un-hittable locations, don't know why the devs don't save the progress of a spawn to avoid another alt fall mechanic, but will they listen and change that? Doubt it.

Marc or GM's not even responding in game to bug reports, reported Erodach not spawning a champion after 7 kills? Spent 2 hours sitting down for 15 mins between 4 minute kills to find it not spawn a champion, very dodgy system that I'm guessing casuals have just accepted and not tested it?

The champion system continues as long as you stay within range to trigger the mobs, not sure not being able to leave the spawn range is a flaw.

They stated they want you to experiment so people don't avoid the non Champion mobs and discover which ones spawn champions and keep that info to themselves or share it while exploring the system

Reply #13
Forest golem gets champions. they are red, correct?

Orange