Skip to main content

Topic: Spawn Scaling badly needs adjustment (Read 543 times) previous topic - next topic

Spawn Scaling badly needs adjustment
I know there's already a 5-page thread on this in Bugs & Feedback, but this is having such an impact on our clan that I felt it should be discussed in a more visible sub-forum.

Firstly, kudos to @Ub3rgames for increasing the spawn rate for soloists.  Although some spawns are now way too big/fast, for the most part it's made the game more enjoyable.

However, Spawn Scaling loot now favors soloists far too heavily.  And I do more soloing than group hunts, so this isn't promoting my personal agenda.

Now, the choice is, solo to get my gear, or take 50-80% longer to get the same goods in a group.  In our clan, people are grouping less and having less fun, making PvE more of a chore.  Not good.

I think if you tweaked the Spawn Scaling loot to be halfway between where it is now, and the first iteration of Spawn Scaling loot, it could be  a good next step.

Re: Spawn Scaling badly needs adjustment
Reply #1
I liked the idea where loot is determined by how fast you kill the mob.

Reply #2
Totally agree.  I think it'd be even better if the faster you killed, MOB level went up (and loot with it).  People could have fun trying to push themselves to see how much they could level up a MOB.

Reply #3
I agree that is should be tweaked to make group play more rewarding- not back to where it was, but in that direction.

• memes
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
I agree that is should be tweaked to make group play more rewarding- not back to where it was, but in that direction.

"I HAVE 90 ALTS I DESERVE TO GET MORE LOOT"

fuck off

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
They just need spawns to dynamically drop levels as your alts no longer become engaged. Uber fucked up and didn't make it work that way so back in inDev AltFall was born
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #6
If i go solo to farm thick leather i get like  35-40 in an hour
with 2 people about 50-60 an hour
3 people about 75-100 p hr

what am i missing

Reply #7

what am i missing

High skinning and wisdom i guess since i get 75-100 hour by myself.

• memes
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #8

what am i missing

need to farm an hour for a single set of armor

welcome to darkfall

what a joke

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Since were only getting 1 patch per fiscal quarter, do we really wanna burn it on another loot rework instead other changes?

Reply #10

what am i missing

welcome to darkfall

what a joke

nono, thats for a thick leather set!

You can buy other armor even at a vendor. For someone like yourself that just spins in circles and dies, any armor will do, lots you dont even have to grind at all for. No point in grinding up a good set just to lose it

Reply #11

what am i missing

welcome to darkfall

what a joke

1 hour is good, it was around 4 hours at start of the game with underleveled characters and worse skin rates. But yeah with high char and good skin skill/title with new skin drops you can get almost 2.5 sets / hour now.

Reply #12
Totally agree.  I think it'd be even better if the faster you killed, MOB level went up (and loot with it).  People could have fun trying to push themselves to see how much they could level up a MOB.

This is a good idea. I agree it needs to be somewhere between what it was and what it is now but definitely not anywhere close to what it was before.

Its actually a very difficult problem to solve because they need to do it without increasing client-server traffic significantly which I think people are forgetting. Even a time to kill count would require the server to do more then just calculated the players in the spawn or not. Which doesn't sound like a lot but it's like an onion, every layer you add is more server processing. Every time you add something new to calculate you increase possibility of server lag

Reply #13
THIS - ditch the number of players enaged ALTFALL BS and level the mobs based on how fast player(s) can clear the spawn.

Solo remains viable and group gets extra loot thru being able to clear faster

Reply #14
who the fuck cares Bout altfall.  just reset it to the old  rate so its actually worth it to go out