Skip to main content

Topic: Transmute question(s) for Raw and Arcane (Read 252 times) previous topic - next topic

Transmute question(s) for Raw and Arcane
Is there a Transmute for Raw magic, or is it part of Arcane magic as far as Transmutes are concerned?  Also, Arcane magic school is Holy Damage but Raw is Arcane, that's why I'm kinda confused.  What about mana missile?  Is there a transmute that would make that more effective (it also does Arcane damage).  Thanks for any info!

Re: Transmute question(s) for Raw and Arcane
Reply #1
Currently there is no Transmuted staff for:
* Raw Magic
* Infliction Magic

And you're not missing anything.

As for the confusion - I very much agree, and I hope @Ub3rgames change the name of Arcane School into Celestial School or similar as to avoid confusion.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
Ok thanks.  I'm assuming an Arcane transmute wouldn't help Mana Missile, just those spells within the Arcane Magic school.  I think Mana Missile is actually a Cantrip...

Reply #3
You assume correctly.

Reply #4
Transmuted staves are still too weak until you get to the Q4 level.  So VERY costly to make a transmuted staff worth using.  As Wyverex noted, you're not missing anything.

Reply #5
Q4 transmute staff, made using R80 as base, with Q4 Magnitude enchant still outputs less damage and has less secondary effects (for its own school) than a Q3 magnitude Darkscepter.
And at the same time, when using a transmute staff your other schools are even worse.

Only time I use transmutes is to recycle low dura staves that already had 2 good enchants.

Reply #6
Q4 transmute staff, made using R80 as base, with Q4 Magnitude enchant still outputs less damage and has less secondary effects (for its own school) than a Q3 magnitude Darkscepter.
And at the same time, when using a transmute staff your other schools are even worse.

Only time I use transmutes is to recycle low dura staves that already had 2 good enchants.

Good info, but not completely apples to apples since Darkscepter is a slow staff.  A cleaner comparison would be a Q4 transmuted R80 vs a R80 Racial.

Reply #7
Yes, Transmutes are medium-speed staves, it's not a direct 1:1 comparison, but Darkscepters are plentiful on the server, and only two races' R80s are cheap.