Skip to main content

Topic: A positive voice in this shit show.  (Read 1089 times) previous topic - next topic

A positive voice in this shit show.
So Ive been playing again for around two weeks now and I thought it was time I shared my thoughts, as its very different to the narrative being played out on these forums and the new dawn discord.

This isnt going to be a post where I praise the devs as I am with everyone that they are too slow with their development and not enough changes to core content has hit the game since launch. Champion mobs however are a very good addition to the game, and have helped me catch up and be viable far quicker than would of been possible (esp as I switched titles from magic to melee/archery). I think the books/potions should be slightly more common, or make the champ mobs spawn a little quicker on the lower end mobs but on the whole a positive and good change that makes pve slightly more bearable. And if you have a surplus, get that shit on the markets, as surprising as it is people are coming back to the game slowly.

Since coming back and joining a clan, Ive been apart of 4 sieges, missed another 2 due to work, numerous village fights etc. The population isnt anywhere near what it needs to be, but there is still pvp available and there a still a good few clans providing content for their members. Bang is there to be had, but too many clans are too passive and want the devs to provide content for them, unfortunately for them and others this game is a sandbox, and the true content which is CONFLICT will always be left up to the players.

I took a much needed break from this game, and I'm sure with the weather being so good all across Europe(Dunno about NA) people are enjoying themselves outside of the game, but unless you are happy queing up for LoL games, Playing the latest WoW expac, then what truly is there to play for people who for so many years have played and enjoyed DF, Mortal Online etc etc??

Ill enjoy the troll posts, my aim was just to reach out to the players thinking "should I ?" and my honest answer is, yes you should.

• Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:16:53 am by Kalliades

Re: A positive voice in this shit show.
Reply #1
I'm just going to +1 cus I share your posts general feel, luckily today it's raining.

Reply #2
Same experience here, although I've been back for well over a month now. Champion mobs was definitely a good patch, which sorta gives me hopes for the coming ones, although it would REALLY help if they speed things up a bit. That, or patch one massive f*cker with bindstone quests, warfronts etc. in the beginning of September.

Reply #3
fair post!
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #4
NGL im pretty tempted to go back to WoW
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #5
NGL im pretty tempted to go back to WoW

Lol i tried. RIP.

Reply #6
Just stay positive guys!

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #7
next big patch must have content especially bindstone quests, if its mostly magic balance and pvp balance im ready to quit.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #8
I think the skill books and stat potions will start to become more frequent on the markets and lower in value as more people start to max. I just hit 100 Wisdom so every Wine bottle I get goes on the market.

Reply #9
Just stay positive guys!

Its not really about staying positive, its more enjoy what we have got cause we should all remember what it was like when we didnt have it.
Its no different with RoA, I have nothing against it and if more EU players played it, I would probs give it a whirl.

Reply #10
Not really i didnt play mmos for 5 yrs and went to the gym alot and lived life like a normal person outside away from my computer, so i wont miss anything. I personally like darkfall if its good one day.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #11
Just stay positive guys!

Its not really about staying positive, its more enjoy what we have got cause we should all remember what it was like when we didnt have it.
Its no different with RoA, I have nothing against it and if more EU players played it, I would probs give it a whirl.
Don't bother with this one.  He plays RoA and only comes here to troll the forums.

Reply #12
(it's really weird how roa players are also here, is it the same over there? do dnd people act out on their forums? I don't even go to their site..)

Reply #13
Champions spawns and drop rate stat/skills book is ok, with nice rate ( I'm noob too, what begun play 2 month ago). I was buy stats for 15-25k for each. Everybody after 2 month play can get atleast 15-25k in hours (in gold/mats/keys/books). Its not bad, if you can get +1 stats even on 90+ in hour.
Dolly Monk

Reply #14
Game is already pretty decent, but with some obvious flaws and tedium. Its going in the right direction though and hopefully Ub3r will come to terms with todays gaming expectations and common sense.