Skip to main content

Topic: Clan Bank Management ideas  (Read 276 times) previous topic - next topic

Clan Bank Management ideas
Options to lock bag position, preventing other people from moving or renaming the bag. Extend this to items too. This can double up as a convinient feature to "save" a bank design so that new members opening the bank for the first time get predefined positions.

Lower rank for being able to withdraw things from the clan bank to Corporal (explained at bottom)

Option to set bags a rank requirement. (Starting at Lieutenant, a Captain could make a bag requiring Lt or Cpt rank, a Major could do the same including Major rank and so forth)

Option to password protect a bag. (making it impossible to move, rename, open etc - excluding Generals and SGs) One possibility is to have password protected bags tie to a character, and in the event that a bag has to be removed from the clan vault it can go into that players bank or local retrieval.

Option to enable / disable dropping of items in the main vault. Same option for individual bags.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: Clan Bank Management ideas
Reply #1
Instead of bags, have Clan Bank tabs, that clans can buy for Gold, up to a maximum of tabs. These tabs should be configurable to allow withdrawal based on rank.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #2
Instead of bags, have Clan Bank tabs, that clans can buy for Gold, up to a maximum of tabs. These tabs should be configurable to allow withdrawal based on rank.

I thought about this before but the conclusion I came to is it's unnecessary because we would still want multi-tiered containers. This way we have more control over how we build the bank and we wouldn't need to completely split the bank. Tabs could be useful though, I don't think that should be the mandatory rather an option.

Reply #3
did your clanbank get stolen

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Or you guys could just put everything on your local markets as a "convenience" feature so the dedicated crafters have materials to make you gear they can sell back to you on the same markets.

Just a thought
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #5
did your clanbank get stolen
You're always going to run a risk when you promote someone, that's unavoidable... What we can do is make the process of distribution and storage more efficient and remove the time sink completely. Instead of 2 players co-ordinating and sacrificing their play time to do menial transactions, players should have selective access to those things that are meant to be easily accessible or belonging to them.

Besides that no sane clan keeps everything in the clan bank, and a clan bank will be up the next day it's cleared. More than that you would need to go through a lot of effort to rob a decent clan, and the contents of a well managed clan bank will never be worth the time you spent to earn access. Clan Banks are strictly operational, the only things you would horde in them is spare junk.

Reply #6
Or you guys could just put everything on your local markets as a "convenience" feature so the dedicated crafters have materials to make you gear they can sell back to you on the same markets.

Just a thought

Put in your rares on the market, get to buy back 100's of Q2 enchanted R50's :) If only everyone would play the vision and downgear, all this would be a convenience feature!
"Things just got worse."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
The only way to truly force people to live the vishun is to put a global bank item limit per player to 125 items and 2k kg while setting the clan bank global items to 1k items and 10k kg. All surplus will have to go into markets and the tryhard hoarders will have to buy more alts effectively letting the vishun come to fruition while generating more income for Uber

Also need to make any items left on a character that exceed the weight of 300kg after log out, disappear after 2 in game hours

Maybe then, gold will be still not desireable but a necessary evil
  • Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:16:54 am by SomeBK
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #8
Good idea to mix in some convenience into LB with GB limits, but I doubt Uber will bite, they need to see this failing through, before they change their minds.

"Things just got worse."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Good idea to mix in some convenience into LB with GB limits, but I doubt Uber will bite, they need to see this failing through, before they change their minds.
Agreed. I'm happy to see how deep the rabbit hole goes

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Just what this game needs, more ideas zero progress

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Just what this game needs, more ideas zero progress
What's sad is the idea to cap someone's bank item count and weight would take a year to develop but would actually force people to live the vishun of a "convenient" darkfall.