Skip to main content

Topic: ~3 weeks ago Ub3rgames had a meeting on continuation on New Dawn  (Read 3536 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ~3 weeks ago Ub3rgames had a meeting on continuation on New Dawn
Reply #45
And that's not even factoring in how much larger the NA/SA/Oceanic market is and historically always has been for Darkfall compared to the eastern EU

The evidence/ stats speak for themselves
You write about evidence - I heard Darkfall server located in NA has less players than Darkfall server located in EU. In your opinion it is the other way around?
But if you're talking purely about RoA numbers TODAY despite all of that games fundamental flaws, mismanagement, dupes ect... their number of actives is still roughly equal to New Dawns.
So they have  roughly the same numbers (I read it as LESS actually) and this is the only evidence / stat you have of "how much larger the NA/SA/Oceanic market is"? I mean really is. Not was, not maybe will be in the future. But is.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #46
No way in fuck RoA has the same amount of REAL people than New Dawn. I mean both have low populations but their GM events have 30-40 players attending them and that's counting the devs and gms lmfao.

The saddest part is you know everyone is there because of the fast travel and ease to get everywhere and access your global bank. New dawn will always win the population battle simply based on AltFall but the world will always have scrubs settling into their own little crevices of the map on single player mode basically making the game always tedious but still able to find 1-2 people at every 3-4 villages just like RoA.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #47
You are not comparing apples to apples.

Ask ex AV employee and they will tell you that NA had twice the population of EU server.

Reply #48
The game has to be hosted in New York to be taken seriously. You can't dismiss NA market.  You have to spend money to make money. Don't let you convenient hosting arrangements cloud your thinking.

Most of the EU players are not impacted.

45 ping -> 120 ping

not impacted btw

keep crying about servers NA trash

So you're against it because moving to New York would give you equal (totally playable 120) ping to the rest of the world and a much larger playerbase would go from an unplayable180-400 down to 20-255 with the median for ALL players world-wide being significantly lower?

And that's not even factoring in how much larger the NA/SA/Oceanic market is and historically always has been for Darkfall compared to the eastern EU

The evidence/ stats speak for themselves and if Ub3rgames still can't see that a New York server would net them significantly more players and $ from 'whales' ...they need to hire someone new to be VP of marketing

You can create the best product in the world, but if you can't deliver a good experience to the people most likely to actually BUY it + get the word out explaining WHY your product is different/superior, then you're going to eventually go bankrupt.

yeah they NEED to hire you LOL, they MUST wake up. man your posts are so cringe the way to present things like they would be facts.

Reply #49
sig test
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #50
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #51

Reply #52
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #53

Reply #54
Our recurring observation is that there is true wonder from new players, they see that potential and enjoy their time, up to a point.
That's why our focus is on things like PvE, bindstone quests, alignment, character diversity, marketplaces and so on.
These are the thing that will bridge the gap between infatuation and love. That's what we call NPE.

In short: We've been too conservative over the years. We want to be more aggressive.
We're working towards that.

Everyone has an opinion on this subject, but I think you need to transform the game into more of an Ultima Online type game with features that, while seemingly fluffy, appeal to virtual world living experience with pure social type experiences. In no way would this reduce PvP rules.

Darkfall is still too PvP centric.  No-lifers are vastly more powerful in PvP than casuals due to the complexity of the game, and losing one's stuff hurts (as it should.)  Making the race war central within PvP would definitely take some of the sting out of it this, as people are more tolerant of dying to race enemies (and outcasts), but particularly hate dying to their own alliance only to see the same players at the bank again in 30 minutes.

In terms of enhancing social type experiences, it's hard to know what is actual viable given the engine limits, but a few ideas that come to mind:

1. City apartments (with thousands of objects to put in them, from out in the world.)
2. Pets / taming, whether "toy" or with fighting ability
3. Gambling / sport fighting type games in arenas, formally coded. In UO, tamed chicken fights were always fun in the cities, where people waged money, although never formally coded.
4.  A forced naming policy that requires all RP - compliant names.  This sets a certain world tone that is subtle yet profound.
5. PvE - radical change to roaming monster packs, that invade and effectively take over NPC cities.

Reply #55
@Ub3rgames, something, what can give cash for hiring staff and developers:

1. Race change deed. First - free. Second - 10$, next - 15-20$.
2. Namechange deed. 100-200$.
Give the opportunity to check the names that the player changed:
.name Dolly Monk:
was Dolla Monk, name change in 10.02.2012
was Dollb Monk, name change in 10.02.2011
3. What about make "New Dawn Club" for 10-30$ in month. Closed forum with the ability to influence on future development by voting.
4. Before you turn on subscription again, you can sell acceleration of char development.
5$-15$ in month for +10-30% mediation points from every ingame action (chests, vcp, etc).

4. Look, what you can impliment in game without any code changing. Here is a lot thing, what need some balance patches. Something just DONT work in your game and that something requires only xml chaning, one hour do discuss with your team and 5 minutes for xml chaning.

a) Is anybody fishing on ships for seawwed?
Increase that high-end food duration atleast at 25. 10 minutes its a joke. Increase buff-amount that give that food.
Make junk without guns, just for fishing, decrease materials costs.
Decrease cost all ships in 3-4 times, its very fun game elements, but it cost too much.
On Brigantine for example need: 7500gold, 1875 iron ore, 9375 wood, 875 cloth
One character havest about 300 iron and 300 logs in one hour (slightly diminished, since the character can be killed).
So, its about 11250/300=37hours of mining and logging + 4-5 hours to get cloth and gold. Its 42 hours boring harvesting just for ship, what can be losted very fast.

b) i know, a lot ppl mining with alts on clan-mines. But new player will be mining on nodes. Just give us craftable instruments, what can decrease time of harvesting, like was in Ultima Online.
Selentine pickaxe, Theryll pickaxes, etc. Will be risk vs revard. You can get good pickaxe and harvest actively, not naked in afk. Need atleast 200% speed harvest increase for theryll, i think.
c) Is anybody make trade routes?
d) Make new mount for delivery goods. Battlehorn 2.0, slow, without sprint with 5k weight. 
And etc, etc, etc. Here is a lot of works just for game designer.

Even if you look at cookng, why here is no food what can be crafted on 25 or 40 skill? Only on 50 and 75? Fried lobster must be on 30-40skill (10 min), fish stew on 75. Some sushi on 90 or 100 skill.

5. What about dungeon, what can give BIG challenge for group? Its too much hard to make it? Here is even no need new graphics for new mobs. Just give new name for daemon or dragon for example. Make dungeon, what can give challenge for 7-10 ppl.
Make this daemon like raid boss, with spawn at server active time. What prize can be? Accelerated meditation, or like 20k medpoints for killing. Make few raid boss spawns, so groups will have new goals on every day.
Why best weapons dont require mats from "raid bosses" like daemon or dragon? In LA2 was epic fights every day for raid bosses. To make pvp on hot spots just make right xml changes in loot. Increase monster regen for daemon to compensate group farming.

6. What about not siege, but heist holding on weekly basis? Give us goal to raid different holdings every week/two week. Give to clan, what have city 2 hours in two week, when they must DEFEND their city. Give choise time, when they must defend city. Attackers will get prize, if they will be success. Or defender will get prize. What that can be? Its can be like 30% from every hit the mine. If clan will harvest 10000 iron ore in week, attackers can get 3000 iron ore. For sure, decrease on 30% ore, what ppl harvest from mine.

7. Give some targets for crafters. A lot of targets. Some gear, especialy high-end must demand recipes. At now crafts its only about "get mats, turn macro on". Look at EvE system with BPO and BPC. Clan and crafters must have goal to find all receipes for crafting.

I voiced some goals, what you can impliment for pvp groups, pve, crafiting.
  • Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:45:52 pm by xsevenbeta
Dolly Monk

Reply #56
@Ub3rgames, something, what can give cash for hiring staff and developers:

1. Race change deed. First - free. Second - 10$, next - 15-20$.
2. Namechange deed. 100-200$.
Give the opportunity to check the names that the player changed:
.name Dolly Monk:
was Dolla Monk, name change in 10.02.2012
was Dollb Monk, name change in 10.02.2011
3. What about make "New Dawn Club" for 10-30$ in month. Closed forum with the ability to influence on future development by voting.
4. Before you turn on subscription again, you can sell acceleration of char development.
5$-15$ in month for +10-30% mediation points from every ingame action (chests, vcp, etc).

4. Look, what you can impliment in game without any code changing. Here is a lot thing, what need some balance patches. Something just DONT work in your game and that something requires only xml chaning, one hour do discuss with your team and 5 minutes for xml chaning.

a) Is anybody fishing on ships for seawwed?
Increase that high-end food duration atleast at 25. 10 minutes its a joke. Increase buff-amount that give that food.
Make junk without guns, just for fishing, decrease materials costs.
Decrease cost all ships in 3-4 times, its very fun game elements, but it cost too much.
On Brigantine for example need: 7500gold, 1875 iron ore, 9375 wood, 875 cloth
One character havest about 300 iron and 300 logs in one hour (slightly diminished, since the character can be killed).
So, its about 11250/300=37hours of mining and logging + 4-5 hours to get cloth and gold. Its 42 hours boring harvesting just for ship, what can be losted very fast.

b) i know, a lot ppl mining with alts on clan-mines. But new player will be mining on nodes. Just give us craftable instruments, what can decrease time of harvesting, like was in Ultima Online.
Selentine pickaxe, Theryll pickaxes, etc. Will be risk vs revard. You can get good pickaxe and harvest actively, not naked in afk. Need atleast 200% speed harvest increase for theryll, i think.
c) Is anybody make trade routes?
d) Make new mount for delivery goods. Battlehorn 2.0, slow, without sprint with 5k weight. 
And etc, etc, etc. Here is a lot of works just for game designer.

Even if you look at cookng, why here is no food what can be crafted on 25 or 40 skill? Only on 50 and 75? Fried lobster must be on 30-40skill (10 min), fish stew on 75. Some sushi on 90 or 100 skill.

5. What about dungeon, what can give BIG challenge for group? Its too much hard to make it? Here is even no need new graphics for new mobs. Just give new name for daemon or dragon for example. Make dungeon, what can give challenge for 7-10 ppl.
Make this daemon like raid boss, with spawn at server active time. What prize can be? Accelerated meditation, or like 20k medpoints for killing. Make few raid boss spawns, so groups will have new goals on every day.
Why best weapons dont require mats from "raid bosses" like daemon or dragon? In LA2 was epic fights every day for raid bosses. To make pvp on hot spots just make right xml changes in loot. Increase monster regen for daemon to compensate group farming.

6. What about not siege, but heist holding on weekly basis? Give us goal to raid different holdings every week/two week. Give to clan, what have city 2 hours in two week, when they must DEFEND their city. Give choise time, when they must defend city. Attackers will get prize, if they will be success. Or defender will get prize. What that can be? Its can be like 30% from every hit the mine. If clan will harvest 10000 iron ore in week, attackers can get 3000 iron ore. For sure, decrease on 30% ore, what ppl harvest from mine.

7. Give some targets for crafters. A lot of targets. Some gear, especialy high-end must demand recipes. At now crafts its only about "get mats, turn macro on". Look at EvE system with BPO and BPC. Clan and crafters must have goal to find all receipes for crafting.

I voiced some goals, what you can impliment for pvp groups, pve, crafiting.

Alot of good casual content ideas and believe it or not all of this could have been completed in game already if they didnt waste the  first 6 months of launch balancing magic schools. Really who the fuck cares about magic schools and magic pvp balance? the 200 hardcore Darkfall 2009 mages whos played mages up to this point? The Devs at ub3rgames needs to realize they need to develop New Dawn for the brand new gamers who never heard of or touched darkfall before.
Its sucks i sit here on these forums for 2.5 years repeating the same ideas and warnings to every developers and alsoto AVenturine 9 years ago to stop focusing on PVP features and content with all of their development resources.
  • Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 08:24:30 am by Dragonx Ivanzypher
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #57
Many changes was pretty good, actualy. In right direction. Champions and books, for example.
Dolly Monk

Reply #58
Our recurring observation is that there is true wonder from new players, they see that potential and enjoy their time, up to a point.
That's why our focus is on things like PvE, bindstone quests, alignment, character diversity, marketplaces and so on.
These are the thing that will bridge the gap between infatuation and love. That's what we call NPE.

In short: We've been too conservative over the years. We want to be more aggressive.
We're working towards that.

Everyone has an opinion on this subject, but I think you need to transform the game into more of an Ultima Online type game with features that, while seemingly fluffy, appeal to virtual world living experience with pure social type experiences. In no way would this reduce PvP rules.

Darkfall is still too PvP centric.  No-lifers are vastly more powerful in PvP than casuals due to the complexity of the game, and losing one's stuff hurts (as it should.)  Making the race war central within PvP would definitely take some of the sting out of it this, as people are more tolerant of dying to race enemies (and outcasts), but particularly hate dying to their own alliance only to see the same players at the bank again in 30 minutes.

In terms of enhancing social type experiences, it's hard to know what is actual viable given the engine limits, but a few ideas that come to mind:

1. City apartments (with thousands of objects to put in them, from out in the world.)
2. Pets / taming, whether "toy" or with fighting ability
3. Gambling / sport fighting type games in arenas, formally coded. In UO, tamed chicken fights were always fun in the cities, where people waged money, although never formally coded.
4.  A forced naming policy that requires all RP - compliant names.  This sets a certain world tone that is subtle yet profound.
5. PvE - radical change to roaming monster packs, that invade and effectively take over NPC cities.

Forced name policy, now look here pal, if i wanna call my guy "Abusive Lover" im fuckin gunna.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #59
The level of fanboyism lmfao.

Forced RP names?

Best names are the witty ones people come up with in relation to current or former pop culture. The most memorable names that immediately come to mind at DFO launch were Rick Roll and Patrick Chewing