Skip to main content

Topic: ~3 weeks ago Ub3rgames had a meeting on continuation on New Dawn  (Read 3589 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ~3 weeks ago Ub3rgames had a meeting on continuation on New Dawn
Reply #30

Also, personally, one of the primary reasons why I chose DnD and not RoA is because of better ping and less grind needed(even though I don't agree with most title mechanics).

Having 2 servers in NA (RoA and DnD) would lose some European playerbase and would compete for american one which is not a good change business wise for DnD unless they can take whole RoA population.

What version of DF will these EU player will go to if DND moves to NA? Ub3rgames now has the numbers and hopefully like many other things they can rectify one more mistake.

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
Paranoia is not warranted, tnese folks are NOT AV and they are very honest

There is literally a picture of them eating souvlaki with Taki Flambini at the AV christmas party, laughing all the way to the bank.

There is paranoia and then their is clinical delusion...

Dr Phil is there for you, bro

Brightlocker is most likely a subsiduary of Zed Muhubiis pension pot. 100 year skank.

And, assuming this is true and not faked/doctores, what would be the issue? Ex interns or employees have taken over a project, and so? is this illegal/unethical? I see the positive side, this means they start with know how advantages...if there is something shady they would hide their faces ...furthermore they are not asking any more money right now, so what is the "grand plan"? Seems more hysteria from a bunch of cretins that keep on bashing and bashing this game...

Regards
HG
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
@VexDee
Another post printed up and clipped into my binder to be saved for the day I can get them all autographed by the author himself
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #33
We doubt that your source is reliable or even talked to a dev.
However, there was a meeting 3 weeks ago

LOL
I was "lucky"...............

Reply #34
They keep on saying no no no it is not them, it makes no sense to continue to focus on this. Time to move on... there was a video during DFUW where someone actually went to AV and interviewed the devs for an hour, and there was lots of footage of the office, those devs were not these devs. Time to have a reality check!

I think a few people here are subscribing to the 'fake news' meme that the US president is pushing... how sad.

Reply #35

I think a few people here are subscribing to the 'fake news' meme that the US president is pushing... how sad.

This is the internet and people have been trolling it long before the concept of fake news .

Reply #36
[...]
It was actually MSM and CNN in particular who originally started the "Fake News" meme, it just got turned back on them in an epic way.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37
Top ten best trump videos was him doing CNN like John Cena.

I don't know if the original or the retweet of it just last year when CNN has a slow period on trump dirt. The guy is the ultimate troll
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #38
The game has to be hosted in New York to be taken seriously. You can't dismiss NA market.  You have to spend money to make money. Don't let you convenient hosting arrangements cloud your thinking.

Most of the EU players are not impacted.

45 ping -> 120 ping

not impacted btw

keep crying about servers NA trash

Reply #39
You can't dismiss NA market.
lol, RoA is there. Heard it has less players than DND.
  • Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:06:51 am by wildNothing

Reply #40
The game has to be hosted in New York to be taken seriously. You can't dismiss NA market.  You have to spend money to make money. Don't let you convenient hosting arrangements cloud your thinking.

Most of the EU players are not impacted.

45 ping -> 120 ping

not impacted btw

keep crying about servers NA trash

So you're against it because moving to New York would give you equal (totally playable 120) ping to the rest of the world and a much larger playerbase would go from an unplayable180-400 down to 20-255 with the median for ALL players world-wide being significantly lower?

And that's not even factoring in how much larger the NA/SA/Oceanic market is and historically always has been for Darkfall compared to the eastern EU

The evidence/ stats speak for themselves and if Ub3rgames still can't see that a New York server would net them significantly more players and $ from 'whales' ...they need to hire someone new to be VP of marketing

You can create the best product in the world, but if you can't deliver a good experience to the people most likely to actually BUY it + get the word out explaining WHY your product is different/superior, then you're going to eventually go bankrupt.

Reply #41
And that's not even factoring in how much larger the NA/SA/Oceanic market is and historically always has been for Darkfall compared to the eastern EU

The evidence/ stats speak for themselves
You write about evidence - I heard Darkfall server located in NA has less players than Darkfall server located in EU. In your opinion it is the other way around?

Reply #42
i  recruited 3 new NA players this week so for some reason NA are coming to New Dawn for lack of a better Freedom sandbox MMO out there? Also the next BIG Meaty patch from new Dawn will help alot!
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #43
We doubt that your source is reliable or even talked to a dev. Let it be known that our devs do not go out enough to talk to people.
However, it is certainly lucky. There was a meeting 3 weeks ago, and others in the weeks prior and after.

How do you guys feel?
lucky

Reply #44

The evidence/ stats speak for themselves
You write about evidence - I heard Darkfall server located in NA has less players than Darkfall server located in EU. In your opinion it is the other way around?

I don't really have time or inclination to reshash this and provide the numbers/ historical evidence again (I already did so in the past)

But if you're talking purely about RoA numbers TODAY despite all of that games fundamental flaws, mismanagement, dupes ect... their number of actives is still roughly equal to New Dawns.

Also unlike New Dawn's actives these RoA (non EU) guys are not only STILL PAYING each month after well over a year, but they're dumping money into the cash shop

In terms of money made New Dawn is VASTLY behind despite having a far superior product

And even with all that extra $ BPG is literally struggling to pay just 2 full time Developers so i know Ub3rgames is likely in a rough spot, despite saving money on the Paris server hosting and being more efficient in general

You don't have to LIKE or even want to play with the RoA NA/SA/Jap/Aus players, but for New Dawn to be successful it NEEDS to entice anyone it can

Personally i'd gladly take some extra ping (as long as it was still close to 100 and under 150 which all of EU would be) in exchange for a higher population AND faster game development because Ub3rgames would have more income

• Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:00:47 pm by Battle Smurf