Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Progress Update July 26th 2018 (Read 2363 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: Progress Update July 26th 2018
Reply #45
Thanks for the update. Glad that play levels have stabilised/are increasing slightly. That would be our experience over the last month or so, with some breaks for holidays.
Tolbin, that has been "your experience" since launch or even inDev, you must have 100+ actives by now. Stop making stuff up.

Isnt Tolbin in OTG? Coz I played with those guys and they didnt even have 5 actives for villages 6 months ago let alone now.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #46
Anyone fail to understand why they don't post so much? All they get is a shitstorm of garbage. Devs, please keep on working on the game, and one of these days wipe these forums and eject the idiots.

Reply #47
Actually, close them down except for the occasional dev post- they no longer serve any useful purpose

Reply #48
Tolbin, you're fuckin retarded. There was plenty of constructive dialog when uber was actively communicating with the playerbase and showing real progress on the game. The darkfall community is notorious for imploding on itself during times of communication and development stagnation.

Here's a tldr of their post, "we haven't done shit in months, it may be months before we do any more shit, we don't understand why everyone's so mad"

"Oh, and it's too much effort to touch base with you guys more than once a month"
  • Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 03:28:19 am by Brown Dorf

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #49
Where's the guy who's in tolbin's clan? They have 250+ actives and growing since launch so Uber should be fine just off his members' subs
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #50
We're not justifying or excusing the fact we haven't communicated in a month.
The post saying "in a couple days" is a huge blunder. An example of why we don't post alone.
The simple explanation is that time flies when you have your head down rushing, and we got a big case of stupid.

Answering @cutsmyself 's post, but also addressing a general perception:
We either launched too soon or too late.

Completing "everything" for the end of InDev was never the plan.
Remember the context, and what we have actually announced and promised: Launching DFO as it was in 2012 and expand on it.
We have announced the direction well in advance, especially controversial topics, to let no one regret investing time in the project.

As a reminder, here is what we promised would be at the end of InDev:
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,164.0.html
Here is what we actually delivered:
https://darkfallnewdawn.com/roadmap/

We blurred the lines by feature creeping during InDev, and that was a rookie mistake.
While the game is objectively better for it, we squandered hype and are fighting against human perceptions.
Rather than getting a DFO++, people felt they were getting a DND--. hence our behavior since release.

We're trying to counter that feeling. We're keeping our heads down and focusing on patching.
Nevertheless, every extra week of InDev was a detriment to the game's chances of success.

By extension, this is also why people feel we are too slow, despite the work done per patch growing constitently.
We tackle more and more complex subjects, and yes, we will sometimes find some that are more complex than planned.
We really do need to continue this way, because only larger additions will be externally marketable.

That doesn't mean however that we're satisfied, hence our mentions at the end of the progress update of looking at opportunities.
Queue incoming reply in a thread about a meeting.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #51
Bindstone quests --> Watchtowers,racial fronts ( or whatever that promotes some group action other than VCPs) ---> Graphics & UI ( atleast like RoA) ---> Steam$$
Graphics & UI
You're right. This game is even a little out of Darkfall, because graphics and UI look bad.

Reply #52
i like uber and love DND,

Reply #53
Ub3r just keep sloggin away at it and ignore the know it all self absorbed entitled little bitches that cry on the forums daily. They will never be happy.

plenty of rational constructive posts to read

Reply #54
Gogo Uber- we all know who the trolls are.

I strongly recommend the use of the 'ignore' function.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #55
Ignore everyone including my 250+ actives just in my clan alone and counting
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #56
Tolbin, you're fuckin retarded. There was plenty of constructive dialog when uber was actively communicating with the playerbase and showing real progress on the game. The darkfall community is notorious for imploding on itself during times of communication and development stagnation.

Here's a tldr of their post, "we haven't done shit in months, it may be months before we do any more shit, we don't understand why everyone's so mad"

"Oh, and it's too much effort to touch base with you guys more than once a month"

Uber was clear that their frequency of communication would be reduced after launch. They are not native English speakers so every post has to be carefully reviewed due to the unwarranted paranoia on these forums- which only picked up after we had a bunch of ROA refugees join, the forums were quite civilised before that.

If you are determined to have a paranoid stance, it make no sense for you to be posting here. It is summer and really nice outside, perhaps you should consider experiencing that for a few months?

And obvious trolls I have you on ignore. New players, please put the negative nancys on ignore

Reply #57
And Brown you are now on my ignore list

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #58
When was the July-August holiday season over again ?
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #59
When was the July-August holiday season over again ?

They won't be back till September and they might even take part of that off....