Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Progress Update July 26th 2018 (Read 2359 times) previous topic - next topic

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Discussion: Progress Update July 26th 2018
Reply #30
Heh. Cya in winter then.

Reply #31
They dont comment and u guys shit all over them. They comment and you guys shit all over them.

Come on. We have a darkfall to play. Its not going away.

Just relax and play.... bored? Waiting...? *GASP* do something ELSE and check back.

They ask for constructive feedback and they get autistic kids with self ip ban announcements, threats, delusions, claims, etc... I hope they are as entertained as me by these people and dont take offense.

Chill out, get online, grab some armor, and go bang. Or not. The nice fellas at UBER dont owe YOU anything. Play their game if you want.

(IVAR , we are all still waiting for the pics from all the bragging. )

Reply #32
Thanks for the update. Glad that play levels have stabilised/are increasing slightly. That would be our experience over the last month or so, with some breaks for holidays.

Reply #33
@Ub3rgames You guys are funny.

Expansion #1:fix the economy
Real resource localization, npc markets that aren't tedious and terrible to use, more gold sinks [at this point since theres so much gold in the system a new currency  might be needed IE platinum pieces]

Expansion #2: make holdings worthwhile
Localized resources would help, bindstone quests will as well. What happened to the structers we were supposed to have to choose from to give the holdings different flavors?

Expansion #3: sea towers/ship combat changes
Speed ships up,  have more things to do with them in the open ocean. Make the kraken fight fun somehow.

Expansion #4: logistical support
Put tools in the marketplace for people willing to trade/move resources. Pack animals that can follow at different speeds and can carry different amounts.

Expansion 5: make all magic schools and melee weps viable

How about work on the "expansions" you promised would be ingame prelaunch before talking about new ones you might or might not be working on.

Basically you rushed the launch when the game wasn't even 50% ready and you get frustrated with your community when they call you out on it and want you to be accountable.  Then 6 months on you go on vacation and don't say shit for a month and its the communities fault? Wowwowwowwow the arrogance is off the charts.

You have a dream to develop this game, you've been working hard we know. Everyone needs a vacation thats true. However when you own a business sacrificing a vacation or 2 until you've got a working polished product that you promised you would provide 6 months ago might be a good idea.

I promise my customer  I'll have a house built by February and I'm still working on it in July, I tell the homeowner ill be back in a few days, then i disappear for a month. Come back, tell the homeowner I was working on the house behind the scenes but have nothing to show for it, then tell them they hurt my feelings with all the angry text msgs and voicemails they left?  This is basically what you did. My company wouldn't survive if i treated my customers like this. Why do you expect yours to?

Reposted from other thread.
  • Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:57:02 pm by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #34
@Ub3rgames
I promise my customer  I'll have a house built by February and I'm still working on it in July, I tell the homeowner ill be back in a few days, then i disappear for a month. Come back, tell the homeowner I was working on the house behind the scenes but have nothing to show for it, then tell them they hurt my feelings with all the angry text msgs and voicemails they left?  This is basically what you did. My company wouldn't survive if i treated my customers like this. Why do you expect yours to?

Sounds like pretty standard practice in the building trade

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
thanks for the information
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #36
Thanks for the update. Glad that play levels have stabilised/are increasing slightly. That would be our experience over the last month or so, with some breaks for holidays.

^

@Ub3rgames just have to master finding the spot between no communication and useless communication which is difficult to do when you have a community forum. Especially with the active amount of toxic trolls we have here.

Things need balancing ( the power of individual spell schools against each other vs. Everything else, and sieges ) Things you put in place system-wise is still really really good. I would like to know when that's going to happen only because you have a few things that are really out of whack balance wise.

Hopefully you guys are looking at a game like Warframe as a road map for how to steer a small Indie developed pvp F2P game into something much larger.

Edit- @Ub3rgames and for the love of God I hope you're not listening to 90% of the idiots in here who just troll the forum's all day long. @wildNothing  is a perfect example of somebody who I don't agree with the majority of time but the guy cares about the game and he doesn't attempt to just troll but offer concise ideas and suggestions. I hope you're actively separating the guys who don't play the game/never played but troll all day and the people still playing/stopped playing but don't post every single day crying- complaining Non-Stop when you weigh their opinion.
  • Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:37:07 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #37
They dont comment and u guys shit all over them. They comment and you guys shit all over them.

Come on. We have a darkfall to play. Its not going away.

Just relax and play.... bored? Waiting...? *GASP* do something ELSE and check back.

They ask for constructive feedback and they get autistic kids with self ip ban announcements, threats, delusions, claims, etc... I hope they are as entertained as me by these people and dont take offense.

Chill out, get online, grab some armor, and go bang. Or not. The nice fellas at UBER dont owe YOU anything. Play their game if you want.

Well said. All I can add is that we need more real trolls and less of these dramaqueens on the forums. Make it so.
===You can't have manslaughter without laughter===

Reply #38
Tolbin, that has been "your experience" since launch or even inDev, you must have 100+ actives by now. Stop making stuff up.
  • Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:27:27 pm by fitteslim
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #39
In my guild ("not elitist"), our numbers are nearer of the previsions of Ub3r. We losed 95% of our roster since the start. And we kept 0,1% of all the new players who have tried the game (even if we had all they need to start the game in good conditions...no need of market or alt etc....)

Reply #40
In my guild ("not elitist"), our numbers are nearer of the previsions of Ub3r. We losed 95% of our roster since the start. And we kept 0,1% of all the new players who have tried the game (even if we had all they need to start the game in good conditions...no need of market or alt etc....)

Not to be rude, but is that english your speaking? Its makes no sense to me.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #41
In response to Iambda's post:
This is precisely why trashing the devs and the game is a problem.  They are just working hard and you have to go and shit it up.  If you don't like the game or the devs, just GO THE FUCK AWAY.  Jesus Christ.

Reply #42
@Ub3rgames You guys are funny.

You have a dream to develop this game, you've been working hard we know. Everyone needs a vacation thats true. However when you own a business sacrificing a vacation or 2 until you've got a working polished product that you promised you would provide 6 months ago might be a good idea.

Do you seriously think not having vacations would do shit in a longer run? It isnt exacty a final push, i personally feel like there is at least two years worth of developement time on horizon here. I dont understand how people dont get it, asking, demanding, expecting, working yourself to exhaustion etc, NONE of this does anything at all to change the snail pace.

I know its sad, some big AAA company could fix this up  in no time(months) wo putting any real dent in their finances, while for Uber, like i suspect, it will probably be years. And there is nothing to be done about it? Or perhaps turn DND into Roberts Space Industry analogue? Id personally say no, not that route, and DND lacks wide enough of audience anyway.

So amids all this, clever boys and girls, what exactly woild be your solution to summon 10 times the workforce to where there is no money?

Like someone said, take a deep breath and do something else for a while.

Reply #43

Not to be rude, but is that english your speaking? Its makes no sense to me.

My Apologies if you don't understand.

New try:
35-45 players at launch ----> 3 now

Or in troll mode: game is dead.

Reply #44

@kingwae112
Brightlocker is something we were experimenting with prior to launch but didn't really get any follow up.
Can you please have your friend contact us by private message to see how we can remedy or deliver on the purchase.
Thank you for bringing it up.

This is a good response to be fair, I would suggest you close your page with that site asap also then if you don't wish to follow up on any of the offers!

@Ub3rgames