Skip to main content

Topic: Prove to me that race wars are the way forward (Read 158 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: The calm before t...

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Prove to me that race wars are the way forward
Who cares, look at what you guys have at face value. If development is going too slow, take a break and continue debating shit you'd like to see and how you'd like to see it implemented. I'm still waiting for a fanboy to explain to me how they think "race wars"  and "racial warfronts" will function.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Re: Prove to me that race wars are the way forward
Reply #1
I'm still waiting for a fanboy to explain to me how they think "race wars"  and "racial warfronts" will function.
What do you mean? You can see race wars in action in DND already. Concept is good and it works. It introduces meaning to the game that was perceived as meaningless pvp arena. But @Ub3rgames need to change villages and ARAC alliances mechanics to make it work fully, now you can see only glimpses of race wars, but they are there.

Reply #2
To change ARAC alliances into gray, they first need to implement Alliances as an entity, not as a one-way diplomatic status

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #3
To change ARAC alliances into gray, they first need to implement Alliances as an entity, not as a one-way diplomatic status
Well, this was suggested, but why do you think it can't be done with current implementation?

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I'm still waiting for a fanboy to explain to me how they think "race wars"  and "racial warfronts" will function.
What do you mean? You can see race wars in action in DND already. Concept is good and it works. It introduces meaning to the game that was perceived as meaningless pvp arena. But @Ub3rgames need to change villages and ARAC alliances mechanics to make it work fully, now you can see only glimpses of race wars, but they are there.
Exactly my point. Ass backwards village system is counterproductive. Too many fanboys come on here saying pop will pick up once "racial warfronts" or "race wars" are implemented but no one can tell me why they believe that to be true.

If I'm to believe the glimpses of what I'm seeing currently are to be expanded upon, then it's doomed to fail especially because there still aren't proper punishments for associating with players of another race. Perfect example is at the last two sieges I was a blue Alfar helping wolves/orcs/human/dwarves against blue Alfars and I didn't even need to go grey since my CCs were just "blank hits" so wof come hither was just being rinse repeated.

Pipe dream in my opinion
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #5
Well, this was suggested, but why do you think it can't be done with current implementation?
There's two ways to implement it now, and both fail / are exploitable. Let's say we have 2 clans, A is pure Alfar and has no holdings, B is ARAC and owns a holding.
Solution 1: A and B both need to ally each other for A to go gray
problem: B allies A, A doesn't ally back. A can use B's holding to full effect (towers won't attack, bank open to "allies", can even bind there), yet A doesn't become gray.

Solution 2: one-way allying is enough to go gray
problem: ARAC clan C comes along and allies all of server to grief everyone into being gray

Reply #6
There's two ways to implement it now, and both fail / are exploitable. Let's say we have 2 clans, A is pure Alfar and has no holdings, B is ARAC and owns a holding.
Solution 1: A and B both need to ally each other for A to go gray
problem: B allies A, A doesn't ally back. A can use B's holding to full effect (towers won't attack, bank open to "allies", can even bind there), yet A doesn't become gray.

Solution 2: one-way allying is enough to go gray
problem: ARAC clan C comes along and allies all of server to grief everyone into being gray
Well, what your examples show is definitely not that we need separate entity for alliance (but it would be good and clean solution). To prevent both your scenarios all they have to change is to make ally only become a thing when both sides change status to allied. No separate entity needed for that.

Reply #7
A proper alliance entity would also allow allies to get VCP rewards together (until such a time VCPs are tied in with RvR).

Reply #8
A proper alliance entity would also allow allies to get VCP rewards together (until such a time VCPs are tied in with RvR).
Yes, for that separate entity would be definitely best solution. But still, they can just change how clans are arranged on vcp - so if there is already a clan on vcp, that you are allied to, your clan just lands in the same position, after comma, so you have one percentage bar only still for alliance. And then reward is split between clans that took vcp together. Split, not multiplied, this is important IMO.
  • Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:31:32 am by wildNothing

Reply #9
Exactly my point. Ass backwards village system is counterproductive. Too many fanboys come on here saying pop will pick up once "racial warfronts" or "race wars" are implemented but no one can tell me why they believe that to be true.

If I'm to believe the glimpses of what I'm seeing currently are to be expanded upon, then it's doomed to fail especially because there still aren't proper punishments for associating with players of another race. Perfect example is at the last two sieges I was a blue Alfar helping wolves/orcs/human/dwarves against blue Alfars and I didn't even need to go grey since my CCs were just "blank hits" so wof come hither was just being rinse repeated.

Pipe dream in my opinion
Dont worry, only thing needed to address all your concerns is perma gray for ARAC ally. It will happen sooner or later, I'm sure.

Reply #10
What I'd like to see from race wars is something like a Land tower similar to Sea towers between the borders of each racial territory. The Race that caps it gets some sort of bonus for all blues of that race, examples could be +1% med, reduced tax on markets, special items available from NPC like party hats or fireworks :)

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
What I'd like to see from race wars is something like a Land tower similar to Sea towers between the borders of each racial territory. The Race that caps it gets some sort of bonus for all blues of that race, examples could be +1% med, reduced tax on markets, special items available from NPC like party hats or fireworks :)
Expand on this because I like where you're going with it

Reply #12
They should go full retard and not even allow arac allies or clans and FORCE rvr

Don't even allow tells or common chat tabs between races.  Alienate them. They are the enemy.

Reply #13
Expand on this because I like where you're going with it

I think there is lots of ways to do it but personally I would take advantage of it and use it as a gold sink. To keep it simple I would do it like Sea tower (last hit wins) however you can only damage the land tower with special battlespikes bought from the racial capitals. which ever race wins get a facility to buy loot boxes from the capital for gold, there could be 5 tiers and each contains a selection of rare materials but there is a cap on how many you can buy. To encourage large battles or events the land towers should be infrequent, I would say six land Towers with one going live then the next goes live 6 days later and so on.

Reply #14
Who cares, look at what you guys have at face value. If development is going too slow, take a break and continue debating shit you'd like to see and how you'd like to see it implemented. I'm still waiting for a fanboy to explain to me how they think "race wars"  and "racial warfronts" will function.

From the brief glance at the race wars breakdown I read like 6 months ago it's going to be small designated areas that link together (watch towers) where the battle sides are racial based. So technically you should be able to log online see on the map where the contested Frontline is and join the fight versus your racial adversary similar to showing up at a Siege and joining the attackers or Defenders with scaling rewards. It will be a three-sided fight, racial allies,  racial enemies, and red characters at every contested point as you help your side capture ever-expanding territory into the other races territory.

Hopefully it will add some type of minor bonus like Holdings ( health regen or Stam regen ) along those lines in your captured area the Beyond starting area.

If I had to guess- the few remaining problems that are still unsolved are probably holding these up, specifically proper designation of Blue and Gray in contested areas specific to your racial Alliance and how Clans Allied to each other with different alignments interact.

Edit- the other big problem they're going to have to tackle since you're adding objects to the world and I'm guessing they're attempting to do it right now is how the game engine uses hit detection. Java is amazing for a lot of things but when it can't reference an answer it tends to do really shity things. Like getting stuck on bushes and when mounts come in contact with other mounts. You get what we have now which is basically you have to log off because you're in like a static Loop

Edit 2- some of that I'm just guessing by looking at what their setting up. I could be totally wrong. Not a fan boy but I believe in encouraging them- they are doing a great job design wise, if the pace is extremely trying.  There is a reason why most studios are 40-plus people with a multi-million dollar budget.
  • Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:13:57 am by Ivar_theBoneless