Skip to main content

Topic: Allow combat title books to go 100 (Read 305 times) previous topic - next topic

Allow combat title books to go 100
Allow combat title books to raise to 100.

5pts per the whole way or 2.5 after 50, i don't really care. But give a way to instantly swap with a gold sink.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Re: Allow combat title books to go 100
Reply #1
or have 1-100 only take 1 month

Reply #2
At 50 title you unlock all signatures and 50% of bonuses. That's plenty good already.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #3
At 50 title you unlock all signatures and 50% of bonuses. That's plenty good already.
50% bonus is same magnitude as malus you get. It's basically even for a melee archer who uses bruiser, sniper, etc.

There is no reason to wait for another month for full effect, if you can farm (farm for) those title books that's another reason to be logged in, and not just meditate something slow and forget the game for a month.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #4
I agree with @Wyverex

Combat title books were introduced to make a test of a different build possible. So you quickly go to 50 (unlock signatures) and decide. If you don't like it you go back to your old build not losing much of its progress.

It only goes to 50, because otherwise people would be able to completely change builds on the fly and this is something ub3r is against. I can understand this considering the goal is to create mmorpg game and not arena shooter.

Reply #5
or have 1-100 only take 1 month

It is what we have with the current system. 1-50 with books then 50-100 in one month. Seems balanced.

As a reminder instant swapping titles is the same as no titles.

Reply #6
As a reminder instant swapping titles is the same as no titles.
This is not true. Titles serve a role of skill cap.

Reply #7
Instant swapping skill cap is the same as no skill cap.   :D

Reply #8
Instant swapping skill cap is the same as no skill cap.   :D
No. You would have to open GUI, compose new titles, apply it. Then you would have to read 10 books to get both signatures. You can't do it during fight every time you want to use different signature spell.

So no, even with ability to "instantly" change builds there would be a skill cap anyways.
  • Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:57:07 pm by wildNothing

Reply #9
I agree with Pallist.

There should not be a penalty for swapping builds.

Reply #10
5pts for 0-50, 2.5 pts for 50-75, 1 pts for 75-100

Reply #11
5pts for 0-50, 2.5 pts for 50-75, 1 pts for 75-100
I'd be okay with it, but I'd then ask for books to be 10kg each. No instant build change mid encounter
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #12
As player who has eaten hundreds of yitle books... yes, so much yes. Title books are a huge gold sink to me. I have bought nearly all title books priced 1-4k in alfar markets. To 100!

Reply #13
Combat Titles books have plummeted in price in Charybdis, to around 1250g.  This is because the supply GREATLY outpaces the demand, and will always do so at the current drop rates.

If Ub3r make the books have the same "diminishing yields" as the Spell Scool books (e.g. reading a book yields only one point at the highest skill levels), it'll create much more demand/use.   Rather than the current situation where our banks are clogged with books that are literally useless.
  • Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:34:55 pm by Rimamok