Skip to main content

Topic: LOCALITY (Read 681 times) previous topic - next topic

LOCALITY
is there anyone living in their local region farming what that has to offer and trading a surplus for other things you need?

Re: LOCALITY
Reply #1
I've played since launch, and I haven't found a player/clan that fits your criteria yet :(
I hope someone proves me wrong.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
is there anyone living in their local region farming what that has to offer and trading a surplus for other things you need?

Players get everything themselves because:
- markets are useless (as gold is useless)
- population is too small (so there is close to zero risk that you will die when you go yourself to remote areas to farm whatever you need)
- no content (there is nothing to do, so even long trip and farming of needed materials is perceived more as a content and less as a hassle)

Community suggested many times to introduce more gold sinks. Population and content are connected and we can't do much about it, it's in ub3rgames hands.
  • Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:59:25 am by wildNothing

Reply #3
You know what's funny? This worked in UW where both markets and banks were global. Localization killed by localization ROFL THE VISION, well done Ub3rdead games.

Reply #4
gold is useless

it is if u only use r60's or play mage

people would sell gear on market but nobody wants to buy it because its always set at 10x of crafting price so nobody bothers trying to sell it

Reply #5
Gold is useless because markets are local, and you have to travel to pick up the stuff you bought. You want something and you want it here and now, not other location and later.

That is what gold should be for.

By the time you gather up your goods, you could as well find a crafter, order 10-20 and not bother with that for some time.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #6
Its weird how everyone says gold is worthles yet im buying and selling things for gold (on and off markets) all the time. I also do a lot of trading for regional items from people who either live somewhere or are just farming there and grabbing something they know ill pay well for when in the neighborhood.  Ive gotten fiend claw and ghost taint from yassam , q4 hoar frost from niff and even q2 bile from elf/wolf lands all bought for gold as well as traded with TTD for regional mats in their area (cel fey eye sylv life and beast tooth) for mats from my area and I sell 100ks a week easy for gold as well.

l2trade ;)
  • Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:42:03 pm by Mycke

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Trade and markets only work for those who can devote 6+ hours a day to the game. The more time and alts you can devote, the more you can achieve your wildest darkfall dreams.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #8
Everyone has 3 different split personalities that run their 3 alts that have crafting skills wich took hundreds if not thousands of hours to level
And plays the game all day everyday

L2trade noobs huehuehue
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #9
can't wait for buy orders

Reply #10
A bit off topic from what Opening Post is talking about, but close to the subject of locality and localized banks...

From my personal experience, I have experienced two very different things in regards to local banks.
First was going from Alfar lands to Cairn, bringing supplies with me to wage war - it was great; required planing, guarding supplies, was fun
One could say local banking is a good feature when looking at that

Second one is everyday doing things around Alfar lands, where all the different banks are so close, but it's just an annoying chore bringing stuff around.
So, it kinda ends up being a bad feature.
But I'd prefer if the world (racial areas) was changed (distance between cities increased, guard towers not instant death for anyone who comes close, etc) instead of having regional banks.

Reply #11
A bit off topic from what Opening Post is talking about, but close to the subject of locality and localized banks...

From my personal experience, I have experienced two very different things in regards to local banks.
First was going from Alfar lands to Cairn, bringing supplies with me to wage war - it was great; required planing, guarding supplies, was fun
One could say local banking is a good feature when looking at that

Second one is everyday doing things around Alfar lands, where all the different banks are so close, but it's just an annoying chore bringing stuff around.
So, it kinda ends up being a bad feature.
But I'd prefer if the world (racial areas) was changed (distance between cities increased, guard towers not instant death for anyone who comes close, etc) instead of having regional banks.

They could have the siege equipment to be local and other stuff shared between banks or racial banks at least. Same for markets.

I understand that preparing for a siege can be fun, but preparing for a farming trip...
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #12
I wasn't just bringing siege equipment, I was also bringing 50ish armor sets, 10k of each reagent, 30k arrows, lots of weapons.
It's kind of a fun feature, if you do it once in a month. Doing it more often would be hella annoying though.

Reply #13
I know for some locality doesnt seem to add anything but for many it does, the logistics of moving a lot of value has that 'edge' people want from DF and though some of us are adrenaline junkies that need more, many people get somewhat of a rush just from the risk of logistics.

To me the real issue is there is no good way to move large weights across land, so when I moved from Sorgom to Shoal I really had no choice but to overweight my main with like 75000kg and millions in gold value and just slow walk/bunny hop, which I find to be an immersion killer.

What would be way better is carts we could hook up to a battle horn that prevent it from sprinting and can pull like 20k kg for i would have happily made 4 trips that way over one bunny hopping.
  • Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:43:34 pm by Mycke

Reply #14
If there was global bank I'd destroy everyone's bank every day.

Think about a life with no banks.