Skip to main content

Topic: Bindstone Quests for Med Pts and Reward items needed to save New Dawn (Read 732 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bindstone Quests for Med Pts and Reward items needed to save New Dawn
Reply #15
I don't know....honestly i found meditation actually too easy to come by since the patch where they improved chaos chest rewards. Then they also put in champions which are a good soure of meditation too.
Between chaos chest, champions and the occasional key i find myself with a lot of spare meditation actually....i even stopped doing the daily quest and i haven't even prayed back the alignement that i lost 2 weeks ago.
It's true i also go to villages so maybe that's why i have no problems.
What i know for sure is that, before the chaos chest changes and the champions i had problems with med too (and when i lost alignement once, it was a pain in the ass to keep up) and i was doing villages back then too.

On the TTK being too low, though, i agree. I would like to see the TTK increased a bit by lowering overall dmg output from all sources

Currently VCPS gives the most med points and if you want a normal sleeping and working schedule you cant really try to capture 2 VCPS per day and that is if you actually win versus other players at that VCP. I want tons more med points options for all players, more choices and ways to play in a sandbox will get you more paying subs not limited choices, there are ton load of other MMOs out there for players to pick from with better options.

New Dawn cant go wrong with putting alot more choices and options for the casual new players, the most important change and feature for veterans is more casual players at this moment in development.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #16

I kind of agree, but if you're a 2 hour/day player then you are more than likely doing the NPC quests and hourly quests to work on your skills plus build up some Med points anyway.  That's what they're there for.  I've only been playing for a couple weeks and that's pretty much what I do.  Plus I farm certain locations for reagents since I'm a caster which will pop up a champion that will give a little Med points as well.  I haven't run out of Med points but maybe I need to monitor it to see if they're going up or if I'm running out.  I feel your pain though, most games ignore working people, who are the ones that will generally stick to a game if they like it.  I played Darkfall solo for that very reason and it was BRUTAL.  Have to say though, the Darkfall world itself is impressive.

some skills and stats at the high end like 95-100 takes about 40,000 med pts a day to move about 3 points.. I think
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #17
Currently there is no way for casual players or new players or veterans to get med points on our personal playtimes unless we all decide to stay at npc lands and do npc quests.
Why did ub3rgames not realize this problems for 6 months after release. They are forcing pvp ontot he playerbase to get med points purely from VCPs. Even in an PvP game forcing pvp is not the right thing a dev team should do, PVP should happen organically due to players always out doing pve or other fun things not directly looking for pvp.

The devs priority to balance magic schools and its pure focus on New Dawn being this PVP oriented game development has hurt it attraction to the new and casual players of MMOS who have yet to try darkfall. Even i like most veterans can not recommend this game currently to any new players for fear of them quitting after a few weeks and never coming back.

Focus on more casual content Devs, all your doing balancing magic schools is making it stronger and making Time to Kill within 10-11 seconds, might as well go back to playing DOOM or Call of Duty.

Meditation points are extremely easy to get. And if you move off the mainland to one of the far Islands, that in itself implies you know enough about the game to get what's required (med, gear, etc)

A few new guys in our Clan are getting 30K mediation points a day doing the cycle in elf lands.

Game is still great for new players man, just gotta stay calm. I've said it before and I'll say it again this is why they called it a soft launch, we are finally past the first 6 months,  there's a lot of things in game the new players can still enjoy.

You got to look at this game as a whole and development is heading in the wrong direction in terms of pvp balance and terms of maintaining new players past the first month. They are also been focusing development on the wrong features which is mainly pvp related.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #18
The problem with these devs is, they thought this game is mostly fine, just needs less grind and some other tweaks here and there. So they released some sort of minimum viable product and thought it's going to be all good. In reality, in 2018, this game needs major overhauls in everey aspect, they need to finish their whole roadmap at very least and thats years ahead.

Reply #19
The problem with these devs is, they thought this game is mostly fine, just needs less grind and some other tweaks here and there. So they released some sort of minimum viable product and thought it's going to be all good. In reality, in 2018, this game needs major overhauls in everey aspect, they need to finish their whole roadmap at very least and thats years ahead.

Well i for one think they can just add a handful of changes like 5 core features and changes and this game would be alot more fun and attractive for casuals and non hardcore pvp gamers, ive been preaching it for years since 2009. My tag line has always been ' Just because its full loot pvp game doesnt mean players want to die or lose their shit every day in a stupid way "
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
At minimum they should add a second aspect to the character customization menu similar to the barber shops that let you change your hairstyle. Basically make that second aspect straight be an online store that lets you start buying cool skins, sandals, capes, fucking mini visual of the necro casting animation that always follows you around your feet, consumable mount skins that replace your horse horns with sithra style ones etc. Charge like $2, $5 and shit and this community would be throwing so much fucking money at them.

I personally would start playing again simply to just buy shit from a cash shop to pimp my characters out and not even care to play the TravelFall game in its current state. I'd just sit in Hintenfau afk with my guy decked the fuck out and just rebuy any of the shit I lost if I got jumped while I was gone
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #21
At minimum they should add a second aspect to the character customization menu similar to the barber shops that let you change your hairstyle. Basically make that second aspect straight be an online store that lets you start buying cool skins, sandals, capes, fucking mini visual of the necro casting animation that always follows you around your feet, consumable mount skins that replace your horse horns with sithra style ones etc. Charge like $2, $5 and shit and this community would be throwing so much fucking money at them.

I personally would start playing again simply to just buy shit from a cash shop to pimp my characters out and not even care to play the TravelFall game in its current state. I'd just sit in Hintenfau afk with my guy decked the fuck out and just rebuy any of the shit I lost if I got jumped while I was gone

That needs art and 3d graphics proficiency, they obviously do not have that.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

That needs art and 3d graphics proficiency, they obviously do not have that.
Yeah, fucking sad all it takes is adding a cash grab shop that lets players pay money to be different and instead we got armor and titles
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #23
Currently VCPS gives the most med points and if you want a normal sleeping and working schedule you cant really try to capture 2 VCPS per day and that is if you actually win versus other players at that VCP. I want tons more med points options for all players, more choices and ways to play in a sandbox will get you more paying subs not limited choices, there are ton load of other MMOs out there for players to pick from with better options.

New Dawn cant go wrong with putting alot more choices and options for the casual new players, the most important change and feature for veterans is more casual players at this moment in development.
As i said, i play just at night max 2-3 hours per day, and not every day (nor everyday i go to villages/win them) and had no problem at all to keep my meditation up since the beginning. Since chaos chest patch, i don't even actively farm meditation, it just comes by with champions, keys and chaos chests.
If i really need some more med i can do the daily quests or the hunt quest to get some more.
I think there are already quite a bunch of ways for a casual to get meditation without even worrying about VCPs and with the bindstone quests that will be even more true.

P.s: your point that it takes 40k med to raise something from 95-100 is quite moot since you are claiming to be asking for ways for casual/new player to get meds....and raising something 95-100 is not actually what i would consider a new player..

Reply #24
Problem is - mages need their schools at 100 to get Intensify and last few spells.
So casuals can play Fighters and never ever worry about meditation, but mages need quite a bit more meditation to catch up.

As for getting meditation - it's very easy if you're living on mainland. If you're living on Islands, you need to get an occasional VCP.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #25

This plus a gnome gambling hall in midmap with poker and blackjack for gold

Have the gnome dealer collect a small percentage of rake in the poker games to act as an additional gold sink

I'd probably just log in and play that and talk shit until there was something guaranteed for PvP happening

Also the best feature @Ub3rgames could EVER add to New Dawn is voice over IP

The fact that neither company acknowledges how worthwhile and game changing in game voice coms would be for Darkfall is just further proof of their ineptitude

I hate to be an armchair Dev, but fuck me if I don't believe I could actually turn this project around if given control over some marketing decisions and feature priorities

It frustrates the shit out of me knowing how badly Darkfalls potential has been wasted

We should be pulling 2k daily concurrent users at a minimum. There are literally hundreds of objectively worse games pulling way more actives

It's almost like you would have to intentionally PLAN to do this badly with this product

The niche has proven to be there and there has been very little competition so why is Ub3rgames failing?