Skip to main content

Topic: Communication (Read 778 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Communication
Reply #15
As always it would be much better to come out and admit that yes perhaps  summer and vacations are affecting the schedule and activity. Which i assume is the issue here. Most would understand, or i would at least. Small team isnt something like hundred plus behemoth unaffected by seasons, time zones and real life.

And if you dont, speculations will run rampart, even "engineers" or especially them, should have no trouble seeing it and find time to honestly explain what is going on.
But if that's the case why not just say so?

"Hey boys and girl we're taking a break for the summer. Looking forward to coming back with some fresh energy in August."

Beats me.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
If there isn't communication or a patch this Friday I'm going to struggle mightily to keep the clan interested.  We are already offering free gear to show up to duels, sieging every other night now and still have very poor retention rates for daily activity. 

VCP's don't cut it and hardly anybody is motivated to travel for them despite my pointing out all the clusters around the world that go live near each other and how one could travel between them to always have a cluster of VCP's in their prime time.   That shit requires logistics most players aren't willing to put in the time for.

It's hard to remain optimistic in the face of a month of silence.
I feel ya man. This game requires leaders to create and motivate so much content that gets more difficult with lower populations
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #17
Will be interesting what the reason for this long communication break is.

I'd wager the two of them picked the fortnight for their vacations. Leaving no one at the helm other than their mom's, who has been left instructions on how to turn off and on their server for restarts.

Reply #18

they have put their 10.000 Euros (got from the DF "community") to a bookmaker. All in - that France will win the World Championship 2018. So, they wait.  :-\
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #19

they have put their 10.000 Euros (got from the DF "community") to a bookmaker. All in - that France will win the World Championship 2018. So, they wait.  :-\

Best theory so far.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20

Best theory so far.
Oh shit. That actually makes sense especially if they placed it at the group stage. These guys might be coming back with like a hundred grand which is why they've been banging high end hookers and drinking champagne every night France advances
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #21
Why do people blame the summer like people take 3 month long vacations during this time?

Anybody that I know that is trying to run a small business is working 80-100 hour work weeks with very little break. But you guys are like 'hey summer's here. they are taking a several month long vacation while their product spirals to oblivion.' I don't know a job in the world that allows you to have 3 months of vacation banked up so you can take an entire season off. Maybe you take a week off and go on vacation. Maybe 2 weeks. Not entire months.
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Why do people blame the summer like people take 3 month long vacations during this time?

Anybody that I know that is trying to run a small business is working 80-100 hour work weeks with very little break. But you guys are like 'hey summer's here. they are taking a several month long vacation while their product spirals to oblivion.' I don't know a job in the world that allows you to have 3 months of vacation banked up so you can take an entire season off. Maybe you take a week off and go on vacation. Maybe 2 weeks. Not entire months.
Yeah, no shit man. The summer excuse is lame and if anything, if you're taking that long of a vacation then you'd literally be glued to darkfall if it was a good game.
By the way, my wife is a school teacher here in California and she gets 2 months and 3 weeks off. And no, she doesn't play darkfall nor would I ever be with a chick who did play video games

Reply #23

Beyond SomeBS's example, there are tons of seasonal jobs out there where you get many months off.  Tree planting, salmon fishing, wilderness guides, etc etc etc etc

But I do fully agree with your point about working long hours if you're trying to start up a business.  To do otherwise is just utterly foolish and will doom your fledgling enterprise.

Or, you can take 2 years to do 8 months work and then get emotional and quiet when it crashes down, that's another strategy.

Reply #24
Or, you can take 2 years to do 8 months work and then get emotional and quiet when it crashes down, that's another strategy.
Yeah Marc was a bit whiny in PM's last time I wrote to him (month+ ago)
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Affiliated Mandrake Dealers

Reply #25

Because they're children mentally if not physically... they still view the world in school 3 month summer vacation terms LMAO

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26

Beyond SomeBS's example
Lmfao

Reply #27
Finding only 2000 concurrent users should not matter if it is summer, winter, tornado, 3 am.  It's not like we are looking for hundred of thousands players :)

Reply #28
maybe their heads and hands have shrunk and they cant type
could be anything

Reply #29

But no one explictly mentioned 3 months? Things moved less than month ago. Anyway its just a theory, try to imagine 3-4 people scheduling vacations, week at the time or in full, the pace would still significantly suffer. Especially as the work often overlaps from under one expertise to another.

Not trying to defend them, just as bummed as everyone else about this. And i really hope its not the worst case scenario.