Skip to main content

Topic: We need a full wipe (of the General Discussion forums) (Read 974 times) previous topic - next topic

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: We need a full wipe
Reply #15
8/10

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #16
Topic is: We need a full wipe of the General Discussion area of the forums

Btw

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Topic is: We need a full wipe of the General Discussion area of the forums

Btw
3/4 of his lines have nothing to do with the general chat section of the forums.

The rest are all topics others chose to debate because he left himself open to it.

Still waiting for the best shroom chewer fanboy to tell me what racial "warfronts" are going to look like because aparantly that's exactly what will bring our population back.

Would love for someone to try and give me an example to start shutting down their pipe dream.
... of the General Discussion area of the forums
Scrub those shit stains off the bowl.

Apart from that we just need warfronts and things will be fine and the people will surge.

What we want is a lot more, what we need is just that territory control.
I hope that's what you are doing at the moment.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #18
I'm a brand new player enjoying darkfall.  I did some research and am ok with the low population.  I understand it will never be the glory days experience.  I was playing DAOC so I had that.

If you really have any faith in new people coming the negative crap some post non stop is definitely not helping.  Chill with the saltmine crap.  You guys are all so professional and knowledgeable open your own server and make it better.

Oh you won't?

Now in terms of new shit I don't know shit so I'm down for whatever adds more people or spices it up.

Reply #19
I'm a brand new player enjoying darkfall.  I did some research and am ok with the low population.  I understand it will never be the glory days experience.  I was playing DAOC so I had that.

If you really have any faith in new people coming the negative crap some post non stop is definitely not helping.  Chill with the saltmine crap.  You guys are all so professional and knowledgeable open your own server and make it better.

Oh you won't?

Now in terms of new shit I don't know shit so I'm down for whatever adds more people or spices it up.

Thats great to hear Zintair.
And you are right about the negativity of these posts. I dont know why any of these 'fans' hang out here spewing all day, but its the darkfall way. kinda a phenomenon of delusion. And this used to be a pretty positive forum (for a darkfall forum) during indev.
You have to realize the majority of these negative people played the game 18 hours a day and they are very hurt because they want to live in Darkfall but cant.
I too am enjoying myself these days.

Reply #20

Oh you won't?

Thats great to hear Zintair.
And you are right about the negativity of these posts. I dont know why any of these 'fans' hang out here spewing all day, but its the darkfall way. kinda a phenomenon of delusion. And this used to be a pretty positive forum (for a darkfall forum) during indev.
You have to realize the majority of these negative people played the game 18 hours a day and they are very hurt because they want to live in Darkfall but cant.
I too am enjoying myself these days.

I definitely see that and I know their frustration I've Seen experienced this in other games.  It's all good though, just when a solid discussion is happening the detail hits hard lol.

More toward the OP to avoid my own derail lol I am not sure how or what a warfront is but it sounds dope.

I am hoping they release something more concrete for the immediate future in more detail then the road map.
  • Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:16:12 pm by Zintair

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Solid discussions came and went boys. Once Ub3r over promised and vastly underdelivered their launch, they lost many great people who provided them their feedback during indev. We need like 40 more @Zintair players to come along and continue the feedback train so many others have felt burned or burned out on. Until then, if the forum negativity outweighs the positives, please don't think it's because the game is actually doing great and there are people trying to bring it down. It's merely the realizations of so much shit that needs to be addressed and the indev being cut off too soon. Good luck turning this thing around and get on recruiting your boys Zintair because you're going to want them here to help
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #22
Solid discussions came and went boys. Once Ub3r over promised and vastly underdelivered their launch, they lost many great people who provided them their feedback during indev. We need like 40 more @Zintair players to come along and continue the feedback train so many others have felt burned or burned out on. Until then, if the forum negativity outweighs the positives, please don't think it's because the game is actually doing great and there are people trying to bring it down. It's merely the realizations of so much shit that needs to be addressed and the indev being cut off too soon. Good luck turning this thing around and get on recruiting your boys Zintair because you're going to want them here to help

I'd dare say you are closer to the truth than I'd like to admit I always found in my humble 20 years of MMOs that it was always the community that kept me going more than the actual MMO itself.  Granted a very small and bleeding community isn't a good sign well shit lol.

I'm enjoying the game and found some people who enjoy it still a ton regardless of condition.  Hopefully some new changes come over the summer and like I said maybe spice things up.

Reply #23
If New Dawn is ever to be populated it will need to be finished then wiped and relaunched in 2019

It won't matter how much they improve the game without a wipe you aren't getting a huge influx of activity/ new people

Ub3rgames will never do it though, they already proved to be incompetent at marketing with the Paris server location

Reply #24
Are you saying that expansions never bring people to games?

Ub3r had InDev

Ub3r then drew a line in the sand and said no more wipes

Ub3r realised that the game is now effectively InDev #2, but said hey if you want to play, have fun, we wont charge you and we wont wipe again

Warfronts will see us effectively feature complete, then they will market and grow the game.

Either enjoy the game during InDev #2 or don't, your call, but please stop being whiney shits.
Post suggestions in suggestions.

Yes its taking longer than we want, but they are doing it in a sustainable way.
Word of mouth will be important, do you think Fortnite's success came from its advertising budget?

Lets hope we have some news from the devs soon.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: We need a full wipe (of the General Discussion forums)
Reply #25
Warfronts will see us effectively feature complete, then they will market and grow the game.
What are "warfronts" and why do you think your verion of them will give our game a population boon?

These forums were very positive because the game was taking on local banking and removal of fast travel which had never been attempted in other iterations. The biggest and ongoing meme throughout the history of these forums is blowhards saying "roadmap" "local banking corrects all" (I was even a beliver in it myself having not tried it yet), "titles makes the game less stale" (only added tedium and altfall) and my favorite meme of all is "warfronts is end all be all".

When people play devil's advocate on here and would say local banking and removal of fast travel would be tedious the fanboys laughed them out the door. Now that they've come here to gloat you simply just say "warfronts hurr durr roadmap" yet no one can tell me or any of the "dead game tards" how or why these mysterious "warfronts" will function or why you think they will make the game "feature complete" to where we'd get at least the people who left to return and enjoy the game (don't even get me started on how shit the NPE still is).

Pipe Dreams

Reply #26
PLS DONT WIPE OR ILL QUIT
 Retard who enjoys playing with 50 other retards here btw, games perfectly fine i get 2v2s at villages but havent seen anyone at a mobspawn in months
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #27
Notice a trend that's been happening ever since DFO was released ?

Hope hope hope hope hope.

Nothing will fix this game, you can have all the hope you want but it wont change a thing.

Reply #28
What are "warfronts" and why do you think your verion of them will give our game a population boon?

These forums were very positive because the game was taking on local banking and removal of fast travel which had never been attempted in other iterations. The biggest and ongoing meme throughout the history of these forums is blowhards saying "roadmap" "local banking corrects all" (I was even a beliver in it myself having not tried it yet), "titles makes the game less stale" (only added tedium and altfall) and my favorite meme of all is "warfronts is end all be all".

When people play devil's advocate on here and would say local banking and removal of fast travel would be tedious the fanboys laughed them out the door. Now that they've come here to gloat you simply just say "warfronts hurr durr roadmap" yet no one can tell me or any of the "dead game tards" how or why these mysterious "warfronts" will function or why you think they will make the game "feature complete" to where we'd get at least the people who left to return and enjoy the game (don't even get me started on how shit the NPE still is).

Pipe Dreams

Warfronts (in whatever form they decide to add them) will add territory control and content.
Based on their history, Uber will produce a solid well thought out patch.

People hanging to the side will come back to try it.
If they like it, that's great, if they don't then the game is in trouble.
Should people like it, word of mouth will grow the game.
  • Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:37:59 am by Alberton
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
It would be nice to read what YOU personally feel these warfronts would entail besides a generalized "territory control" statement. I'm trying to figure out what this has to look like to be vastly larger than a village fight and have enough reward/consequences involved to make it worth logging in for.

Right now, sieges are few and far between because holdings don't have much meaning since your local bank can only let you expand your reach so far.

Villages seem to be too little reward or so easy to use alts on that their travel time isn't worth much.

This is why I'd really like to read what the "warfronts will save the game" people mean when they say this.