Skip to main content

Topic: We need a full wipe (of the General Discussion forums) (Read 1129 times) previous topic - next topic

We need a full wipe (of the General Discussion forums)
... of the General Discussion area of the forums
Scrub those shit stains off the bowl.

Apart from that we just need warfronts and things will be fine and the people will surge.

What we want is a lot more, what we need is just that territory control.
I hope that's what you are doing at the moment.
  • Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:46:41 pm by Alberton
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Re: We need a full wipe
Reply #1
What happens when you get warfronts and there's still 50 players ?

How will warfronts and the current roadmap do anything for the game ?

Reply #2

So what exactly is your point and what exactly is your goal here?

Reply #3

My point is that no matter what Ub3rgames does, this will always be a dead game, same with ROA.

Reply #4

My point is that no matter what Ub3rgames does, this will always be a dead game, same with ROA.

So honestly, if this game is dead and will always be dead and you have told everyone 1000 times now, what is your purpose here still? What is it you hope to achieve? I mean honestly it just looks like you hope it dies so you can be 'right' and you are just saying it over and over hoping it will be true, there is no other even remotely sound explanation for your actions.  This has nothing to do with the game at all if it had 0 people or 10000 you would be saying the same thing.

This is all about you, but im just not sure how getting attention on a game forum could possibly add anything to anyones life. Could you explain this to me? Are you being paid? Is this entertainment? What is ticking in that skull of yours?

Reply #5

So honestly, if this game is dead and will always be dead and you have told everyone 1000 times now, what is your purpose here still? What is it you hope to achieve? I mean honestly it just looks like you hope it dies so you can be 'right' and you are just saying it over and over hoping it will be true, there is no other even remotely sound explanation for your actions.  This has nothing to do with the game at all if it had 0 people or 10000 you would be saying the same thing.

This is all about you, but im just not sure how getting attention on a game forum could possibly add anything to anyones life. Could you explain this to me? Are you being paid? Is this entertainment? What is ticking in that skull of yours?

Well my purpose here is to counter incorrect comments, such as this thread in which he states -

''Apart from that we just need warfronts and things will be fine and the people will surge.''

Also, if there were 1000 players, id definitely be playing and i definitely wouldn't be saying the game is dead. I quit unholy wars when the population stooped below 200 as i knew there was no coming back from it.

Darkfall is notorious for having none existent new players. A healthy MMO needs a lot of newbies trying out the game for it to even succeed. There's just way too many problems with the game, the sooner you realize that the better.

As for why im on the forums posting all the time, idk ? i guess it's fun to debate, its always one sided though as no one ever comes up with a good argument for why the game would succeed.

Reply #6

Well my purpose here is to counter incorrect comments, such as this thread in which he states -

''Apart from that we just need warfronts and things will be fine and the people will surge.''

Also, if there were 1000 players, id definitely be playing and i definitely wouldn't be saying the game is dead. I quit unholy wars when the population stooped below 200 as i knew there was no coming back from it.

Darkfall is notorious for having none existent new players. A healthy MMO needs a lot of newbies trying out the game for it to even succeed. There's just way too many problems with the game, the sooner you realize that the better.

As for why im on the forums posting all the time, idk ? i guess it's fun to debate, its always one sided though as no one ever comes up with a good argument for why the game would succeed.

But you arent you are just throwing the most negative possible opinion one can have everytime without any really logic other than its the worst possible outcome.

I mean if you were analytical and could explain why your opinion was better than theirs that would be cool but literally i dont need to read any of your posts I can just always replace with 'worst possible outcome opinion' and always be on the nose.

A robot could do what you do, but why would anyone bother and so if not even a robot is worth the bother why is it worth it to you? What are you achieving here other than attention? It feels like you are actually being paid to do this.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Well technically the OP isn't being very analytical when he says the game will surge with people when warfronts are implemented.

What are "warfronts" even going to be? Have any of you blowhards even bothered to envision at least in your mind what they will look like and rationalized how many implementations and tweaks maybe have to be involved in order to get this mythical population surge we all hope for?

Like seriously, has Uber ever in the history of these forums said what they'll look like other than them putting npc vendors at these set "warfronts" to sell refs and what supplies so you can keep fighting.

What are you fighting for? What happens if and when you wipe or get wiped? Are the consequences/rewards punishing/rewarding enough to make someone from Niff run over to participate? Will there be "warfronts" on Niff?

Will every scrub live and farm in the dead zones and just hoard up their banks like they do now or will "warfronts" compel them to put their entire banks in the local market for the pvpers to purchase goods to fight the good fight?

Like seriously, the blackmeat guy is a broken record but the shills kill this game far more than some clown spamming "dead game"
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #8
Darkfall fully dead now boys.

See you guys at the Rise of New Unholy: Dawn Wars, or whatever else Claus is cooking up.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
... of the General Discussion area of the forums
Scrub those shit stains off the bowl.

Apart from that we just need warfronts and things will be fine and the people will surge.

What we want is a lot more, what we need is just that territory control.
I hope that's what you are doing at the moment.

Never is a full wipe needed, only desired.

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I agree, after a few more updates and more new content!

I've hardy played for months, yet I have ready bags to last me till server down!

The nerf to scaling was needed, it totally ruined any group grind needed, and has damaged the economy beyond repair.

If they want to give the game a last shot before packing it in, a wipe is the way to go. I know I could the current pop on server is play again.

This game should have stayed in Indev, it's clear by the current pop, the game wasn't ready!

I know the few that do play, because they enjoy zero competition will be against a wipe, but the game can't / shouldn't continue with -200 players!

Edit: Bad headline :)
  • Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:00:51 am by Giant

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
You full wipe you lose, straight up

Reply #12
No, we do not need a wipe

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
You full wipe you lose, straight up

You lose the few players who still play??? You would gain x100 who play to see if it's worh playing. The server shouldn't be on, when there isn't a pop playing.

@Ub3rgames maybe you would like to clarify how many players still play, and I mean unique IPs

Seeing the op meant to wipe the forums, I will leave it here and be back for server shutdown week!
  • Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:16:51 am by Giant