Skip to main content

Topic: Rework fishing/cooking (Read 133 times) previous topic - next topic

Rework fishing/cooking
Types of fishes should be regional.
- Fish swordfish only in deep sea, must be on top of a ship or fishing platform on a sea village, (you could fish from the back of a mount while in-dev, that must be fixed for this)
- Move other fishes to regional areas, around islands, mid land rivers, sea shores, etc.

- Have each fish give a specific self buff of stat: str, dex, quickness, int, mana, health, stamina (you should be able to cook other food, not requiring fish to get these effects, like meat jerky for str, etc)
- Have diff cooking recipes at higher rank cooking and more mats for higher magnitude.
- Duration > 10 minutes, noone likes the 2m foods, it's a just an annoyance to use.

Current cooking and food effects are boring. Very much so.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Rework fishing/cooking
Reply #1
Are you sure you came back at the right time man? You know these guys are snail pace and I can tell you're amped up to start letting the suggestions flowing
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
These reworks are already in their roadmap, once the core mechanics of the game are fixed hopefully in 2 years, they can focus on secondary changes and adding new content to the game. Just be patient

Reply #3
Are you sure you came back at the right time man? You know these guys are snail pace and I can tell you're amped up to start letting the suggestions flowing

WoW craze ended too early. But I got 1 mage and 1 ranger to level up, guess playing a few weeks helps in the long run.

I would add these small changes as well paralel, because they are minor workload compared to a watchtower system, people would test it, and for those who play every  QoL change matters. 
"Things just got worse."

Reply #4

- Duration > 10 minutes, noone likes the 2m foods, it's a just an annoyance to use.

Current cooking and food effects are boring. Very much so.
Especially that. Considering how important food buffs are to a fights outcome the duration have to be a minimum 10 min and then build from there with the increasing tiers.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Affiliated Mandrake Dealers

Reply #5
Food should not give stamina regen. It should be baseline and then food remade to be an interesting choice, possibly one that comes with bonuses and maluses at the same time.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #6
Food should not give stamina regen. It should be baseline and then food remade to be an interesting choice, possibly one that comes with bonuses and maluses at the same time.

When I said stamina I ment total pool. Stam regen definitely needs to be removed, that is the most important regen from all 3.

I like your maluses idea, maybe low tier food give bonus to one stat, malus to other, higher tier, only bonuses.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #7
Food that gives MP regen at the cost of HP drain
Food that gives +2 to mag prots at the cost of 1 phys prots
Food that increases your Stamina pool at the cost of HP pool
Food that gives you +2 to all prots at the cost of 10% negative stamina efficiency
Food that reduces duration of all debuffs and buffs cast on you and by you.

Combinations are endless, it's just the question of where they wanna go with the design (and complicate their lives with possible balancing nightmares)

Reply #8
You know there are 10, 15 and 25 mins food right? (And that is what I use)
But how much are people wishing to pay for it? Because the 25mins need 2 of EACH fish, what can be a pain to get with the rng

Reply #9
People have been selling 25min food for 250-300 gold (which I found to be laughably cheap)