Skip to main content

Topic: Add survivalist title. (Read 124 times) previous topic - next topic

Add survivalist title.
@Ub3rgames
This is for newbies, even after high pop. If someone joins the game, they should be recommended to take this title, to experience more aspects of the game and to be able to solo play if they want to at low efficiency. How can you decide if you like crafting at all, if you can't try it 'freely'?

Survivalist:

Gains the benefits of the listed titles at a 1/3 efficiency, 33 effective title level at 100 survivalist title:
- Cooking (can cook food up to 25 title req at 75 title level)
- Harvesting (can refine common materials, but not rares)
- Alchemy (low rank pots, staves)
- Bow crafting (For arrows mostly, r0-r10@75)
- Weapon crafting (r0-r10@75)
- Shield crafting(r0-r10@75)
- Light armor crafting(r0-r10@75)
- Armorer (33% effect or Armorer title)

Cannot be taken with Armorer, or combo must be used. Can be taken with any other crafting or combat title.

Rank0-10 weapons, minor pots, refining mats, r0-r10 armors, low level food have one use: to show the game around for newbies. They do not affect economy at all, and it was and is extremely stupid that specialized crafting at r0-r10 item level is a thing.
Time to get over it.

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Re: Add survivalist title.
Reply #1
Sounds cool at first but I'm not sure, markets should supply ammo and consumables. maybe good idea maybe not.
I don't want to be self-sufficient because that's a grind. I just want working markets and pay for what I need and sell some of what I farm or create myself.

Even such a low tier as refining ores or making arrows is a level of service someone could make a business out of on the market.

Reply #2
I don't get it. Why add another confusing mechanic when one can simply check crafting title, drop it, check another. Especially when you want new title to allow r10 only and at level 75? This is madness.

Reply #3
Just buy R30 gear from a vendor and leave one title on rotation to make R0 gear until you work things out.

Happy that people are exploring ideas but seems unnecessary.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #4
I don't get it. Why add another confusing mechanic when one can simply check crafting title, drop it, check another. Especially when you want new title to allow r10 only and at level 75? This is madness.

Just buy R30 gear from a vendor and leave one title on rotation to make R0 gear until you work things out.

Anyone else to confirm how fucked up the whole system crafting system is? Could make r0's, food, arrows, small pots free to craft without title as well. That's better, doubt that Uber bites, but who knows.

Having armor at 1/3 effect and maybe skinning at 1/3 included as well, would make this title a good one to start out as a newbie and experience the game. Also the best advice to craft arrows or cook your food when needed, wouldn't be to exploit the title system or sub an alt.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #5

Anyone else to confirm how fucked up the whole system crafting system is? Could make r0's, food, arrows, small pots free to craft without title as well. That's better, doubt that Uber bites, but who knows.

Having armor at 1/3 effect and maybe skinning at 1/3 included as well, would make this title a good one to start out as a newbie and experience the game. Also the best advice to craft arrows or cook your food when needed, wouldn't be to exploit the title system or sub an alt.

If you see a problem with people juggling crafting titles to craft basic items available at skill1 than your suggestion makes zero sense as your new title introduces exactly the same but with solid cons. So no one would ever use this. Can you explain what your suggestion actually brings to the table?

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I vote completing armor sets before adding anything else new the game.