Skip to main content

Topic: War Started. Enclave Doesn't want pvp. (Read 4142 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: War Started. Enclave Doesn't want pvp.
Reply #105
Just to voice my opinion: 
- NO to instant travel in any way
- NO to regional/global banks

You all may not like the direction devs decided to go, I get that. But your suggestions are so illogical. You suggest them to go the same way that has not saved original darkfall. Nor next darkfall - df:UW. Nor RoA. WTF? Where is sense in that?
I'll make a new thread with my suggestion and I'll gladly debate at least you with it since Ub3r is pretty defeated at this point. At least you come up with good suggestions and can construct a sound argument for your points
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #106
Dfuw also had more content and it didnt save it, by that logic we should remove content in dnd

Genius logic right there
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #107
Dfuw also had more content and it didnt save it, by that logic we should remove content in dnd

Genius logic right there
Instant travel and global banks are specific examples of what we had already and two darkfall iterations with those features died anyway, third iteration with these features (RoA) is not doing much better than DND - if it's even doing better at all. My point was that it is really not likely that this time it will somehow save the game, while three times already it did no such thing. Your example, well, makes no sense at all and is actually disappointing. It definitely wasn't your best post.. Let's stop at that.
  • Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:21:44 pm by wildNothing

Reply #108

Genius logic right there
Instant travel and global banks are specific examples of what we had already and two darkfall iterations with those features died anyway, third iteration with these features (RoA) is not doing much better than DND - if it's even doing better at all. My point was that it is really not likely that this time it will somehow save the game, while three times already it did no such thing. Your example, well, makes no sense at all and is actually disappointing. It definitely wasn't your best post.. Let's stop at that.
lets act like global banking and instant travel are the only reasons roa isnt doing great, it helps your argument a whole lot
regional banking and less travel tedium by itself wouldnt magically save the game, but it would make it less shit, by your logic thats not enough so we dont need it

fuck territorial control too because it didnt save uw
fuck traderoutes and sea towers because they didnt save dfo
fuck quests because they didnt save dfo or any darkfall

actually you know what? nothing saved earlier darkfalls, so delete everything and start from scratch

my examples dont make any sense because you decide they dont and you refuse to see how flawed your logic is
  • Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:01:52 pm by inkarnation

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #109
I'll articulate a proper thread later tonight to debate this shit in a designated area. You're a lunatic if you want to say the current mechanics of new dawn are saving the game compared to the "flaws" of the past though
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #110
lets act like global banking and instant travel are the only reasons roa isnt doing great, it helps your argument a whole lot
regional banking and less travel tedium by itself wouldnt magically save the game, but it would make it less shit, by your logic thats not enough so we dont need it

actually you know what? nothing saved earlier darkfalls, so delete everything and start from scratch

my examples dont make any sense because you decide they dont and you refuse to see how flawed your logic is
You are still missing my point. People come here and say that regional banking and instant travel are some sort of remedy, that they will make game better. All I'm saying is that they were present in all other iterations of darkfall that died. Obviously they might not have been the reason those games died, but also obviously they were not a remedy that could save this type of game, as they didn't. Simple logic. Instead of even trying to understand such simple statement you keep trying to ridicule someone you argue with, with examples that have nothing to do with what he said. I never said fuck global banking and instant travel BECAUSE they didn't save darkfall. I only said that they were present in three different darkfall games already and didn't save them so they shouldn't be perceived as a remedy of some sort. Personal preference maybe? But that's it.

Why do you think regional banking and instant travel would make this game "less shit" (simply put - better)? I for example strongly disagree and this is why:

1. I don't want elite pvp clans porting everywhere in an instant and destroying everyone everywhere. It quickly leads to everyone but best pvpers leaving. That we have witnessed already and we know it will happen if global banks and instant travel are in.
2. With instant travel and global banks open world was empty. Even with population few times bigger than what we have now. People only appeared in fixed locations of interest. It's bad for the game if open world is dead / empty.

I like localized world for few other reasons, but I guess they are a matter of personal preference, while points above are facts already experienced. So don't be so sure your global banks and instant travel would make the game "less shit". Maybe for you? But definitely not for me. Stop presenting your point of view like absolute truth. It is not.
  • Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:25:44 pm by wildNothing

Reply #111
Uber envisioned us paying a premium for imported goods. I think it's safe to say that vision could only operate on the backs of people who literally wanted to get into the business of moving materials for money. Since their rebuttal is the world is actually too small for what they wanted to achieve, the next best thing is just letting people put their crap up for sale on their local market and then letting others buy their stuff from any marketplace in the world with a tariff based on distance. It still let's "dedicated traders" do their job if they see a profit and it actually gives "dedicated crafters" a constant market.

x% extra cost per km distance

Reply #112

You are still missing my point. People come here and say that regional banking and instant travel are some sort of remedy, that they will make game better. All I'm saying is that they were present in all other iterations of darkfall that died. Obviously they might not have been the reason those games died, but also obviously they were not a remedy that could save this type of game, as they didn't. Simple logic. Instead of even trying to understanding such simple statement you keep trying to ridicule someone you argue with, with examples that have nothing to do with what he said. I never said fuck global banking and instant travel BECAUSE they didn't save darkfall. I only said that they were present in three different darkfall games already and didn't save them so they shouldn't be perceived as a remedy of some sort. Personal preference maybe? But that's it.

Why do you think regional banking and instant travel would make this game "less shit" (simply put - better)? I for example strongly disagree and this is why:

1. I don't want elite pvp clans porting everywhere in an instant and destroying everyone everywhere. It quickly leads to everyone but best pvpers leaving. That we have witnessed already and we know it will happen if global banks and instant travel are in.
2. With instant travel and global banks open world was empty. Even with population few times bigger than what we have now. People only appeared in fixed locations of interest. It's bad for the game if open world is dead / empty.

I like localized world for few other reasons, but I guess they are a matter of personal preference, while points above are facts already experienced. So don't be so sure your global banks and instant travel would make the game "less shit". Maybe for you? But definitely not for me. Stop presenting your point of view like absolute truth. It is not.
You know what m8? You make a good point on instant travel and elite clans

Hopefully we can meet somewhere in the middle with regional banking tied to territory control and just faster means of travel not instant travel

To me it would make the game better by reducing tedium of constantly moving shit around and having it take forever, i also said it wouldnt save the game and agreed with you on that but apologise for my bad manners

Love you

Reply #113
First ever darkfall argument that ended in somewhat of an agreement cheers to you two boys <3

Reply #114
I started war with sedition because no one else does anything. Someone has to be the beacon of light in this carebear euroshit server.

I almost quit the game after watching Mycke and avast duel and then whine in espenhal.

But, not all things are bad. We have gotten many NA fights recently! This past few days have been pretty fun!

Reply #115
I don't think putting runestones back in the game with local banks will cause elite pvp clans to be everywhere. It won't be like it was with global banks where one guy marks a bunch of runes and pops them into the clan vault for everyone to grab when they log in 10 min before a siege.
Someone will have to ride to the rune location mark the runes and ride, or tune back.
Make runes weigh 100kg to prevent an sg from marking runes for everyone in the clan the night before a siege or whatever.
One of the main reasons I quit is because my clan would go somewhere when I was logged off, I'd log in for duels or whatever and I'd have to ride 20 min before I could start having fun.
Heavy runes gives players easy access to places they're already established, but makes it hard to move large groups

Reply #116
I don't think putting runestones back in the game with local banks will cause elite pvp clans to be everywhere. It won't be like it was with global banks where one guy marks a bunch of runes and pops them into the clan vault for everyone to grab when they log in 10 min before a siege.
Someone will have to ride to the rune location mark the runes and ride, or tune back.
Make runes weigh 100kg to prevent an sg from marking runes for everyone in the clan the night before a siege or whatever.
One of the main reasons I quit is because my clan would go somewhere when I was logged off, I'd log in for duels or whatever and I'd have to ride 20 min before I could start having fun.
Heavy runes gives players easy access to places they're already established, but makes it hard to move large groups

You can make runestones 1,000,000,000 kg and I will still raft/bunny hop them to place.