Skip to main content

Topic: Fix Siege Vulnerability Window Timers (Read 274 times) previous topic - next topic

Fix Siege Vulnerability Window Timers
Alright,

So we've had our first incident with siege timers being incorrect. This would be frustrating if we were using runestones & recalls like in the days of yore.

Here and now it's a cancerous waste of significant amount of time and effort for many.

This is easy to fix. Once a war declaration has been paid for and live have a timer in the conquest window. 

"Clan Name" Vulnerability Window is Open in XX:XX and when it's open have it change to "Clan Name"  Vulnerability Window is closed in XX:XX.

Keep it simple.

This should not be guesswork in a conquest game. Scouting apparently can be completely ineffective thanks to some bad timers.

Personally I think the siege window needs to be expanded by 2 hours for extra cost but I'd settle for a functioning timer.

Re: Fix Siege Vulnerability Window Timers
Reply #1

Personally I think the siege window needs to be expanded by 2 hours.

o.0

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Maybe do some more sieges before making stupid suggestions

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #3

Who the fuck are you? Have you ever dropped?

The system is horrendous. The guessing game doesnt really work with RL shit. Basically you have to try a weekend in advanced because even NA clans have their window at EU time.

Reply #4

No they just like to find the edges of windows so they can siege people in as off an hour as possible, thats why he wants 2 more hours to make sure they are all in bed and not still up watching tv.

Reply #5
I disagree with a longer primetime window BUT not being able to see other clans primetime is annoying and hard to deal with.

Reply #6

No they just like to find the edges of windows so they can siege people in as off an hour as possible, thats why he wants 2 more hours to make sure they are all in bed and not still up watching tv.

Off hours to a NA clan vs NA clan to fight during NA hours? Go get your disability check.

Reply #7
The whole point of the siege primetime window was to avoid this na/eu offhour talk but if everyone is just going to spam it anyway maybe we should just scrap it lol.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to see your enemies windows AFTER you've already invested the gold in declaring war. You still have to go there and plant the stone.
With the current timers being inaccurate AF the frustration is understandable with slow travel.

It's like early marketplace going a long way without knowing if there was even anything to buy. Now we know but still have to go there it should be the same.
~Nao Southpaw

Reply #8

This is off topic but it's my opinion that a clan should be able to cover a 10 hour window on an international server. Call me crazy.

This thread is about proper timers for siege windows.

You act like I suggested a 3am siege lol. It's a conquest game. An addition 2 hours isn't when everyone is in bed unless you set your siege window later than your prime time.

Please stop dramatizing the off topic material.

Uh, I've been with enclave since ND launch and we've had over 8 offensive sieges against enemy clans as the siege dropper. We've helped others in another half dozen sieges. It's not our first rodeo. It is the first time we've experienced the timer being incorrect through.

I'm just saying once you've declared war we should have a more accurate method of telling when the window is open/closed. /thread

PS: Especially in this version with such limited travel speeds and no global banking. Good siege materials are heavy and expensive.
  • Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:17:54 am by Humble Noob

Reply #9
I think the idea was it forces the attackers to scout the holding but it just adds to hassle.

Edit- Maybe remove the closed siege window times and instead make the hit points of the stone(s) scale slide depending how far out from a "set prime time" the defender picks. So prime time stones are 100% and scale to like 5% hit points 12 hours out of the set prime time
  • Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:45:13 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #10
Thats the thing that got me the most when speaking to whomever was GM Marc last night, the scouting principle.

There is no scouting, it is a guessing game. You declare war, you go to the target holding, and you click on a shard. If it is withing their timer it goes through, where you are left vulrnerable for an hr, and you proceed to place the siege stones you should have on site.  If instead it does not go through, you get a message of when the vulnerability window starts.

This is by far the worst sytem out yet. You can always siege your city back, holdings are not meant to be static! No bueno.

Reply #11
Worse part is in order to siege a NA clan that hides behind EU tz timers which is their right to do, you have to siege on weekends. So you inly get two tries at the guessing game when trying to land the siege as late as possible so people with families can attend.

End result, your system is shit. Use shadowbanes system instead.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
How does shadowbane's work?
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #13
I asked terrorax to write that up a while ago. He described it a bit and i think it'd be a major improvement
85% /s

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
I asked terrorax to write that up a while ago. He described it a bit and i think it'd be a major improvement
I'd be interested in knowing how it works
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)