Skip to main content

Topic: @scumners (Read 1893 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: @scumners
Reply #60
Kids been spending months on these forums spamming "game's dead" on a daily basis like a broken record. Is it really that hard to let go?
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #61
Ub3r always waited for big ms windows patches to patch the game afterwards, just to have the best performance version active till the next one. SO today that was another BIG windows patch also for servers.

When now mature guys ( most of the guys where 20+ when they started darkfall in 2009) freaking out that a small dev team dont spread bubbles on forums for arround 2-3 weeks and feel scammed (while obvious... they still doesnt pay ANY subscription) they need a doctor.

inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #62
Put runestones back in the game. If people wanna burn up a stack of runes stocking local markets or moving banks, let them. I honestly don't see how it would hurt anything. If you're worried about people fuckin with sieges, don't let people rune in or out within 2 tiles of an active siegestone.

Reply #63
Poor guy thinks the inDev was only populated by pvpers when the armor patch brought many playstyles back because there was demand for lol of it.
You talk about "proof" yet you're always spouting off about your 3v5, 6v8, 2v4s etc like Ivar used to do and even if you're not lying about those numbers, they're still not even close to the fights we had during inDev because we had the ability for people to conveniently plan their days around siege windows and simply rune into the fight or where ever they were needed.
The difference here is that at least i have proofs of most of those fights since lately i have been starting recording them for us to try to learn from our mistakes....you? just saying words and demanding everyone believe you just because you said so
Are you now starting to say that those fights were same numbers or bigger than the one i am having now BECAUSE you could fast travel everywhere? So the population was not THAT big, wasn't it?

Sorry fanboy but inDev was a better product by sheer removal of tedium and titles than the client swapping travel simulator you're shilling out for.
As usual,no arguments to put on the table? just throw in some "fanboy", "i know better", "stay deluded" or things like that. Just like Seronys was doing, before starting to tell us that RoA was so much better compared to DnD and we were idiots.
And now, know what? his honey moon has ended and he is playing runescape throwing shit on RoA too :D

Reply #64
Ub3r need to remember the name on the game they are developing and all the negative stigma that goes with it.

Worst thing they can do for player confidence is extended periods of silence. AV PTSD all over this community.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #65
Poor guy thinks the inDev was only populated by pvpers when the armor patch brought many playstyles back because there was demand for lol of it.
You talk about "proof" yet you're always spouting off about your 3v5, 6v8, 2v4s etc like Ivar used to do and even if you're not lying about those numbers, they're still not even close to the fights we had during inDev because we had the ability for people to conveniently plan their days around siege windows and simply rune into the fight or where ever they were needed.
The difference here is that at least i have proofs of most of those fights since lately i have been starting recording them for us to try to learn from our mistakes....you? just saying words and demanding everyone believe you just because you said so
Are you now starting to say that those fights were same numbers or bigger than the one i am having now BECAUSE you could fast travel everywhere? So the population was not THAT big, wasn't it?

Sorry fanboy but inDev was a better product by sheer removal of tedium and titles than the client swapping travel simulator you're shilling out for.
As usual,no arguments to put on the table? just throw in some "fanboy", "i know better", "stay deluded" or things like that. Just like Seronys was doing, before starting to tell us that RoA was so much better compared to DnD and we were idiots.
And now, know what? his honey moon has ended and he is playing runescape throwing shit on RoA too :D
Upload the fights you're having and let us be the judge then. That way we can take your current gaming experience for more than just a grain of salt.

Not only am I saying we had a higher population of REAL people during the four months span after the armor patch, I'm saying we had far more larger fights than your timestamped adventures.

Is there a way to accurately prove either one was more populated than the other? Nope but what we can do is use tools like discord, in-game chats/fights/sieges and most glaring: trade.

Go through the trade posts history and start looking at the buying and selling and trading demands and you can get a very good grasp of the correlation of trade activity to population ratio.

When sieges cost next to nothing prior to the armor patch, no one really cared to siege after the honeymoon phase wore off because game was stale.

When the armor patch hit, sieges we're still very affordable and players wanted holdings in certain parts of the world to farm the new mats which led to more and more people returning since sieges have always been this game's selling factor.

With more sieges happening, this fueled the drive to start building more and more bad ass suits to be used in them snowballing into the elite clans returning to scroach some nice gearbags and jump players farming.

The prices of sieges started going up but no one cared because the economy started actually recovering to the point where the very players putting up the millions of gold to siege us were the ones selling us the rare mats we needed to complete our suits to fight against them and this was all before marketplaces.

Now let's fast forward to the time post launch when Ub3r wanted to "punish" arac clans by letting you siege them for little to no money. EXACTLY what I predicted has happened. The carebears and scrubs didn't siege a single arac clan because the risk was far too great and wanted to save themselves the embarrassment.

The game is now dictated by a new age of players who either never played the inDev or were such nonfactors they never dreamed of getting too close to the sieges we were fighting in.

Willing to bet if Kholesh is still owned by GSC and you sieged them, you'd get rolled by at least 20-30 returning players
  • Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:33:07 pm by SomeBK
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #66
To be fair, there are like 2 arac clans out there and sieging is fucking cheap regardless. And the main reason people sieged in indev was to get pvp since that was the only decent way. We barely see any sieges cause of vcp's... they provided the pvp sieges did in indev. But just like people got bored of sieging in indev, they lost motivation for vcps... every kind of content gets boring after some time.

Reply #67
Ub3r always waited for big ms windows patches to patch the game afterwards, just to have the best performance version active till the next one. SO today that was another BIG windows patch also for servers.

When now mature guys ( most of the guys where 20+ when they started darkfall in 2009) freaking out that a small dev team dont spread bubbles on forums for arround 2-3 weeks and feel scammed (while obvious... they still doesnt pay ANY subscription) they need a doctor.

Its under their own control how they present themselves. ALL it really takes to calm down this doomsday is few sentence a la "We got this part done, moving on and finishing this and that" or something akin to that.

Let me try to imagine that, you start your workday sit down behind computer and never look at the forums as your main community channel? And not a squeek once a few weeks?

So yes im mature indeed and the vibe i get from what is happening right now(justly or not), is that things are running down. Im personally not really invested in df anymore, id love something coming out of it, but if not, ill live.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #68

You ofrgot a (. The not paying any subscription is the most important part many forget. You play for free because the Dev's know some core features are missing.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #69
shit is lit on DND and every1 knows it
bang is real
the grind is real
the farm is real