Skip to main content

Topic: Scam-Shitizen (Read 328 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Scam-Shitizen
So I'm laying in bed googling upcoming MMOs like I do every now and then and then I remember discussing how I feel Star Citizen is just one giant pyramid scheme and I decide to do a little digging.

I found these two Reddit pages that only solidified my hunch and even though I enjoyed the shit out of the New Dawn inDev, it's safe to say I'll never be spending any money or even time on "pan handler" games.

This first link is some Star Citizen PR guy breaking down their stupid HerbaLife style referral kits and how not everyone is going to be awarded ALL the referral points they deserved and the first comment below is of some poor sap addressing he's been getting screwed since 2014.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6923ug/bens_answer_regarding_your_referal_program/

The next link is a guy with the same hunch I have except once I found what he wrote and realized he's dedicated a lot of time to this Ponzi "scam" disclosure, I figured I'd differ a bit of my questions to what this guy has to say.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/697hr3/star_citizen_ponzi_scheme_or_ponzi_scam/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_header

It will never be what the fanboys of this game think it will be. Once the money dries out, they'll spew out some quick gargle so they can say they met their requirements and then move onto the next scam, investment opportunity, country with immunity etc.
  • Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:33:03 am by SomeBK
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Scam-Shitizen
Reply #1
RL friend gave me a preview of the game. Hes got thousands worth in ships (makes 100k a year, juat a big geek)

I was impressed witb the game, but when i realised its about 5 years of work... Its hardly anything. IF the game gets finished, ill be showing it to my kids saying "look what my friends and I waited for for 15 years"

Ridiculous.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #2
Its a point of soceity mentality - obvious mindset - You want a ferrari ..do you buy" it for 200k dollars without tires, engine and gearing mechanisms? Thats what all these stupids did. Noone can help them.

Its all hollow words - Acts does matter - real content and patches - not words who are written somewhere.
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Here's the thing. When you've collected the amount of money they have, not only should you already have the game done, you should have already poached every other developer and sub contracted dev teams who could come remotely close to being your competition.

Legends of Aria has collected over $200k over their span and had enough money to take their finished engine and throw it into the recycle bin and just subcontract a Chinese company to design their new version from the ground up. Game is also shit and definitely doesn't have the demands SC does but the point is there's no action being put forth with that kind of money
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #4
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

The promises per dollar... What a fucking laugh

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

The promises per dollar... What a fucking laugh
Lmfao!! That shit is pure gold. 2m people spending an average of $95. It's not uncommon to see an average of $20 spent on a "go fund me" style game and you're lucky if you get more than 20k people to donate but because these guys have sold virtual merchandise to the nerd demographic that makes so much money and don't care for a sports car, they figured let's sell these guys an in-game ship for the price of a used car and make them pay insurance on it anytime they want to take it out.

This is probably the most innovative scam I've seen since the race car driver who earned over a billion dollars doing statewide illegal "payday" loans under the protection of Indian Tribe protections with him not being Indian at all.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Here's the thing. When you've collected the amount of money they have, not only should you already have the game done, you should have already poached every other developer and sub contracted dev teams who could come remotely close to being your competition.

Legends of Aria has collected over $200k over their span and had enough money to take their finished engine and throw it into the recycle bin and just subcontract a Chinese company to design their new version from the ground up. Game is also shit and definitely doesn't have the demands SC does but the point is there's no action being put forth with that kind of money

I agree, totally.

What i would have liked to see, if they were truly in it for the game... Is for the CEO to partner with a bigger company whom knows what they are doing.

Can you imagine if they partnered with blizzard AND got all of that money to help fund it? Or valve even. (Even though im sitting here like where the fuck is my half life 3, nobody asked for a trading card game)
twitch.tv/KenMan

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Yeah man. It's because it's a scam. Just look at the timeline of when these "go fund me" games started gaining traction and when this game idea was put into that category. I believe the guy started out to honesty build a game but when he saw the amount of cash coming in, he decided to split his kings and took that money to hire someone with really good marketing skills and creativity along with a good attorney or several to cover his ass throughout the process.

Guaranteed even if they decided today to partner with blizzard, they'd avoid SC like the plague.

Reply #8
Anyone who is paying for a game that hasn't been released yet is retarded. Why would a company strive to hit deadlines or make a good bug tested game when they already have your money? That goes for preorders and crowd funding. People need to stop being tools and force developer to actually develop their product before they give them money for it.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Anyone who is paying for a game that hasn't been released yet is retarded. Why would a company strive to hit deadlines or make a good bug tested game when they already have your money? That goes for preorders and crowd funding. People need to stop being tools and force developer to actually develop their product before they give them money for it.
Agreed man. I'm done with "go fund me" style games

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Ever see those shitty steam greenlight games? They use unity presets and build a game over like a week or month, post videos, and rale in the cash. After everyone buys in you hear nothong from them and steam takes it off the green light.

Wish i knew how to code or develop games back then, couldve made a quick 100 grand for a month of work lmao.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #11
I remember a shitty steam greenlight game named Darkfall: Unholy Wars that followed that basic pattern.....
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #12
Star Citizen is literally the definition of a pyramid scheme. Sell/borrow cash from one group to generate hype so you can sell/borrow large amounts from another group. Rinse and repeat I think the latest packages are up to $38,000 and you have to I have already spent $1,000 on the market to even view what's inside it. I think they've collected 175 million already I'm really hoping Finance enforcement is looking at them