Skip to main content

Topic: Un-nerf group farming again (Read 1278 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Un-nerf group farming again
Reply #60
For me farming is really boring, farming alone is even more boring.. unnerf please, at least so small group 1-3 people doesnt give worse yield.

Reply #61
Duo farming is not too horrible (mage + melee; haste + ironskin make it good), but scaling in general was overnerfed.

If they want to fix altfall, then they need to make alts not work for scaling.
Either via HP regen, dynamic adjustments of level, or anything else...

But as is now, only reason to use scaling is to bypass some rediculous downtime timers.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #62
I re
Duo farming is not too horrible (mage + melee; haste + ironskin make it good), but scaling in general was overnerfed.

But as is now, only reason to use scaling is to bypass some rediculous downtime timers.

I really think regen is the answer, or at least the simplist compared to dynamic leveling and other options.

Leave level 1 0% reg/s and then for every level after add 0.1% of level 1 hp/s so at level 21 they are getting 2% of level 1 hp/s. So a mob with 7k hp at level 1 would be regenerating 140 hp/s at level 21 which is far too much for any group less than 10 to get very far.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #63
I re

I really think regen is the answer, or at least the simplist compared to dynamic leveling and other options.

Leave level 1 0% reg/s and then for every level after add 0.1% of level 1 hp/s so at level 21 they are getting 2% of level 1 hp/s. So a mob with 7k hp at level 1 would be regenerating 140 hp/s at level 21 which is far too much for any group less than 10 to get very far.
Do this and return city nodes to what they were before this whole "each player gets their own mats" system. If you want to compensate real players with their rightful amount of mats make mobs that spawn just outside city walls contingent with their resource. For example:
I build the mine up in ghanalaj and a veilron or selentine golem spawns attacking walls with impact damage because he is attracted to the mine and wants in. Same can apply with forest golems for farms, those dudes just outside Hintenfau for groves and Basalt golems for quarries. Put them on timers since this is timerfall
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #64
The scaling system isn't good. Just make loot and spawn bonus base on clear time.

The faster you kill the demon the more shit it drops. This way you can bring 4 other friends and get bonus loot to compensate the split, and you get safety in numbers with a faster clear. You can keep your hp bonus (the damage increase sucks when you melee mobs) and adjust boss encounters accordingly.

And then maybe groups can go do dungeons together! Have you seen the grey orks or the cave trolls? Screw that. Your spawn scaling is not working.

I also don't get why you removed monster regen, it was the main reason to bring other players to help you out. Now 2 people can do the demon, is this ideal?

QFE

Reply #65

I do not know which downtime timers you try to bypass, but solo farming is great now on all mobs I have tried so far. I don't expect a Baradron to be up 2 min after I killed it.

I indev, I had to get 4 alts to an Ogre Bully spawn to farm 90 thick leather per hour, now I can do that solo.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #66
You can't seriously say Crog and Gravelord have appropriate downtimes for their difficulty.
At that note, neither does Bone Exarch.

Reply #67
You can't seriously say Crog and Gravelord have appropriate downtimes for their difficulty.

Loot is also taken into consideration, not just difficulty. You seriously want to farm Crogs like Ogre Bullies?
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #68

Loot is also taken into consideration, not just difficulty. You seriously want to farm Crogs like Ogre Bullies?
Never said they need to have the same respawn timers.
If you keep Crog at its rediculous timer, let's rework it to be stronger and have more HP to make it a mini boss monster worth killing for XP.

• memes
  • [*][*]
Reply #69

Never said they need to have the same respawn timers.
If you keep Crog at its rediculous timer, let's rework it to be stronger and have more HP to make it a mini boss monster worth killing for XP.

u want to buff crog so u can park 10 alts next to it while u afkfarm it next to ur holding

welcome to darkfall

Reply #70
For the love of God, please find some happy medium between how it is now, and the previous spawn scaling.

I play MMOs for good company.  But when my farming takes almost twice as long when grouped, it just doesn't make it worth it.  And the more our clan acts as a bunch of soloists, the more quickly they tire of the game.
  • Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:05:18 am by Rimamok

Reply #71
I want to farm with peopleees

Reply #72
Ub3r is on vacation for the rest of the monthhhh fuuuuuck
  • Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:52:06 am by _SeeD_