Skip to main content

Topic: Un-nerf group farming again (Read 2141 times) previous topic - next topic

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Un-nerf group farming again
Reply #45
That is in a different game, so good job.
And yes, you can be a trader/gatherer now that goes for more rare materials.
You can also shove a dick up your ass and pretend to enjoy it.

It doesnt make it fun, it doesnt make others depend on your willingness to continue doing so.

And thats where players fall over, they need to rely on others to help them get what they want.
We arent a helpfull bunch, especially not over longer periods of time...

And even if you are mycke, you are one guy.
If there were really 500 alfar players living out of the starter cities do you honestly believe you could drag in enough selentine to supply them with full plate. Or thick leather, or ele cloth?
You cant supply newbies with shit, because you cant buy end game materials with gold
And as much as you may want to farm untill you drop, nobody is a one man army...
  • Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:24:09 pm by Nuyur

Reply #46
That is in a different game, so good job.
And yes, you can be a trader/gatherer now that goes for more rare materials.
You can also shove a dick up your ass and pretend to enjoy it.

I dont do what i pretend to enjoy if i didnt like the game i would find a new one and not bitch and moan on a forum of a game designed in a way that doesnt appeal to me.

They arent going to get rid of local banking or let you teleport with loot, ever, so either accept it and play or dont.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #47
Wow, again you dont read the fucking post...

I never said let me teleport with loot, i never said remove local banking.
Somebody said i was one of the few speaking against local banking back when uber mentioned this was a great feature to the game.
Long discussions were had, and in the end none of that matterd because uber stuck with their vision since i couldnt convince them otherwise.

In the end, here we are. I simply listed why it failed, speculation set aside, and explained why i thought it would transpire along those lines.

The comparisons to other games is simply to give a foundation to my arguement, its not something you can copy into this game.

And thank you for allowing me to play other games, here i was not logging into any game feeling guilty about not playing dnd against my will. Its such a relief to finally have somebody else tell me its ok to stop waiting.

I have been playing other games, i even said i havnt played in months. Again, reading skills, maybe there's like a skill book or a stat potion you can find somewhere mycke.

And i wouldnt be so rude, if it wasnt for the part where you literally ignore 90% of what i write and reply in a fashion that rubs me the wrong way. Its just...why should i bother

FYI
Tibia was launched January 7, 1997
It has Tibia
227.541 Followers  · 2.319 Viewers
On twitch right now.
12,556 Players Online across the various servers.
So, if you were going to copy a game that has great mechanics and shitty graphics, you could do worse...
But well, you'll probably just tell me to stop posting on the forums of a game i dont play.
  • Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:49:05 pm by Nuyur

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #48
Wow, again you dont read the fucking post...
I have been playing other games, i even said i havnt played in months. Again, reading skills, maybe there's like a skill book or a stat potion you can find somewhere mycke.
Those books weight 5kg man. This guy would wear himself out so fucking fast.

All joking aside though I feel you touched on the most glaring reality these fanboys tend to miss.

If the current game mechanics are used against my clan in order to starve us out by another clan or if we're forced to travel for hours on end to get shit done or flip through multiple clients to compete against others, we always have the option to just not play the fucking game and do something else.

These guys think people quit because they couldn't handle shit mechanics or that the game is just not for them yet these are the same people you'd find camped under towers or closeby at launch. Now ther're king of the hill on a server they can't get away from because they can't have their desired playstyle when there's a population.

Perfect example is Mycke. When he was living on Yssam getting constantly shit on by @inkarnation and the Russians, he was always found naked or "afk gathering" because he wouldn't dare be caught actually "trying" and now he's king shit rare may dealer farming all the cool spots nobody is ever around to kill him at.

Keep living the dream boys
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #49
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,10092.msg160028.html#msg160028

Also same suggestion in a thread I made back in february https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8546.msg132507.html#msg132507

The devs don't like the idea. Spoken to them several times ingame about it and seeding the markets with stuff (ie. ench mats) is something they were very against. It makes me sad the whole thing that they are so fucking stubborn and can't divert slightly from their vision and actually try to fix the issue with some very simple additions to the game. I mean it's only XML changes that would take a few days at most to implement. I mean you could add it to the merchant instead of the markets if the framework isn't there.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #50
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,10092.msg160028.html#msg160028

Also same suggestion in a thread I made back in february https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8546.msg132507.html#msg132507

The devs don't like the idea. Spoken to them several times ingame about it and seeding the markets with stuff (ie. ench mats) is something they were very against. It makes me sad the whole thing that they are so fucking stubborn and can't divert slightly from their vision and actually try to fix the issue with some very simple additions to the game. I mean it's only XML changes that would take a few days at most to implement. I mean you could add it to the merchant instead of the markets if the framework isn't there.
But then that would kill the dedicated crafters that populate this game errr durrr it's not the vishun
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #51
Good sum up @Nuyur

I remember warning them about spawn scaling like many others did, but a certain cunt from your clan who left the forums for some reason, (game too?) was giving them the all pink info, that spawn scalling is such a good mechanic as it is. First thing they did 1 week after launch was to revert spawn scalling to a pervious version, lol. Ofc this was only one issue, the lack of finishing and fine tuning things before launch was another, not even mentioning the missing content that was promised start of in-dev.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This game is in beta now. There is no need to wipe though, ppl are wrong there, because the pop it needs to sutatin itself, would totally diminish the wealth of those who are rich now.

@Dunnin not months man, years. Based on their current progress in in-dev, 1.5-2 years and game has a chance to bloom, assuming they start to advetize it at that time and they add those 3-4 content patches, 20-30 QoL tweeks we are all asking for.
  • Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:01:14 pm by Eilistraee
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #52
I remember warning them about spawn scaling like many others did, but a certain cunt from your clan who left the forums for some reason, (game too?) was giving them the all pink info, that spawn scalling is such a good mechanic as it is.

Not sure who you are talking about, but ive been playing so little i cant tell you who's active either.
I am certain that the spawn scaling we did close to launch was working as intended, because we didnt have/use any alts to scale with.
We had legitimate 30 man groups, with randoms joining and looting excessively many graves, the per person income was far below what i would get solo.
But the clan needed materials, our guys needed gold to buy from the internal market.
So, we got paid gold, the clan got the mats.

We were also doing pretty shit tier spawns because people were all hanging around the starter area and had barely progressed characters in shit gear with bad players.
We tried gardarocs once and basicly wiped...it was great.
Oh ye, that wasnt because of pvp...it was just too many people not doing even remotely optimal things for too much of the time.

If we had taken 1/3rd of the people, brought 5-10 alts and done the same thing, we would have gotten more materials for fewer man hours. Which is what all the smart clans were doing.
And thats what they need to get sorted before spawn scaling can be made viable again.

Here's my stance on where stuff is headed though.
On the one hand i want to slap uber in the face, yell at them to just listen to me and do as i say.
Not because im 100% sure im right, but i could put in time, talk to you guys and figure it out as we go basicly.
There would be many patches with small tweaks to try and find a setup that doesnt frustrate everybody to hell.
We'd have to figure out long term balances and income ratio's as the meta game settles, but...thats something i think we'll just roll with fairly easily. If somethings too weak or strong, we just patch it untill we get somewhere.

On the other hand, this is a game, i dont have a ton of free time and its not my job to get this game in good shape.
So i really dont want to feel responsible for sorting stuff out, it will become too great a burden.

Which results in spouts of forum posts where i try and get something done, followed by longer times of just reading and face palming in silence.

Reply #53
About selling in NPC city. I must spend about 2.5-3 hours to get from Yssam to some NPC city on the raft. Buff raft speed atleast at 50%. Buff ships speed atleast at 70%, make ships in 2-3 times cheaper and i will trade use ships to travel and will trade with NPC city. It can be "trade" ship with cargohold. I agreed on a big trade yesterday, but the transportation of goods takes so long, that I do not have enough time to do this. Its so boring at now..
  • Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:20:44 pm by xsevenbeta
Dolly Monk

Reply #54
"PLEASE BUFF MY 50 ALTS AGAIN AND HAVE SOLO/NEW PLAYERS UNINSTALL INSTEAD"

Reply #55
Honestly I agree that PVE needs fixed.  Bone Exarchs skin for 1-2 dragon bone and have a 15 minute respawn timer.  I decided I would try to circumvent this by buying 3 alts. I scaled the Bone Exarch up to level 4, killed it, and still got 1 Dragon Bone from the skin.  It also did not spawn a second Exarch.  This is entirely unacceptable and needs to be fixed.  @Ub3rgames

Reply #56
Honestly I agree that PVE needs fixed.  Bone Exarchs skin for 1-2 dragon bone and have a 15 minute respawn timer.  I decided I would try to circumvent this by buying 3 alts. I scaled the Bone Exarch up to level 4, killed it, and still got 1 Dragon Bone from the skin.  It also did not spawn a second Exarch.  This is entirely unacceptable and needs to be fixed.  @Ub3rgames

just have mobs actually drop good amounts of shit and delete the whole mob-leveling system thats only used by altfallers

if u want to farm something as a zerg u better do it on multiple different mobspawns

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #57
I dont oppose spawn scaling, but you gotta come at it from a different angle.

Health regen is the single biggest tool in the game to make alts useless.
Yet its been disabled on all monsters.

Imagine a goblin has 100 health, regens 1 health per minute.
All you need to do is deal 101 damage within a minute to kill it, 1.68... dps

A hob goblin, a tougher enemy, has 300 health, regens 50 health per minute.
All you need to do is deal 350 damage within a minute to kill it, 5.83...dps

A menhir sentinel, a tougher enemy, has 900 health, regens 150 health per minute.
All you need to do is deal 1050 damage within a minute to kill it, 17.5 dps

A demon, top tier boss monster of whooping your ass, has 4000 health, regens 900 health per minute.
All you need to do is deal 81.666666666666666666666666666667 dps.

All numbers made up, obviously the demon would be way too easy.
Obviously, if you took 2 minutes the dps required to kill the monster would drop dramatically...

The point is, if you level it up to 2...the health goes up with 30-50%...the regen just flat out doubles.
If the person who joined you doesnt output enough dps, you slow down the rate of killing.
If you spawn scale with 15 alts...you are never killing it at all.

Health regen is what should be making higher end monsters a challenge...not having 50000 health and you have infinity time to kill it.

Obviously you have to scale health aswell, or its too easy to burst something down...but regen would make it so you cant use alts to spawn scale with unless you are on shit tier monsters that you can easily clear. At that point, you are putting more strain on yourself to increase income which makes you easier to kill should pvp happen.

Ideally they come up with something to stop both the spawn scaling with alts...and find a solution to downtime in pve.
I mean, they will say "go fight harder enemies", but its the high end spawns that have long respawn timers you need to fill the gap with.
Kill an erodach, guess who's waiting 15 min before there's something to fight again.
Doesnt matter if you kill it in 5 seconds or 5 hours...the respawn is the same.

Ramping it up based on killing speed would be something, but at least make it impossible for players with a ton of alts to make more monsters to fight to bypass the down time a single player would have.

Reply #58
I dont oppose spawn scaling, but you gotta come at it from a different angle.

Health regen is the single biggest tool in the game to make alts useless.
Yet its been disabled on all monsters.

But they can't do this, because UW already had this solution.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #59
Ah yes. The annoying mount stuck in a tree/mountain because the game rewards the ones who can multiclient the best.