Skip to main content

Topic: Un-nerf group farming again (Read 2029 times) previous topic - next topic

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Un-nerf group farming again
Reply #15
50% of players without alts quit and immediately handed most of their accounts to a friend effectively making at least 90% of players left with control of an average of 2-3 accounts.

lol'd
So did I, hence the population decline

Weird. Why make a statement if you laugh at it? :confused:

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
50% of players without alts quit and immediately handed most of their accounts to a friend effectively making at least 90% of players left with control of an average of 2-3 accounts.

lol'd
So did I, hence the population decline

Weird. Why make a statement if you laugh at it? :confused:
No no. I laughed at the broken game mechanics known as AltFall.

I know it might seem strange to the few that have played the game since launch while only ever logging into one single account which I'm willing to bet by now can be counted on two hands
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Please stop making good suggestions.
It only raises hope they will listen, making it that much more painfull when they fuck up shit even worse than before...

Reply #18
How about buffing champs in scaled spawns? More champs with more loot and a higher regen to make it very hard to clear them alone with alts.

Reply #19
Joking aside altfall farming was the lesser evil. I'd rather have an influx of mats than the complete wasteland the markets currently are.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Joking aside altfall farming was the lesser evil. I'd rather have an influx of mats than the complete wasteland the markets currently are.
But see that's the problem. It's one huge oxymoron. The people who were hardcore AltFall farming kept all the shit for themselves and used it to level crafters and grind gear up faster.

This was seen by single account holders, solo players and small newb clans and they took the path of least resistance making the markets even less stocked.

Plenty of people here warned them about AltFall during inDev including myself and they dismissed it. Here we are with the results
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
What is the reason to sell though?

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #22
With no proper localization - not much reason.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #23
Yeah I know. The problem is not solved by a single solution, it's a plethora of issues that needs to be solved.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
If there were tons more gold sinks ppl would sell stuff.

Reply #25
If there were tons more gold sinks ppl would sell stuff.

I think the prob is people can sell but they never know if they can buy so a crafter can dell goods but never know if he can get mats and a reg player can sell mats but never sure if he can buy gear.

What ive been developing is a 'bring me what you have and ill get you what you need' exchange service whre people bring me mats we total value and then they tell me what they need and we make it fit the value, removing the above issue.

Edit: There is a hidden issue in this in that I almost dont want to sell things too fast because im not sure if I can buy it and i dont have the time to replace it all if its selling fast so I have to have higher prices to keep the pace slower and make enough to cover getting mats.

Where if I can get a supply of mats coming in im no longer constrained by my own mat generating time so i can then lower my prices to move things faster knowing i have mats coming in at at reasonable trade value, allowing me to know my lower prices are covering mat costs.

The cheaper i can buy mats the cheaper i can sell goods and i consider my own time valuable so if I have to farm it thats to me a high cost, where if the systems are flowing and i can always buy at reasonable prices being able to sell gear on tighter margins .
  • Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:01:15 am by Mycke

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Its almost like some people said a year ago...
That the economy doesnt function because gold is useless if there isnt a stocked market.
And markets arent stocked if players arent selling.
Players cant depend on others, or rather...its safer to rely on a clan crafter.
Sure that means you need to get all the stuff yourself, but thats a time investment to get what you want.
Instead of a time investment to make a huge pile of one material, praying that somebody will buy it (at a reasonable price).
And ontop of that, praying that others have done the same in equal enough quantaties that crafters can make equipment.
And ontop of that, praying that the crafted goods get spread out to your end of the world at a price which you can consistantly afford.

Then again, ive been told i dont believe enough in the system for it to work out.
Faith is funny like that i suppose.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
That the economy doesnt function because gold is useless if there isnt a stocked market.
Sure that means you need to get all the stuff yourself, but thats a time investment to get what you want.
Instead of a time investment to make a huge pile of one material, praying that somebody will buy it (at a reasonable price).
And ontop of that, praying that others have done the same in equal enough quantaties that crafters can make equipment.
And ontop of that, praying that the crafted goods get spread out to your end of the world at a price which you can consistantly afford.

Then again, ive been told i dont believe enough in the system for it to work out.
QFT

Reply #28

you dont see the vision dude, theres no way clans will have crafter alts and noone will want to use the markets in shit npc cities, with local banking giving you a chance to lose everything, and no fast travel making the whole process tedious as fuck, IMPOSSIBLE
  • Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:02:33 pm by inkarnation
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #29

This is not true though I have a full stocked market with many thing priced maybe 20% over mat cost and things dont sell very fast because gold isnt as common or useless as the forums tell us and no matter how much you all keep saying it i know this isnt true from actual play.