Skip to main content

Topic: Un-nerf group farming again (Read 686 times) previous topic - next topic

Un-nerf group farming again
Please un-nerf group PvE again. The loot and skin scaling is very bad atm. Atleast in smaller groups (~3 ppl) it is not worth it, sometimes I even skin less on level 3 than on level 1.
I know it could lead to Altfall again, but there must be a better solution. For example automatically unengage from PvE if you are not moving for 10 seconds.
I really liked farming in small groups but as it is now it makes most sense to farm alone. Sooner or later people will also figure out that you can farm everything by your own easily, as you can see in this video:
https://youtu.be/CKiu9zPW3JE
Happy Iam Rats in the Hats

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Un-nerf group farming again
Reply #1
It's pretty much come full circle back to DFO which is what they were trying to avoid
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Completely agree.

At mid skinning skill/title
Solo: skins for 1-2.
Duo: skins for 1-2, mostly 2's.
Trio: skins for 1-2, almost all 2's.

The more players you have, the more loot splits you have, the worse returns are. Spawn scaling doesn't compensate for the poor splits either.

This MMO is encouraging solo play over group play. Makes no sense. Players should be rewarded for group play.

I log in less do to this fact. Makes the game lonely.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

Reply #3
TIL dwarves are demonic devil NPCs that are farmable solo :) But what do they skin for?!

Reply #4
Why actually nerf the problem of alts? Just make group loot complete shit no matter what,  ez fix, no more alts, no problem
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #5
I agree, currently i see no reason to farm 99% of the monster in a grp. Maybe spawn scaling previously was too good but now its just decent for skillgain on big mobs. And honestly, i dont rly care about alts being used. Only a minority did that anyway.

Reply #6
Their problem is in theory more people = more safe which is probably true in the long run and why they set it as they did, the problem is with low pop this breaks down and solo is about as safe as 10 man with way better per person loot.

Reply #7
The scaling system isn't good. Just make loot and spawn bonus base on clear time.

The faster you kill the demon the more shit it drops. This way you can bring 4 other friends and get bonus loot to compensate the split, and you get safety in numbers with a faster clear. You can keep your hp bonus (the damage increase sucks when you melee mobs) and adjust boss encounters accordingly.

And then maybe groups can go do dungeons together! Have you seen the grey orks or the cave trolls? Screw that. Your spawn scaling is not working.

I also don't get why you removed monster regen, it was the main reason to bring other players to help you out. Now 2 people can do the demon, is this ideal?

• Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:25:47 pm by Maximiliuss

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
The scaling system isn't good. Just make loot and spawn bonus base on clear time.

The faster you kill the demon the more shit it drops. This way you can bring 4 other friends and get bonus loot to compensate the split, and you get safety in numbers with a faster clear. You can keep your hp bonus (the damage increase sucks when you melee mobs) and adjust boss encounters accordingly.

And then maybe groups can go do dungeons together! Have you seen the grey orks or the cave trolls? Screw that. Your spawn scaling is not working.

I also don't get why you removed monster regen, it was the main reason to bring other players to help you out. Now 2 people can do the demon, is this ideal?
Very good suggestion
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #9
And honestly, i dont rly care about alts being used. Only a minority did that anyway.
that could be sig-worthy

Reply #10

note that demon drops same exact loot from lvl3 to lvl11, then at lvl12 it has a chance to drop another key, or it might not, take a gamble

I think the scaling is perfectly fine kappa

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
And honestly, i dont rly care about alts being used. Only a minority did that anyway.
that could be sig-worthy
Oh shit, I missed that one. Lost confidence in his posts after he tried saying game is poppin compared to the era he was balls deep in during indev when he was sieging the fuck out of us.

Minority used alts yet for some reason after week 3, 50% of players without alts quit and immediately handed most of their accounts to a friend effectively making at least 90% of players left with control of an average of 2-3 accounts.

Feels good man

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
50% of players without alts quit and immediately handed most of their accounts to a friend effectively making at least 90% of players left with control of an average of 2-3 accounts.

lol'd
  • Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:06:25 am by gosti

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
50% of players without alts quit and immediately handed most of their accounts to a friend effectively making at least 90% of players left with control of an average of 2-3 accounts.

lol'd
So did I, hence the population decline

Reply #14

Very good suggestion

We suggested thousand time to increase monster regen to compensate for group farming. At least they realized spawn scaling was broken, another half year, maybe they realize this as well.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."