Skip to main content

Topic: Question about Champion system (Read 503 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about Champion system
At some point in their progression, players will become limited by overworld respawn rate.
This should encourage players to move on to more challenging monsters and/or spawns for increased rewards once their character or player knowledge progresses enough.

What does this mean?

Does it mean that eventually farming trolls wont drop rares?

I'm only good at farming trolls.

Re: Question about Champion system
Reply #1
At some point in their progression, players will become limited by overworld respawn rate.
This should encourage players to move on to more challenging monsters and/or spawns for increased rewards once their character or player knowledge progresses enough.

What does this mean?

The higher the tier the mob the better the probabilites are for rare loot from a boss so where a troll boss might give a key or a combat title book, where a evil eye champ might give 3 books a potion a key and a map.

Reply #2

What does this mean?

The higher the tier the mob the better the probabilites are for rare loot from a boss so where a troll boss might give a key or a combat title book, where a evil eye champ might give 3 books a potion a key and a map.

That may be the intent, but I don't think it is the reality, at least not solo. I found I got far more books and stat potions from farming lower tier mobs that I could frequently spawn champions than higher tier mobs that took some time to kill. Maps are better on higher tier mobs for sure, but the potential for extra books etc just didn't come close to making up for the increased time to kill and reduced number of champion kills. Although that's all from a couple of weeks ago, if it's been changed since I might be wrong.

Reply #3

What does this mean?

That may be the intent, but I don't think it is the reality, at least not solo. I found I got far more books and stat potions from farming lower tier mobs that I could frequently spawn champions than higher tier mobs that took some time to kill. Maps are better on higher tier mobs for sure, but the potential for extra books etc just didn't come close to making up for the increased time to kill and reduced number of champion kills. Although that's all from a couple of weeks ago, if it's been changed since I might be wrong.

I think this was true when the system was first put in but I farm every day almost and ive seen them change it internally because now on high tier mobs i almost always get something good and on low tier i usually get nothing or something mediocre.

The confusion is the system did start as you described but has been tweaked since.

Reply #4
There is still A LOT of random in rewards, so you can get super lucky on shitty mob , and you can get super unlucky on a difficult mob.

I'd like to see RNG loottables looked at again at some point... and respawn timers of some mobs too.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #5
Two days ago I got four books and one potion from a mid-tier MOB (Sarlid Darkweaver Champion). 

Reply #6
Two days ago I got four books and one potion from a mid-tier MOB (Sarlid Darkweaver Champion). 

Yeah but they are yellow and starting at yellow they get good and the truth is some higher tier mobs just arent worth it while other ones are pretty good and with an orange mob I often get multiple books 1-2 pots and key map or even both, 5-6 items is not uncommon. On lower tier (greens) I get maybe a combat book or vel key or small map rarely jackpot.

Reply #7
Mycke can you tell me what mobs are good to farm? And what gear / stats I need to do it?

Reply #8
Mycke can you tell me what mobs are good to farm? And what gear / stats I need to do it?

For raw champs I think the best spawns are the solo ghost spawns, though there is some down time they have a pretty quick respawn and champ every 4 (10-15 min) and since they are yellow often give good champ loot. You can farm them with fire archane or earth (or transmuted weapon of these types).

Reply #9
Getting information about the game from a noob who can be beat by just throwing light battlespikes at him, hahahahahahah.
dodgy bastard

Reply #10
He is a trader and a librarian now. That expertise has nothing to do with PvP or conquest, whichever category pwning someone only with battle spikes falls into.

Reply #11
If you wanna do the most efficient champ farm, look for double spawns. Two spawns either very close to each other or in the same location. Its possible to get 2 champs every 10-15mins that way. Even 3 champs is possible but i am not gonna tell you the locations. Find them yourself :p

Reply #12
If you wanna do the most efficient champ farm, look for double spawns. Two spawns either very close to each other or in the same location. Its possible to get 2 champs every 10-15mins that way. Even 3 champs is possible but i am not gonna tell you the locations. Find them yourself :p

But be careful that they are not too far away and that your clearing and returning never takes above 3 minutes or the spawn will reset and you won't get champs.

Imho you can get some stupid mobs to respawn really fast. Size of the spawn is really not such a great indicator but respawn time is and they are different sometimes for same mobs and not shown in game.