Topic: Is game dead? (Read 1355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is game dead?
Reply #30
duno about you nerds but I dont spend my summer vacation playing darkfall
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #31
lol @ summer excuse

Are you new to MMOs? Every game ive ever played has a had a good dip in pop during summer, they all do and always will.

HAHAHHAA No MMO I have EVER played has gone to 20 players because its summer.

You really are a deluded old fool.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
lol @ summer excuse

Are you new to MMOs? Every game ive ever played has a had a good dip in pop during summer, they all do and always will.

HAHAHHAA No MMO I have EVER played has gone to 20 players because its summer.

You really are a deluded old fool.
The sad part is it hit its lows while it was still snowing in most parts. Guy pretends he wants a pop but he's a pig in mud right now with all the spawns he can freely farm
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #33
When there's more pvp on the forums then In game?!?! lol couldn't resist.

Reply #34
Game is not dead. the game is populated, however the time to travel is ruining the gameplay for many casual gamers and people who have jobs.

The only problem the majority of people have with this game is the time to travel.

If they add in 1 faster mount with half the HP of a bluetail but a little faster, this would definatly make a HUGE difference to the time it takes to travel around the map.

Reply #35
Game is not dead. the game is populated, however the time to travel is ruining the gameplay for many casual gamers and people who have jobs.

The only problem the majority of people have with this game is the time to travel.

If they add in 1 faster mount with half the HP of a bluetail but a little faster, this would definatly make a HUGE difference to the time it takes to travel around the map.
Instead of making the world feel smaller as you suggest, they should add more local pvp like watchtowers and warfronts AND MORE and make the world feel larger but with something to do nearby...!
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

Reply #36

Instead of making the world feel smaller as you suggest, they should add more local pvp like watchtowers and warfronts AND MORE and make the world feel larger but with something to do nearby...!

This where I feel we are at too, they are finally getting to around where they should have been before launching  and now is the time to bang out the content patches with watchtowers, warfronts and even the boats/sea towers.

This is what they should be working over the summer so by fall they have something interesting to draw people back when people start staying indoors more.

Reply #37
We can't play WoW until they re-release the Vanilla, you dumbass

IDK im almost bored enough at this point to try that Battle For Azeroth garbage next month...

The past 3 and a half years have been the dark ages of mmorpg gaming and it almost certainly won't be much better for at LEAST another year (more like 18 months)

If only it wasn't illegal to play Online Poker in America now. At least that would get my adrenaline going a bit ( like Darkfall PvP used to) and give me something to doin my downtimedowntime

I honestly don't think there will be a REALLY good MMO to play until 2021 for Star Citizen, but Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, and WoW Classic might be worth fucking around in between

Amazon also has a sandbox pvp mmorpg well into development, an "influencer" friend of mine was one of the ones that got flown out to their studio to see the game and give feedback, but he's under a strict NDA. Pretty sure he wasn't that impressed with its current state though.

Another game you guys should be on the look out for beta by the end of 2018 is CCP (the guys that made EvE) Project Nova. It's an FPS MMO based on the EvE Universe

New Dawn needs a good 6 months of development AND a relaunch if its to ever be populated properly. I'm writing the game off until that happens

Reply #38

This where I feel we are at too, they are finally getting to around where they should have been before launching  and now is the time to bang out the content patches with watchtowers, warfronts and even the boats/sea towers.

This is what they should be working over the summer so by fall they have something interesting to draw people back when people start staying indoors more.

You really don't understand the current mmorpg gamer generation if you think Summer means a decrease in mmorpg population

Reply #39
duno about you nerds but I dont spend my summer vacation playing darkfall
You're a minority unfortunately

Reply #40

You sure @fitteslim agrees with you? he has been arguing for MONTHS travelfall is needed, when we were suggesting that travelfall killed the game and wanted to have a solution to this.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #41
Lol Star Citizen.  A team that blows its deadlines THAT badly will never finish.  Ub3r's time management seems world class by comparison.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
Lol Star Citizen.  A team that blows its deadlines THAT badly will never finish.  Ub3r's time management seems world class by comparison.
Something tells me Star Citizen is nothing more than another pyramid scheme fueled by hype. The more people that jump on that bandwagon the more lavish the guys at the top can live all the while hiding under the "You were funding an unfinished game" smokescreen.

When it's all said and done, there will be a law passed to discourage that garbage. Might as well call it HerbaStar
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #43
Something tells me Star Citizen is nothing more than another pyramid scheme fueled by hype. The more people that jump on that bandwagon the more lavish the guys at the top can live all the while hiding under the "You were funding an unfinished game" smokescreen.

When it's all said and done, there will be a law passed to discourage that garbage. Might as well call it HerbaStar

It's all marketing and presentation that wins the media. Elite Dangerous a fine game delivered many years ago got very little coverage.

Reply #44
Early access buy in, kick starter, etc should all at some point see regulation.
Since clearly most video game consumers are too damn stupid to control themselves, mommy and daddy gov need to step in.

Early Access game doesn't have all promised features, they get away with it because they're allowed at will to change game direction or delay development inevitably. They get gullible idiots money.
There are obviously some games that accomplish ea to release, but it's too wild West risky for consumers

Edit: i thought this was some ot thread. Sorry for continuing derail.