Skip to main content

Topic: abandoned holdings (Read 593 times) previous topic - next topic

abandoned holdings
Abandoned holdings should slowly degrade to bind stone only. I see no reason for it to stay 3/4 built forever if no one owns it. Mechanic is already there, just don't stop the degradation process so fast.

First of all - what we have now strips everyone besides players that were present at launch of the experience of building a holding.
Second - this game needs to be more dynamic, it's stale. Make surroundings change with player decisions, we need dynamic surroundings and not static built once and forever structures.
Third - we need sinks, more sinks! For people to interact more, for trade to work.
And finally - People need to have goals in this game and not ready cities waiting for them.
  • Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:25:22 pm by wildNothing

Re: abandoned holdings
Reply #1
Abandoned cities should be in ruins, with a few walls here and there, and they should be inhibited by ogre bullies. Increase ogre's impact dmg on buildings for fun factor.

Reply #2
Great suggestion!

All your arguments are strong. For me the strongest one is to give the possibility to newbies to build a city.

Reply #3
Linked suggestion:

If I remember well, in DF1 they talked about mobs building their own "holdings"and attacking player holdings if you don't destroy them.... It never been implented because.
Maybe it's now possible to  make something like that? Mobs take over the abandonned holdings (problem is that mob are not persistant in the world but maybe remove all the useless wildlife to add this feature?...or just make them pop like others)
No scaling and 1 time pop until the next times
Let them grow= add champions
waiting more= add lords
more= add king and his royal guards  => Only doable with a good amount of people= racial warfront vs pve

Would be way better if mobs can attack the nearest holdings during vulnerability window and with a war declaration...everything like a siege. pre-etablished siege stone position guarded by their best units.

Ok it's a lot of time to develop this :p

Atleast will see some sieges ingame lol.

Reply #4
Abandoned holdings should slowly degrade to bind stone only. I see no reason for it to stay 3/4 built forever if no one owns it. Mechanic is already there, just don't stop the degradation process so fast.

First of all - what we have now strips everyone besides players that were present at launch of the experience of building a holding.
Second - this game needs to be more dynamic, it's stale. Make surroundings change with player decisions, we need dynamic surroundings and not static built once and forever structures.
Third - we need sinks, more sinks! For people to interact more, for trade to work.
And finally - People need to have goals in this game and not ready cities waiting for them.

Doesn't it already go all the way down to the bindstone without stopping just over a long period of time? That's how was at launcj

Reply #5
Doesn't it already go all the way down to the bindstone without stopping just over a long period of time? That's how was at launcj
No and no.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
No and no.

If your going to be on the forums all day at least learn the game.
@wildNothing
From now on just copy/paste this quote he wrote anytime he tries to join in on game discussions. The guy is just so hungry to argue he's a waste even allowing to participate in important discussions. He doesn't care to give feedback, only to argue anything he can
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #7
Great suggestion!

All your arguments are strong. For me the strongest one is to give the possibility to newbies to build a city.
Thank you. And it takes not so much time to implement, while change touches few important areas - newbie experience, economy also adds content and dynamic game world environment. @Ub3rgames ?

Reply #8
No and no.

Yes it did and unless they changed it which I dont think they did if a holding is empty the game randomly damages things till everything is destroyed. If it doesn't then its bugged

Reply #9
How long was ghanalaj abandoned for?
Only missing a couple walls, otherwise built
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #10
How long was ghanalaj abandoned for?
Only missing a couple walls, otherwise built
a month or so
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #11
Khosgar was abandoned about 2 months ago, still has most shit, including some towers.

And I seem to remember abandoned holdings were supposed to quickly deteriorate...
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #12
we need sinks, more sinks! For people to interact more, for trade to work.

sinks for what? stone and wood that you need 30 alts to gather so it wont take year to fully build a city

im sure new players would love to waste a year building their city while harvesting materials on their main accounts before they can do anything while vets are having fun pvping

try thinking how a suggestion would work without using 30 alts next time

Reply #13

sinks for what? stone and wood that you need 30 alts to gather so it wont take year to fully build a city

im sure new players would love to waste a year building their city while harvesting materials on their main accounts before they can do anything while vets are having fun pvping

You can buy it. Hence "interact" and "trade" in a quote you refer to.

Reply #14

You can buy it. Hence "interact" and "trade" in a quote you refer to.
No, you can't "buy it", since no one is selling and any quantity.
Buy Orders may help, but at Ub3r's speed, it will be a year or two before they are put in.