Skip to main content

Topic: Xfers (Read 294 times) previous topic - next topic

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Xfers
Does some one know what determines when you get three ticks for xfer instead of two?

Last night heard that there are many heavy style players with lower magic than me getting three ticks while I only get two. Is this because of potency penalties to magic? And if so how many can I have before I loose the extra tick?
Viil Taja

Re: Xfers
Reply #1
Does some one know what determines when you get three ticks for xfer instead of two?

Last night heard that there are many heavy style players with lower magic than me getting three ticks while I only get two. Is this because of potency penalties to magic? And if so how many can I have before I loose the extra tick?

We tested this durring indev a little bit, the total transfered amount is not better just because you get 3 ticks. The results were very random, maybe Mantra can shed more light on it.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #2
Any melee title will reduce amount of ticks for xfers. Like an example: i have 3 schoools+1h axe = 2 ticks. when i remove 1h, i get 3 ticks, but with same amount of stats in total. Armor\Staff will not give me this 3rd tick back. Spell Duration - can.
In same time, alteration mastery for mages can add extra tick for heals aswell, but totall number will be almost the same. Aswell, it can reduce amount of ticks for Heal Self and Lay On Hands\WB for 1-2 only. So you can heal self for 30 in 1 tick.

It all depend on duration and magnitude, old DFO formula, but it have no effect on totall damage even for AoE spells. Devs know about this and told me that it is not a problem.

I foud 2 ticks even better than 3 ticks, coz 2x18 heal me faster than 3x12

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
Any melee title will reduce amount of ticks for xfers. Like an example: i have 3 schoools+1h axe = 2 ticks. when i remove 1h, i get 3 ticks, but with same amount of stats in total. Armor\Staff will not give me this 3rd tick back. Spell Duration - can.
In same time, alteration mastery for mages can add extra tick for heals aswell, but totall number will be almost the same. Aswell, it can reduce amount of ticks for Heal Self and Lay On Hands\WB for 1-2 only. So you can heal self for 30 in 1 tick.

It all depend on duration and magnitude, old DFO formula, but it have no effect on totall damage even for AoE spells. Devs know about this and told me that it is not a problem.

Thx Mantra for detailed answer easier now my title choice when I which to magic 👍
Viil Taja

Reply #4

@Ub3rgames fix this.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.