Skip to main content

Topic: Why economy didn’t work and won’t work in future. (Read 1286 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Why economy didn’t work and won’t work in future.
Reply #15
Ub3r Promised: Players don't have to do everything on their own.  They can simply use gold to trade.

Reality: Everybody has to do everything AND more...!!!

Root Cause: Poor design that allowed medium / larger clans to isolate from the economy. Zero cost to hoarding all materials, and gold having little value.

Real Solution: Ub3rgames needs to first understand how Darkfall economy works (not EVE not Ultima Online) and make some bold necessary move. 

Myth: Local banking, no fast travel, title caused it.  It didn't. This is a problem that existed since DFO

Help is on the way: Buy order and courier service will fix this. Not really.

Most solo and small clans are suffering because markets doesn't provide enough with reasonable price.

We traders/crafters can't possibly supply the market to meet the demand with reasonable price without a larger participation from all players especially suppliers of raw materials, enchanting mats and rare ores with a reasonable price.

Problem #1: Storage is free. Storage is unlimited. 

Problem #2:Storage is 100% safe. 

Problem #3:Items never spoils. 

All this leads to NEVER sell anything.  Keep everything because there is Zero downside.

Few here would argue that everything is fine and they just made a killing but these are exceptions.

Lets go through each scenarios:
  • If storage (clan and personal) had a real cost players/clan will keep what they needed and dumped rest on the market.
  • If storage had some risk players will not be hoarding.  They will be throwing unused item on the market.
  • If items had a shelf life, players will use what they need and throw rest on the market.

As a result if the market was well stocked with supplies all the times, then crafters didn't had to become producer.  They would craft and sell and be able to meet all the demand.  The cycle would feed itself. The overall cost would come down. 

Sure certain players are making 80K gold per hour and can afford gear bags costing 50K but MAJORITY of the players are NOT making 80k gold per hour. Query your database if you don't believe me.

The problem continues with stupid amount of useless items one need to craft.  The clan HAS to channel all items through their crafter to power level them.  This reduces raw materials entering the market. 

Then when this crafter quits the game, clan lost all F#@#@$@# investment and needs to start again.  I can understand ub3r doesn't want people to keep switching title to game the system if leveling crafting is that easy, but current system only allow super hardcore to pick dedicated crafting.

Then we have problem of other extreme. We have so  few crafting titles. A person can choose 5 crafting titles and with 3 alts and you can pretty much cover almost everything.  This further discourage more people from choosing crafting because they are COMPETING with their own clan mates.

Certain professions are nearly impossible for non clan crafter/solo crafter to level. These items like high end mounts are starved from markets.

@Ub3rgames  I don't know how to solve these problems, and it is your job to solve them. Without a working economy this game is pointless and might as well be a MOBA. The effort needed to put together a complete gear bag requires too much organization skills to attract non hardcore players.
Anybody who argues they can't PVP effectively because they took 3 crafting titles either doesn't understand the game or can't do math because that's just not true. Every very good PVP'r ive listed to in comm's or you see in a video - its always the same thing. White hits/standard attack hits win the fight. Not that extra 12%, not i lost because I dont have having WW. Base hits with magic or melee archery win the day every time
I'm really interested in who these elite pvpers you hang out with are telling you this.

For any of you solid pvpers still playing, do you guys also craft shields, smelt ore and make warhulks with your main pvper?

I'm only asking because apparently 12% more damage from titles (10% more on top if you pick up damage modifier instead of speed) from an exploding charge doesn't matter to you guys.

Well I clicked on his other stupid post I might as well click on this one as well and finish up the conversation.

Psycho is the person that I learned that from, and then heard it repeated by other people. I know you can't remember because you're autistic but you were in comms at the time as well.

It's not 10% for the damage title
I said 3 crafting titles not five either ffs. Edit- this means you can take 2 titles and have that EC spell genius

If your going to be on the forums all day at least learn the game.

Byby BK back to ignore wit u
You're so EZ Ivar.

Shield crafting, smelting and artillary only take up 3 titles.

You play all combat titles on your main (since you have alts yourself) so you can go pop another hypocracy pill.

Autism behaviors aren't the same as Alzheimer's (I know you wish they were because that's the word all the cool kids are throwing around)

Nobody's said shit about the damage title being 10% I said the damage modifier which is the one you buy from the mage and since you're a fucking moron I'll break it down for you:
Air title (+6%)/potent (+4%)/combo/scholar (3%) and the damage modifier on your nuke (10%)

And you should never try to parody what you learn from William because you'll never come close to what he does.

You're a shitter and even being away from the game for two months I'll still log in and beat you with my hybrid build that has none of these modifiers not because I'm doing white hits only but because you're at the battlespike king's level

Yeah but you wont log in and fight me, though you sure are tough when going for low hanging fruit like Ivar.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
If Ivar tells me he wants to go, I'll extend the same invitation I did to you. If he dodges me like you did then he'll get the same treatment.

Now, this might actually be an opportunity for you to redeem yourself because if Ivar agrees to fight, then I'll gladly shut your shit down right after but that would mean you'd have to show up to the time he and I agree to.

You had your chance and blew it so sorry if I'm stepping over you when I say you alone aren't worth logging in for

Also, please refrain from bringing up any duels conversations with me in threads outside of the Duel Vs Ava's SomeBK thread. Thanks
  • Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:44:56 pm by SomeBK
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #17
If Ivar tells me he wants to go, I'll extend the same invitation I did to you. If he dodges me like you did then he'll get the same treatment.

Now, this might actually be an opportunity for you to redeem yourself because if Ivar agrees to fight, then I'll gladly shut your shit down right after but that would mean you'd have to show up to the time he and I agree to.

You had your chance and blew it so sorry if I'm stepping over you when I say you alone aren't worth logging in for

Also, please refrain from bringing up any duels conversations with me in threads outside of the Duel Vs Ava's SomeBK thread. Thanks

Can someone translate this for me?

PS and really you are going to fight Ivar like that proves anything, i can beat that guy going melee archer in robes, whos next Tolbien?
  • Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:51:22 pm by Mycke

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #18

Seems pretty straight forward. What part you don't get?
Viil Taja

Reply #19

Seems pretty straight forward. What part you don't get?

Pretty much the part where he still believe im dodging him lol

Reply #20
I PvP with 4 crafting titles.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #21
IMHO, best gold sink would be to add base resources, iron, wood, cloth, leather, to NPC Vendors.
At a somewhat inflated price of course, so local harvesters can under bid them.
Ub3r has already said they are considering doing this.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

PS and really you are going to fight Ivar like that proves anything, i can beat that guy going melee archer in robes, whos next Tolbien?
I have 300k gold and my house in Harjik that says Ivar can beat you if you're only playing melee archer in a robe. After that fight is over with, I'll gladly roll your joke ass
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #23

I have 300k gold and my house in Harjik that says Ivar can beat you if you're only playing melee archer in a robe. After that fight is over with, I'll gladly roll your joke ass

I cant wait to see you two fight, but my gut says one of you will dodge.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24

Well, if you've been following the thread closely, you'd notice Ivar decided not to respond to my request for a fight but since you want to run your mouth about how bad he is, I'm saying he can beat you if you're going to be playing the rules you just stated earlier in the thread.

300k gold and my house in Harjik is my wager on Ivar beating Mycke the battlespike king with him forced to play a melee archer in a robe (like he said he could do)

Reply #25

Well, if you've been following the thread closely, you'd notice Ivar decided not to respond to my request for a fight but since you want to run your mouth about how bad he is, I'm saying he can beat you if you're going to be playing the rules you just stated earlier in the thread.

300k gold and my house in Harjik is my wager on Ivar beating Mycke the battlespike king with him forced to play a melee archer in a robe (like he said he could do)

I want to fight you but this is day 47 of you dodging....

Reply #26
Ivar doesnt do pre aranged duels, since he gets SO MUCH bang open world already hes verry likely to fight you 1vs1 in the open anyways
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #27
This thread is hilarious. Myke, just agree to the bet. 300k and a house in harjik...

Stop dodging.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #28

How do you still have a house? Ain't it like ten days if you don't pay the rent that you lose it? Or have you been logging in all this time to pay rent and then claiming you can't make your self log in for a duel?
Viil Taja

Reply #29
Isn't Mycke the guy who got killed by only battlespikes? lmao.

Awkward.