Skip to main content

Topic: Darkfall Unholy Wars activity  (Read 678 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars activity
Reply #15
Oh, did you reach the level that DF UW was the better Darkfall? It was and is. Well, i had this mindset when DF UW was alive. Anyway DF UW didnt deserve to stay alive.

Not because of the product itself but for incompetent management of the greek company aventurine s.a.. They didnt gave the devs a salary while they paid themself 60k+ in a time of financial crysis in greece but let them work constantly.

This is true but playing devils advocate what is preventing us saying exactly the same to BPG and Ub3rgames 1 year down the road? At the moment we are just taking  them what they are saying at the face value. DND will release in April, then Sept, finally Feb 2018. The story also changed.  It went from road/vision/watch tower into "launch when we felt it reached a minimum state for wipe"

"300,000 that played original DFO"

It is actually half a million people tried DFO confirmed by many including past GM, developer and others.

Move foward to 9 min 25 sec.
https://youtu.be/jU25YJ9iLpw?t=9m25s

Reply #16
the numbers are true - when all accounts (also those wo where sent to companies) are counted. What alot of players in the west forget is tha a decent ammount of Southcorean/Japenese/Chinese have tried it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV_pzU9N6ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS8ce1VmbQw
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #17
Oh, did you reach the level that DF UW was the better Darkfall? It was and is. Well, i had this mindset when DF UW was alive. Anyway DF UW didnt deserve to stay alive.

Not because of the product itself but for incompetent management of the greek company aventurine s.a.. They didnt gave the devs a salary while they paid themself 60k+ in a time of financial crysis in greece but let them work constantly.

This is true but playing devils advocate what is preventing us saying exactly the same to BPG and Ub3rgames 1 year down the road? At the moment we are just taking  them what they are saying at the face value. DND will release in April, then Sept, finally Feb 2018. The story also changed.  It went from road/vision/watch tower into "launch when we felt it reached a minimum state for wipe"

"300,000 that played original DFO"

It is actually half a million people tried DFO confirmed by many including past GM, developer and others.

Move foward to 9 min 25 sec.
https://youtu.be/jU25YJ9iLpw?t=9m25s

Unholy wars launched while green lite on steam and never broke 1k players on the server at the same time with steam up. Ever. 825 was their peak all-time.  https://steamcharts.com/app/227400#All

I know normally you could probably quote a developer and be close to the truth, but I suggest you watch the Tasos interview he did with a greek news show after all those other interviews where he stats "they had to try new ways to find financing for projects by X" and I forget his exact words were, but basically admits they (as a group) lied repeatedly to keep the ball rolling. Which goes along with everything they actually did. The only people who are repeating that number are Adventurine guys.

I bet they had 50k players, total, over the coarse of both games, less then 1% supposedly played UW while not logged in to steam ever? that is total bullshit. If it had really been 300k+ somebody would have relaunched the game. Especially in todays steam market. The video is in geek with sub-titles on Youtube. I found it because I was using a clip from the old DF "game play trailer" video on ND's web site and found that video to lol worthy, to say the least.
  • Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:11:36 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #18
Korean version of UW was not on Steam tho. And from what I hear, KR version had more players than INT version.
Also, Steam was not a requirement for UW, and Steam's numbers only count people who bought the game via Steam. You can be logged into Steam and play a game you bought elsewhere - and it will not show on Steam's numbers (Guild Wars 1 is one such example so I know it first hand).

Not saying game wasn't a flop. Seems all Darkfalls are bound to fail...
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #19

Reply #20
Korean version of UW was not on Steam tho. And from what I hear, KR version had more players than INT version.
Also, Steam was not a requirement for UW, and Steam's numbers only count people who bought the game via Steam. You can be logged into Steam and play a game you bought elsewhere - and it will not show on Steam's numbers (Guild Wars 1 is one such example so I know it first hand).

Totally agree I'm just saying when the developer known for lies about everything throws around a number like 300,000 and the highest number on Steam is 800 during a free to play. Something doesn't jive
  • Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:17:38 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #21

Totally agree I'm just saying when the developer throws around a number like 300,000 and the highest number on Steam is 800 during a free to play. Something doesn't jive
800 online at once 6 years later when its another game and it horribly failed twice, youre using verry relevant stat sheets

btw theres exactly 100 people in that picture, maybe youre shit at math bud
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Unholy wars launched while green lite on steam and never broke 1k players on the server at the same time with steam up. Ever. 825 was their peak all-time.  https://steamcharts.com/app/227400#All
Steam was never popular as neither sharing nor selling accounts was a thing you could do with steam. There were also various issues at the start and I'm pretty sure you could also only preorder directly. It's safe to say only a minority had the game on steam at launch, to the point where steam charts don't really matter when talking about number for launch. I literally knew noone who had it on steam as there was simply no reason to do.

DFUW launch (the first few weeks) was crazy population wise (not to the level of DFO but definitely tens of thousands of people who tried it). I grinded for like 1.5months, then lost hope, still was able to sell my account for around $300 and quit DF.
  • Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:32:36 am by mrW

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #23

DFUW launch (the first few weeks) was crazy population wise (not to the level of DFO but definitely tens of thousands of people who tried it). I grinded for like 1.5months, then lost hope, still was able to sell my account for around $300 and quit DF.

But also released 1/2-1 years too early.
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #24
Unholy Wars was garbage
dodgy bastard

Reply #25
  • Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:40:07 am by Prometheus

Reply #26

Reply #27
i just come here to tell you how stoopid yall are