Skip to main content

Topic: Darkfall Unholy Wars activity  (Read 1580 times) previous topic - next topic

Darkfall Unholy Wars activity
Those of you never played DFUW here are some video. The game was active much longer than RoA/DND.

Naval Warfare  Aug 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCAfsmRHDVE

Battle of Mar Shal Sept 9 2015 (2 years after release)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LHPywowpo

Vinterheim Siege June 19, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-xOUVHfCs

VS Battle Saints Aug 27, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJeI9ITUTjE

Sieges, Battle Looting, and Zergs Aug 6, 2014 Long March 35 vs 60 Siege
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfcYMktrTgM

Early Server politics vs CoE :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpc3WMuDkJc

Darkfall Unholy Wars: Accountability Sept 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZY8BOJ7hz8

Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars activity
Reply #1
Oh, did you reach the level that DF UW was the better Darkfall? It was and is. Well, i had this mindset when DF UW was alive. Anyway DF UW didnt deserve to stay alive.

Not because of the product itself but for incompetent management of the greek company aventurine s.a.. They didnt gave the devs a salary while they paid themself 60k+ in a time of financial crysis in greece but let them work constantly. Then they reduced the dev team from 9 to 3 while just one had skills to make progress (even in the wrong direction). Thats crime.

The last Version of DF UW is lightyears in front - enviroment, backround-system (code), citybuilding, marketplaces, character-progression (not animations and style!), soundsystems, physics, grafics, mobspawns, territory control (where villages was imbedded in it).

DND has made some awesome changes on mobspawns, improvements on performances, politic changes and siege-changes.

If these changes, which are indeed a step forward, would have been made in the DF UW context, hell this game would be so dope!

Edit

Darkfall Unholy Wars - The Bang is Real! (SwissArmyNinja-Am 13.01.2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NZmVWvV0Kw

• Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:19:38 am by Prometheus
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #2
df uw was garbage
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
WoW is even better

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #4
Even if UW was a better base to build upon, it's a moot point since UW licence was not available, nor is it likely it ever will be available.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #5
Rip UW. Wtb fps fantasy combat open world pvp game with meaningful conquest and loot drop.

Reply #6
Even if UW was a better base to build upon, it's a moot point since UW licence was not available, nor is it likely it ever will be available.

Its available. They want retard money for it because its tied to the bankruptcy and they wouldn't make any money in the licensing if they didn't charge an exorbitant amount.

DFUW wouldn't last 30 days in today's market. Slower, non-twitch based PVP, trash client. It's like a horrible Asian FTP game but without the titties.

Reply #7
...titties.
Female Ork. Ain't nothing hotter
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #8
df uw was garbage

Proof is in the pudding. Until RoA and ND catches up with population, content, PvP balance/diversity DFUW will remain the best version of DF.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Wish I played it just to be able to compare
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #10
df uw was garbage

Proof is in the pudding. Until RoA and ND catches up with population, content, PvP balance/diversity DFUW will remain the best version of DF.

There is more to the dynamics of population than 'which is the better game' and just because UW had a higher pop longer in no way reflects which is better. I mean I played UW longer than ive played this, though i definitely didnt like it better, but there just wasnt really anything else to play. Finally i couldnt take it any more and gave up, started LoL, which I pretty much played until I heard about this (about a week after indev started) and also quit that too.

UW had a lot of advantages outside of being good:

1. Original developers with a prebuilt base carried over from original.
2. Far less competing PvP games on the market.
3. No other version of itself competing for players.
4. Not the 4th incarnation of the game

So I find your metric irrelevant...
  • Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:04:34 am by Mycke

Reply #11
Excuses after excuses.  Some of the worse excuse I ever heard. Well then enjoy super low pop since it is justified lol.

Reply #12
Excuses after excuses.  Some of the worse excuse I ever heard. Well then enjoy super low pop since it is justified lol.

Since you didnt bother to try and show any of my 4 points werent true, I can assume you agree with them even though you dont like them?

Reply #13
Since you didnt bother to try and show any of my 4 points werent true, I can assume you agree with them even though you dont like them?

Lets play this excuse game.

1) Original developers with a prebuilt base carried over from original.

Population: Both original DFO AND DFUW are carried over to ROA-ND so it should have BIGGER population!
Content: You seem to agree that DFUW had more content then ROA-ND but you are saying it doesn't count since we have to give these new developer 'an excuse' of being new to the code/game.  They had the code since 2016-02-02, 15:43:18 !
PvP Balance: ROA-ND both touched the PVP mechanic there is no excuse here. 

2) Far less competing PvP games on the market.

Oh dear. PLEASE englighten this whole community with the name of these great PvP games that is putting presure to ND/ROA.  In fact most of these MMO PvP games existed during DFUW life time. 

3) Did you said no other version of itself competing for players?

Someone help me with the math.  In South Amercia 400 million people were all drinking Coke.  Coke shutdown.  Pepsi and RC Cola entered the market and competing with each other.  Now all of sudden Pepsi and RC Cola combined has 100 million drinkers?  Where the hell did the other 300 million go?  Why would competition for players with itself LOWER to total number of players? Ever thought that maybe Pepsi (ND) and RC Cola (ROA) sucks so bad that people just stop drinking cola?

4) Not the 4th incarnation of the game
This not an excuse.  DFUW had 7000 subscriber at the beginning and it came down to a fraction of that within a year. How can ROA-ND not even break that number? If ROA-ND was better than DFUW then just word of mouth from 300,000 that played original DFO  would have pushed above the DFUW numbers.

Here is  what 100 people looks like and it is the current population of the game at prime time.

DFUW was a better than DFO and current state of ROA/ND.  If ND continues to moves in this snail pace it will be years before it catch up to DFUW.

Reply #14

Lets play this excuse game.

1) Original developers with a prebuilt base carried over from original.

Population: Both original DFO AND DFUW are carried over to ROA-ND so it should have BIGGER population!
Content: You seem to agree that DFUW had more content then ROA-ND but you are saying it doesn't count since we have to give these new developer 'an excuse' of being new to the code/game.  They had the code since 2016-02-02, 15:43:18 !
PvP Balance: ROA-ND both touched the PVP mechanic there is no excuse here. 

2) Far less competing PvP games on the market.

Oh dear. PLEASE englighten this whole community with the name of these great PvP games that is putting presure to ND/ROA.  In fact most of these MMO PvP games existed during DFUW life time. 

3) Did you said no other version of itself competing for players?

Someone help me with the math.  In South Amercia 400 million people were all drinking Coke.  Coke shutdown.  Pepsi and RC Cola entered the market and competing with each other.  Now all of sudden Pepsi and RC Cola combined has 100 million drinkers?  Where the hell did the other 300 million go?  Why would competition for players with itself LOWER to total number of players? Ever thought that maybe Pepsi (ND) and RC Cola (ROA) sucks so bad that people just stop drinking cola?

4) Not the 4th incarnation of the game
This not an excuse.  DFUW had 7000 subscriber at the beginning and it came down to a fraction of that within a year. How can ROA-ND not even break that number? If ROA-ND was better than DFUW then just word of mouth from 300,000 that played original DFO  would have pushed above the DFUW numbers.

Here is  what 100 people looks like and it is the current population of the game at prime time.

DFUW was a better than DFO and current state of ROA/ND.  If ND continues to moves in this snail pace it will be years before it catch up to DFUW.

"300,000 that played original DFO"

and that's not a pic of 100 people.....50-60 maybe. I'm guessing you are super bad with the maths.