Skip to main content

Topic: Moving/Redownloading on to a diffrent driver (Read 248 times) previous topic - next topic

Moving/Redownloading on to a diffrent driver
I am trying to get DND onto my SSD, but when downloading the game the installer would not let me change the location of the download. So, I was forced to download it onto my HDD.. Anyone know how to move it over, preferably with out having to redownload the game?

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Moving/Redownloading on to a diffrent driver
Reply #1

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #2
The problem i was having is when i run the installer, it wont let me change the install destination off of the default drive

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
The problem i was having is when i run the installer, it wont let me change the install destination off of the default drive
That's a weird issue. Try running installer as an admin. Otherwise if that does not help maybe you have a corrupt setup.exe or a even some kind of virus on your pc?

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #4
Same problem happens with admin, the steps I am taking after running the installer is Modify > Disk Usage > Then try to change the driver. I ran a installer for a different game and it let me change to my SSD just fine. Any thoughts?

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Same problem happens with admin, the steps I am taking after running the installer is Modify > Disk Usage > Then try to change the driver. I ran a installer for a different game and it let me change to my SSD just fine. Any thoughts?

Just do the steps in the topic I linked.

Reply #6
3. Run the installer and install Darkfall: New Dawn launcher in the directory of your liking (e.g. C:\Games\DarkfallNewDawn). This step is important as installer makes sure that dependencies, required to run Darkfall: New Dawn are installed (required version of DirectX + VC Redist) + all the required registry entries are setup

Thats the step I can not do though, since it only allows me to download to my HHD. Unless i can make a back up and delete the files on my HHD, then do the instaler and move the lancher to my SSD. Feel like that wouldnt work, would it?

Thank you for taking time to help btw, means alot.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Thats the step I can not do though, since it only allows me to download to my HHD. Unless i can make a back up and delete the files on my HHD, then do the instaler and move the lancher to my SSD. Feel like that wouldnt work, would it?
In your case you would first have to make a backup, then uninstall the game and only then go through the steps.

Reply #8
I am trying to get DND onto my SSD, but when downloading the game the installer would not let me change the location of the download. So, I was forced to download it onto my HDD.. Anyone know how to move it over, preferably with out having to redownload the game?

You can download a free program on the windows app site that will move programs and the proper registry keys. I haven't used one of those in a long time so I don't know the name of them.

I would suggest that you uninstall ND. Restart, right click the windows icon, go to devise manager, drives, disable the HDD if it doesn't have the OS on it,  reinstall ND. Enable the HDD. Restart.