Skip to main content

Topic: At least we're doing better than... (Read 413 times) previous topic - next topic

At least we're doing better than...
Wild West Online, a game I thought had some merit. Currently 10-30 daily players...

https://steamcharts.com/app/743860

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: At least we're doing better than...
Reply #1
The fact that it's being compared to such a lowly shitter game, when it has the potential to blow up bigger than ultima online... Says something.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #2
I hear Xsyon looking for new players.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Fucking xsyon

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #4
Lol I played xyson beta with mr.ddt like 7 years ago.  Haven't heard of that game since.

Reply #5
Lol I played xyson beta with mr.ddt like 7 years ago.  Haven't heard of that game since.

I think Xyson is the poster child for the vision of the pure sandbox and why that doesnt work as a game, just because a game allows you to do so many things doesnt mean it gives you a reason to do them, its a game where you can do almost anything but why do them.

This is why DF needs to be a conquest game at its core, that is the driver that gives everything else purpose and though Df needs more sandbox elements, on their own they do nothing and xyson is the perfect example of this.

Reply #6

I think Xyson is the poster child for the vision of the pure sandbox and why that doesnt work as a game, just because a game allows you to do so many things doesnt mean it gives you a reason to do them, its a game where you can do almost anything but why do them.

This is why DF needs to be a conquest game at its core, that is the driver that gives everything else purpose and though Df needs more sandbox elements, on their own they do nothing and xyson is the perfect example of this.
You are retarded. Firs of all - you have no clue how to spell the name of game you of course have opinion about. So you repeat after others the wrong spelling. Second of all if Xsyon had solid combat it would be a good game. Same with MO. Why am I even responding to a brainless cocaine addict.. You post is dumb, as usually.

Reply #7
@Mycke

Mostly agreed. An open world sandbox game in which the world doesn't feel dangerous and truly have a way for players to impose their will, will always ultimately feel flat and uncompelling, regardless of how many things you can "do". Conquest, at its core, is one of the most meaningful and satisfying underlying "drives" for games of this niche, as not only is it the most compatible with human nature (in one hand we want to reign over one another, and in the other we are inherently gregarious and cooperation is mutually beneficial), but it affords players that rare ability to shape the world and say "this is how I see this world, and I can prove that, and create my domain, and after I've earned my place, I will dictate the rules."

Though with that said, saying "DF needs more sandbox elements" is a pretty gross understatement. DF boasts such a large, beautifully-built world, and for the vast, vast majority, it's all just dead space with mobs here and there and no other type of interconnection, nuance, mystery, lore, etc, whatsoever. Conquest in DF was always "good enough" (esp. with some tweaks here and there) that I just don't feel the continued emphasis on it was the right path at all. I truly look forward to the day that ANY Darkfall will offer a true, rich RPG sandbox experience, but I just don't know how realistic that wish is.

In the mean while, I personally decided to do something productive to fill that long-hungering void :)

Reply #8

You are retarded. Firs of all - you have no clue how to spell the name of game you of course have opinion about. So you repeat after others the wrong spelling. Second of all if Xsyon had solid combat it would be a good game. Same with MO. Why am I even responding to a brainless cocaine addict.. You post is dumb, as usually.
So much anger, poor kid....

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
@Mycke

Mostly agreed. An open world sandbox game in which the world doesn't feel dangerous and truly have a way for players to impose their will, will always ultimately feel flat and uncompelling, regardless of how many things you can "do". Conquest, at its core, is one of the most meaningful and satisfying underlying "drives" for games of this niche, as not only is it the most compatible with human nature (in one hand we want to reign over one another, and in the other we are inherently gregarious and cooperation is mutually beneficial), but it affords players that rare ability to shape the world and say "this is how I see this world, and I can prove that, and create my domain, and after I've earned my place, I will dictate the rules."

Though with that said, saying "DF needs more sandbox elements" is a pretty gross understatement. DF boasts such a large, beautifully-built world, and for the vast, vast majority, it's all just dead space with mobs here and there and no other type of interconnection, nuance, mystery, lore, etc, whatsoever. Conquest in DF was always "good enough" (esp. with some tweaks here and there) that I just don't feel the continued emphasis on it was the right path at all. I truly look forward to the day that ANY Darkfall will offer a true, rich RPG sandbox experience, but I just don't know how realistic that wish is.

In the mean while, I personally decided to do something productive to fill that long-hungering void :)
Hell yeah man. I've purposely not touched rust at all so I can give you feedback from a newbie's point of view.

I do however really enjoy playing Realm Royale. I feel like their maps are a decent size and their crafting system and team play mechanics can be expanded upon to make the game a mini mmo within a battle royal death match.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)